Age limit?!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2013 11:44 AM

This site should have an age limit.. Especially when it comes to buying/selling! I'm tired of these kids making offers on my parts and not following threw with the purchase! And or telling me it will be a week or so when they get the money! First off don't advertise you are paypal ready when in fact you don't even have a paypal! Should be an age limit for paypal as well! Just a rant folks! I'm not posting this to be an ass... Just irritated is all.

|

*Refs* from, robinson79, obiwan chromoly, SuperstarDK, TCbmx., ScramHype.

I build bikes... I don't ride hard core anymore I just ride.

To get ahold of me easier text me, 405-567-57zero2

12/8/2013 11:45 AM

If there is an age limit people would just surpass it. Also half of the decent members in general/non section would be gone

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/8/2013 11:46 AM

dude the FS here sucks. Honestly, no matter whether it''s on here, cl, ebay,ect. just plan on not selling whatever your trying to sell.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/8/2013 11:48 AM

What's stopping people saying that they're 18?

Oh yeah. Nothing.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/8/2013 11:50 AM

I understand the majority of the world thinks Bmx is just for kids... But what I'm saying is follow threw with what you tell someone. Don't false advertise. Don't make an offer if you don't have the money. Don't expect things for free. It's getting old! Bmxmuseum is the only place where I have not run into this on going problem.

|

12/8/2013 11:51 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

dude the FS here sucks. Honestly, no matter whether it''s on here, cl, ebay,ect. just plan on not selling whatever your trying to sell.

I couldn't agree more.

|

12/8/2013 11:54 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

What's stopping people saying that they're 18?

Oh yeah. Nothing.

Nothing. But there very well should be... It gets old and frustrating. I was warned when I told another member on here (whom I won't name but is a very respected member) that I was going to try and sell some parts! He told me beware of all the crap offers... All the kid expecting you to bend over backwards for them etc... Not to mention trading on here... Complete joke!

|

12/8/2013 11:58 AM

There is an age limit to Vital, it's 13.

You should have to pass a Captcha that forces you to use "you're" & "your" or "they're" "their' & "there" in a correct sentence to even get onto the internet.

|

12/8/2013 12:06 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

You should have to pass a Captcha that forces you to use "you're" & "your" or "they're" "their' & "there" in a correct sentence to even get onto the internet.

We could only wish lol

|

12/8/2013 12:18 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Actually, i don't think there is. I know bmx-f is 13 though. If i remember correctly when i signed up for vital it said something like ''Don't join if you can't take a joke and please keep the cussing to a minimum. There are little kids here.''

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/8/2013 12:20 PM

Tbh ive dealt with more adults on here that act like complete twats than children. And I think it depends more on maturity than age. Im 16 and I feel like I handle doing sales on here very well, and that maybe some people would think of me to be older than I am.

However, you cant complain about people making offers. If you dont want trade offers, put that in the post. If youre really going to judge someone by age, then post that in your post. Ive avoided a few threads that said "no one under 18" even though I wanted to buy what they had or had what they wanted.

I posted a thread for my frame the other day, made all the specs very clear, said it was frame only (pics of it are of my whole bike), gave complete information for it, even posted the price. but yet I still had people asking "how much" "the whole bike or the frame" "what kind" etc. That really annoyed me. Its like they look at the pics but dont read the words.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/8/2013 12:23 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Actually, i don't think there is. I know bmx-f is 13 though. If i remember correctly when i signed up for vital it said something like ''Don't join if you can't take a joke and please keep the cussing to a minimum. There are little kids here.''

Straight from the T&C

(2) You must be at least 13 years old to use Vital Media Network sites. If you are between 13 and 17 years old, you should obtain permission from your parents or guardian before using Vital Media Network sites.

|

12/8/2013 12:33 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Straight from the T&C

(2) You must be at least 13 years old to use Vital Media Network sites. If you are between 13 and 17 years old, you should obtain permission from your parents or guardian before using Vital Media Network sites.

Pretty sure all that is avoided lol!

|

12/8/2013 12:37 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Tbh ive dealt with more adults on here that act like complete twats than children. And I think it depends more on maturity than age. Im 16 and I feel like I handle doing sales on here very well, and that maybe some people would think of me to be older than I am.

However, you cant complain about people making offers. If you dont want trade offers, put that in the post. If youre really going to judge someone by age, then post that in your post. Ive avoided a few threads that said "no one under 18" even though I wanted to buy what they had or had what they wanted.

I posted a thread for my frame the other day, made all the specs very clear, said it was frame only (pics of it are of my whole bike), gave complete information for it, even posted the price. but yet I still had people asking "how much" "the whole bike or the frame" "what kind" etc. That really annoyed me. Its like they look at the pics but dont read the words.

Example: if a post says paypal ready and I have such and such to spend and that person contacts you saying they want what you have advertised.... And then says sorry it will be a wk before I can get the money?! Huh? Really? All I'm saying is make sure you do in fact have a paypal and that you do in fact have the money! My prices are very negotiable and I'm already have them listed cheap as is.. Like I said it's frustrating.

|

12/8/2013 12:50 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

THIS!!!! 1000x times over again and again.

Age has little to do with how you cope with the situations around you. I've met immature 30 year olds as I've met 13 years old who were pretty damn mature. I try to keep my activity on this site to a minimal to much depressing shit on here... makes me think bmx really is a little kids sport. Not to mention shit I see out on the streets Either way, someone who is 25 years old could bail on their offer just like someone who is 15.

Roll with it, try selling stuff in person.

|

12/8/2013 12:59 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Photo
|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

12/8/2013 2:01 PM

I agree. I had wheels, hub guards, stem, sprocket and grips for sale on here, asking 350-400 and not a single bite from anyone legit.

