Airing a quarter

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2017 12:20 PM

I'm pretty comfortable 180ing at the top of a quarter and I think ready to start airing and I was wondering how long it takes to be able to air a quarter?

|

9/3/2017 12:23 PM

harryjacobs2004 wrote:

I'm pretty comfortable 180ing at the top of a quarter and I think ready to start airing and I was wondering how long it takes ...more

If it takes you longer than 30 seconds to learn any trick you should sell your bike and never try to ride again.... It will take as long as it takes man, everyone progresses differently...

|

9/3/2017 3:31 PM

You'll air coping quickly, but it takes time to do it smoothly and get higher. I still can't blast it. Watch the odyssey Tom Dugan how to on airing, it is very specific. Pump your tires up to 50 or more, get comfortable casing.

|

9/3/2017 4:42 PM

funny cause i am the opposite. I can air a quarter, but still can not do a 180 anywhere. Like BcBMX80 said, it is different for everybody. I have been frustrated by 180's for a year now. Having the heart attack (and not being allowed to ride for 6 months) didn't help expedite the process...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/4/2017 12:52 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

funny cause i am the opposite. I can air a quarter, but still can not do a 180 anywhere. Like BcBMX80 said, it is different ...more

I'm in a similar boat, I can air a couple of feet over coping and 360 a box jump but I cannot do flat 180's no matter how much I try haha

|

9/4/2017 1:39 AM

I can't air properly, I just go fast and do a tucked hop when I hit the coping. I'm far too scared of hanging up to try it properly

|

9/4/2017 7:01 AM

harryjacobs2004 wrote:

I'm pretty comfortable 180ing at the top of a quarter and I think ready to start airing and I was wondering how long it takes ...more

Your question has no actual answer. Everyone learns everything differently over a different length of time.

I don't think they're anything like a 180, I don't try to spin when airing. I learned to air by going way faster at a quarter than I was comfortable with and pulling back, almost to flat. I think the spin happens naturally.

Just go at a quarter with a bit more speed than you usually would, carve a little bit and try to wallie the coping. Don't worry about smoothness or anything for the first while, I'd say to just pull out to flat and as you get more comfortable, start working on smoothness and start landing higher up.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson