Old frames

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2021 7:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2021 6:22 AM

Hey all,
Found redline three in a rummage heap other day ..decided to spray bars grey primer and stem white, I killed time muckin round basically on this but eh

Photo

|

7/1/2021 7:49 AM

Not sure where you saw a used redline going for $350, but that just it's right (Unless you mean 350 pesos). This thing would barely be worth that new. If you are going to ride it yourself, then great. But don't expect to get much money for it if you try to flip it. Honestly, might be worth more for scrap metal.

|

7/1/2021 8:18 AM

That's a roughly 2010 model (give or take a couple years) and entry level. You would likely end up with around 100-150 USD if it is in really good shape when you finish.

A good cleanup, replace the chain and sprocket and toss a rear wheel on and find a seat. I wouldn't sink too much $ into it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/1/2021 8:25 AM

For that bike, even fully restored, $350 is quite steep.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/1/2021 10:02 AM

That's not the kind of redline you'll get anywhere close to 350 for. Spending much on it will result in a loss

|

7/1/2021 10:49 AM

|

7/1/2021 12:57 PM

.pegless. wrote:

That's not the kind of redline you'll get anywhere close to 350 for. Spending much on it will result in a loss

If time is money, he is already under water for grabbing it...

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

7/1/2021 4:29 PM

$350 AUD I meant as I seen on gumtree, a new one I noticed was like $500 ftr... was thinking i'd just hang on to it n fix it up bit by bit over time anyhow

|

7/1/2021 4:31 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Not sure where you saw a used redline going for $350, but that just it's right (Unless you mean 350 pesos). This thing would ...more

Cheapest new redline I noticed was $500 Aus dollars

|

7/1/2021 4:34 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Not sure where you saw a used redline going for $350, but that just it's right (Unless you mean 350 pesos). This thing would ...more

Stridezee wrote:

Cheapest new redline I noticed was $500 Aus dollars

Just clean it up for personal use, I wouldn't sink any money into it, it's not worth it.

|

7/1/2021 7:08 PM

Find one that looks like this and I'll pay way more than $350...

Photo

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

7/2/2021 1:14 AM

Stridezee wrote:

$350 AUD I meant as I seen on gumtree, a new one I noticed was like $500 ftr... was thinking i'd just hang on to it n fix it ...more

They're not going to get 350 for it. It's an old stock complete. At very most you'll get about half of full retail. But generally speaking, anyone that wants to start riding will be looking for more than a stock complete. And anyone that just wants a bike for their kid wants to spend as little as possible.

|

7/4/2021 1:13 AM

Been reading that chain tensioners aren't a bad investment

Photo

|

7/7/2021 1:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2021 1:30 AM

Someone threw away their 2013 fiction fable bmx so I scored this now too..lol
Needs new pedals, grips and front tyre but rest is in fair condition from what I can tell

Photo

|

7/7/2021 1:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2021 6:22 PM

I'm wondering with the mid sprocket design smaller then the redline -
does it change it much in overall performance, What's the deal there comparatively??

|

7/7/2021 4:46 AM

Stridezee wrote:

I'm wondering with the mid sprocket design smaller then the redline -
does it change it much in overall performance, What's ...more

Not a huge difference in performance as you'd have a wheel with a driver the size to have a similar gear inch ratio.

Wd40 isn't a lubricant. Practically the opposite. Any chain lube will work, just wipe off any excess so dirt doesn't stick to it

|

7/8/2021 5:28 AM

I use this for chains.

https://www.wd40.com/products/silicone-lubricant/

Very good stuff. Just don't get it on the kitchen floor, as it turns it into an ice rink lmao.

|

Gravity always wins.

7/24/2021 1:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2021 4:35 AM

Just sandpapered handlebars & reattached today'
Only issue now is finding a way to raise the seatpost..
likely install a thinner bar maybe idk-...

All same still I like to think its the coolest custom fiction fable in existence.
'DIALLED' ;D

Photo

|

8/26/2021 10:26 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

That's a roughly 2010 model (give or take a couple years) and entry level. You would likely end up with around 100-150 USD if ...more

It says 'redline three' on front part of frame under stem- when I researched it said threes were from the 1990s.. that right?
also it has a bent sprocket so that would have to be replaced im guessin too

|

8/26/2021 10:55 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Photo

That was my bike back in the day. And to think that I sold it back to the bike shop for $35.00....

|

8/26/2021 10:59 PM

Stridezee wrote:

Needs new pedals, grips and front tyre but rest ...more

Are you scouring all the local garbage dumpsters man? How are you finding these bikes. JK. Good stuff man. Who cares what they're worth. Just fix em up, ride and enjoy em.

|

8/27/2021 6:26 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Photo

Vic707b wrote:

That was my bike back in the day. And to think that I sold it back to the bike shop for $35.00....

Really? Same color too? That picture was snagged off Google.. This was actually my bike, when it was stolen in 1989 I gave up on BMX, until now..

Photo

|

8/27/2021 7:15 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Photo

Vic707b wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Really? Same color too? That picture was snagged off Google.. This was actually my bike, when it was stolen in 1989 I gave up ...more

Same exact color. Mine came with different forks though. Bought it complete, but then changed the forks. It cost my mom $350.00 then. !989-1990. Eventually I "grew" out of bikes and sold it so that I can scrounge money together to buy a Sega Genesis. The shit we do as youngsters. Now at almost 47, I no longer am too old and ride again. BTW, you added those 5 star rims to your bike?

|

8/27/2021 9:23 AM

Vic707b wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Really? Same color too? That picture was snagged off Google.. This was actually my bike, when it was stolen in 1989 I gave up ...more

Vic707b wrote:

Same exact color. Mine came with different forks though. Bought it complete, but then changed the forks. It cost my mom ...more

Mine came complete from Reggie's bike shop, including the green mags... I added the green Odyssey seat post though..

Krazy you had the same color too. They weren't very common even back then..

|

8/27/2021 2:07 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Mine came complete from Reggie's bike shop, including the green mags... I added the green Odyssey seat post though..

Krazy ...more

I have a pic with a 15 or so year old me somewhere. If I can find it, I'll post it.

|

8/27/2021 9:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2021 9:53 PM

Stridezee wrote:

Hey all,
Found redline three in a rummage heap other day ..decided to spray bars grey primer and stem white, I killed time ...more

You can make any “garbage” bmx nice & cool & improves its performance if you want to...... this is one of my example

This is specialized fuse 3, I got it for $150 and spend some money & time to fully customize it... and it came out killer, the most important thing is, it’s your bike, you can do whatever you want... don’t need to ask for advice, other than technical questions about components... and never worry about “value” the only value that matters is if your happy with it...
Photo

|

8/27/2021 9:49 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

8/28/2021 5:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2021 6:07 AM

Stridezee wrote:

Needs new pedals, grips and front tyre but rest ...more

Vic707b wrote:

Are you scouring all the local garbage dumpsters man? How are you finding these bikes. JK. Good stuff man. Who cares what ...more

First one I did find dumped in an ol guys pile of rummage, he was one hell of a hoarder lol.. the fiction fable though was abandoned & yeah just restored whole thing- now i've got a 'failure' brand frame with sunday stem im fixin up'
Also with redline frame I'm sellin it as I cbfed fixin it

|

8/28/2021 6:14 AM

Photo
|

8/28/2021 7:19 AM

Stridezee wrote:

Hey all,
Found redline three in a rummage heap other day ..decided to spray bars grey primer and stem white, I killed time ...more

team3d wrote:

You can make any “garbage” bmx nice & cool & improves its performance if you want to...... this is one of my example

...more

Although I agree with the sentiment, I'd rather spend money on good parts that aren't going to break if I sneeze too hard, than put money into making a cheap complete "look" cool. Doesn't matter how much you jazz up a hi ten frame, it'll never last as well as an aftermarket chromoly frame

|