Advice?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2011 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2011 11:41 AM

Hello,

I've come to ask for some advice.

I have a wethepeople justice 2010 (custom) I've been working on it for 5 days now as I want increase my knowledge in bikes and possibly work in a bike shop when I'm older (If your wondering how old I am I'm 15). Anyway let's get to the point I'm terrified of steep ramps I'm not scared of heights so that's not a problem.

My friend got me into bmxing because he saw that I was working on my bike constantly and he thought why is he putting in all that effort for nothing so he got me to go to the local ramps I found things pretty easy but my confidence was low I wouldn't do things that I wasn't capable of doing.

I can do basic things like endos, fakies, 180 etc. I've been given a lot of advice on how to concur my fear of steep ramps I've read guides but non of them seem to help me.

So please give me feed back on what I should do.

|

5/10/2011 10:46 AM

just go for it. If you think your going to get hurt, more than likely you will

|

5/10/2011 10:50 AM

I was trying for two hours.

I just don't want to make a fool out of myself, I'm going to try and go early in the morning when nobody is there and maybe that will boost my confidence because then maybe If I do fall off there won't be a bunch of people laughing.

|

5/10/2011 11:11 AM

Justice wrote:

I just don't want to make a fool out of myself, I'm going to try and go early in the morning when nobody is there and maybe that will boost my confidence because then maybe If I do fall off there won't be a bunch of people laughing.

people wont laugh man, most people will help you. everyone has to start out that way. no one starts an amazing rider

|

5/10/2011 11:25 AM

Justice wrote:

dude nobody will laugh if you fall, if you do just think they were all like this at one point, i used to be like this, then i just went for it and realised how stupid i was being and how easy it was, just have fun man and forget everybody else just hit ramps the adreniline is amazing, i wish i could start bmx again everyday, like your first drop in on a big ramp, how happy you are, the adrenaline, your legs shaking, its just amazing, after time i started hitting ramps and now im an adrenaline junkie, and its so worth it, so just try stuff bro :D

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/10/2011 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2011 11:27 AM

Justice wrote:

Federal1217 wrote:

people wont laugh man, most people will help you. everyone has to start out that way. no one starts an amazing rider

I live in England, Most people are complete dicks.

Place where I skate basically has a quarter pipe, a box and a bank nothing else and it's all close together so you can't have speed. You either go up the ramps or get lost.

|

5/10/2011 11:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2011 11:41 AM

Justice wrote:

Federal1217 wrote:

Justice wrote:

Place where I skate basically has a quarter pipe, a box and a bank nothing else and it's all close together so you can't have speed. You either go up the ramps or get lost.

i live in scotland and i know what its like but fuck em, nobodys perfect and everybody has to learn, they didnt pop out there mothers and pull a backflip tailwhip so they can GTFO.

EDIT: and try to get enough speed to roll over it, and i dont care what anyone else says, wear a helmet, you will thank me smile

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/10/2011 11:41 AM

Don't roll in straight, roll in at an angle at first, then start hopping. If you're scared to air them, then you just need to do it.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

5/10/2011 11:47 AM

Federal1217 wrote:

Justice wrote:

mccarthy04 wrote:

i live in scotland and i know what its like but fuck em, nobodys perfect and everybody has to learn, they didnt pop out there mothers and pull a backflip tailwhip so they can GTFO.

EDIT: and try to get enough speed to roll over it, and i dont care what anyone else says, wear a helmet, you will thank me smile

Okay thanks for the advice mate I will take that in mind.

|

5/10/2011 11:48 AM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Don't roll in straight, roll in at an angle at first, then start hopping. If you're scared to air them, then you just need to do it.

I'm not really scared it's just the confidence to do it.

|

5/10/2011 11:50 AM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Justice wrote:

just do what you feel comfortable with and go for it, and i cant emphasize it enough WEAR YOUR HELMET, worth looking like a goon in the long run, bro think how pissed of all the guys who say your shit will be haha, i remeber once these guys wanted me to air this huge box, and i didnt want to but i just done it and they were lost for words, was so funny !

|

My Bicyclemachine.

5/10/2011 12:04 PM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Justice wrote:

mccarthy04 wrote:

just do what you feel comfortable with and go for it, and i cant emphasize it enough WEAR YOUR HELMET, worth looking like a goon in the long run, bro think how pissed of all the guys who say your shit will be haha, i remeber once these guys wanted me to air this huge box, and i didnt want to but i just done it and they were lost for words, was so funny !

I don't think my friend's will be surprised as it's only a quarter pipe that's only about 4ft and all the year 7's that ride can go up and down it.

|

5/10/2011 2:44 PM

I had the same thing for a while my fear was just like cracking my head open, so i say you should get a helmet and over come your fear and if you hit the ramp and get scared in the air just bail your bike and you wont(shouldnt) get hurt very badly

|

5/10/2011 3:23 PM

ride up the ram as far as u can then turn back down like 180 it
then when u do that u will be forced to come down weather on ur bike or on ur face.
so yeahh thats how i would do it

|

5/10/2011 11:38 PM

i used to be scared of quarter pipes
i got over it by just going down
think about it
it's just going down a slope
you're not gonna do like a 720 triple backflip or something
and for airing
just ride at the quarter pipe as fast as you can straight on
thats what i did and then it wasnt so bad

|

5/11/2011 1:01 AM

headphones
if you fall people will laugh
i laugh at myself when i fall
so basically just man up and go for it as long as your trying youll get it eventually
or you can do what i did and build your own quarter pipe

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

5/11/2011 3:05 AM

Federal1217 wrote:

maybe garrett reynolds?!?!

|

"I'd rather grind a rail then be in heaven" ~ Garrett Reynolds!
text ~ 269-262-8763
Refs:
]3ig-]2ob-352, Harry95, Abod, legendsx23, fitbike7447, iridebmxerveryday(x3),
TheKinker2010, Billizle, dave805, RedCrayon, dk disaster.

5/11/2011 4:04 AM

is there a place where u can go learn about bikes, i wanna work at a bike shop 2 but i only know sketchtastic ways of fixing things

|

5/11/2011 8:09 AM

brianoob wrote:

i used to be scared of quarter pipes
i got over it by just going down
think about it
you're not gonna do like a 720 triple backflip or something
and for airing
just ride at the quarter pipe as fast as you can straight on
thats what i did and then it wasnt so bad

Okay thanks mate, I will keep that in mind.

|

5/11/2011 8:11 AM

NewSkoolRider wrote:

is there a place where u can go learn about bikes, i wanna work at a bike shop 2 but i only know sketchtastic ways of fixing things

I'm not sure sorry. I've had a little help from my step dad so.

|

5/11/2011 1:14 PM

NewSkoolRider wrote:

Justice wrote:

I'm not sure sorry. I've had a little help from my step dad so.

ight thanks

|