I had a kid offer 100 bucks for all of the parts that were in really good shape (stem, sprocket and hubs were almost mint, a few dings in the rims.

Retail came in at over 500 bucks for what I was selling, and that was the most legit offer. 100 bucks. I ended up selling locally to a buddy who LOVES the parts.

Ridiculous.

Every kid online thinks they are entitled to a stupid good deal, or if they see it is not in a box and in mint condition it somehow is worth 10% of MSRP.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/8/2013 2:21 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I agree. I had wheels, hub guards, stem, sprocket and grips for sale on here, asking 350-400 and not a single bite from anyone legit.

I had a kid offer 100 bucks for all of the parts that were in really good shape (stem, sprocket and hubs were almost mint, a few dings in the rims.

Retail came in at over 500 bucks for what I was selling, and that was the most legit offer. 100 bucks. I ended up selling locally to a buddy who LOVES the parts.

Ridiculous.

Every kid online thinks they are entitled to a stupid good deal, or if they see it is not in a box and in mint condition it somehow is worth 10% of MSRP.

The thing is people who buy used look for good deals. Not saying your parts are a bad deal but the odds of someone paying 400 dollars for something used is slim. If they had that much they'd probably just buy new.

|

12/8/2013 2:23 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Ridiculous.

Hit the nail on the head sir.

|

12/8/2013 2:25 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Ridiculous.

This, I had my parts listed all over facebook, and on here, and on CL. only one thing even sold (after 3+ months) and I had very reasonable/ low prices.

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim

n-dür on facebook

12/8/2013 2:31 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Ridiculous.

Scenekid69 wrote:

The thing is people who buy used look for good deals. Not saying your parts are a bad deal but the odds of someone paying 400 dollars for something used is slim. If they had that much they'd probably just buy new.

That's exactly what I'm saying... Say I got something that I paid $500 new, I put it on here for $300 shipped... They still come at me with ridiculous offers! So to say that is ignorant! Kids and or teenagers have no concept of what things are worth or what one should expect to sell for! That's the majority of the teens I've dealt with.

My neighbor is 16! He expects all my parts that I'm not using for extremely cheap!!! Or to give it to him! His excuse is, well you got money you can afford new stuff! Yeah but that doesn't mean they are free. I get shit offers all the time on here. Example are my Gsport birdcages... $290 shipped. And I'm willing to deal and negotiate... But my last offer was$150!! I almost snapped! I'm done trying to sell anything on this site. Get low balled and trade offers that are not worth even talking about. Crazy.

|

12/8/2013 2:33 PM

bmxtru13 wrote:

That's exactly what I'm saying... Say I got something that I paid $500 new, I put it on here for $300 shipped... They still come at me with ridiculous offers! So to say that is ignorant! Kids and or teenagers have no concept of what things are worth or what one should expect to sell for! That's the majority of the teens I've dealt with.

My neighbor is 16! He expects all my parts that I'm not using for extremely cheap!!! Or to give it to him! His excuse is, well you got money you can afford new stuff! Yeah but that doesn't mean they are free. I get shit offers all the time on here. Example are my Gsport birdcages... $290 shipped. And I'm willing to deal and negotiate... But my last offer was$150!! I almost snapped! I'm done trying to sell anything on this site. Get low balled and trade offers that are not worth even talking about. Crazy.

Why are you flipping out then? Nobody is forcing you to post your stuff on here.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

12/8/2013 2:34 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

This, I had my parts listed all over facebook, and on here, and on CL. only one thing even sold (after 3+ months) and I had very reasonable/ low prices.

Bs. You sold your forks and stem and soon to be tires.

|

12/8/2013 2:38 PM

bmxtru13 wrote:

again with the teenager stereotypes. look a part is only worth what someone is going to pay for it. So even if you think it's worth $290, if no one's going to pay that, it's not worth that to them. It may be worth that to you, but you're not the one buying. The other thing is, kids are mostly broke. A lot of us go into parts deals with the attitude of "the worst they can do is say no." I know you were 16 at one point too, and probably acted the same way. So if you are so offended at your offers, just tell them no and don't sell your shit., it's that simple.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/8/2013 2:40 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Ridiculous.

SnM An1mal wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

sold my forks... to you. I didn't sell the stem. I am giving it to someone as a gift, and the tires were never for sale.

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

12/8/2013 2:45 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

sold my forks... to you. I didn't sell the stem. I am giving it to someone as a gift, and the tires were never for sale.

Well maybe nobody wants yo shitty parts, cuzzo. #bangbang

|

12/8/2013 2:47 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Well maybe nobody wants yo shitty parts, cuzzo. #bangbang

you think the park fags at p9 will want my frame or front wheel?

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

12/8/2013 2:49 PM

bmxtru13 wrote:

lol Ignorant? I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about I've done plenty of deals locally and on forums. Age doesnt seem to matter because you seem not to know what things are worth. No one cares if you paid 600 dollars for your wheel set. Parts lose value the older they get. Look how fast parts progress, old parts lose value, new parts are updated all the time. You're selling USED people ride these parts, not everyone cares about how pretty parts look. I know if I can get something with a few scratches 70 dollars cheaper than a nicely painted one im getting the cheaper one. People will lowball, here, craigslist, pinkbike etc. yes vitals fs section is shit now but people over charging for parts are just as bad as lowballing.

|

12/8/2013 2:56 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

you think the park fags at p9 will want my frame or front wheel?

Maybe. Id bring them just incase.

|

12/8/2013 3:00 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Maybe. Id bring them just incase.

I'm gonna. I just wanna get the shit out of my basement lol.

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook