Airing out..

Related:
Create New Tag

12/15/2013 8:14 PM

So the other week I learned to air the other way (usually I air spinning to the left, but now I do them to the right)

I do little baby airs but whatever haha, anyway.. It felt more natural to air out spinning to the left, it's also feeling more natural spinning to the right doing them, just coming back in feels sketchy. I also feel like I can go higher. I spin to the right naturally as I'm goofy footed, so maybe that's why.

is anyone else like this? like their switch airs feel better/higher or is it just me? haha I think I'm gonna make my "switch" airs my regular now though.

photo-

Photo

Also, I landed a downside whip tonight I'm happy with. so here's a bonus for reading this thread

|

12/15/2013 8:16 PM

I cant air in a consistent fashion. This is because i dont go to parks nearly as much as i need to. haha

I can understand this though. When you ride goofy and then go normal it makes sense it would be easier. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/15/2013 8:24 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I cant air in a consistent fashion. This is because i dont go to parks nearly as much as i need to. haha

I can understand this though. When you ride goofy and then go normal it makes sense it would be easier. haha

maybe haha. I always thought I aired to the left for the past few years but could barely make it above coping until a few weeks ago when my friend taught me an easy way. the thought "hey, I spin to the right. maybe airing that way would be easier?" crossed my mind, but I never actually tried it until just the other week.

|

12/15/2013 8:35 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

maybe haha. I always thought I aired to the left for the past few years but could barely make it above coping until a few weeks ago when my friend taught me an easy way. the thought "hey, I spin to the right. maybe airing that way would be easier?" crossed my mind, but I never actually tried it until just the other week.

Yeah haha it always depresses me everytime i go to air something at a park and just cant. haha Everyone says it is so easy and not to overthink it. I always overthink it. The only place i feel kinda comfortable trying it is wheeling skatepark on the pool coping and southpark on the one part haha One of these days haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/15/2013 8:36 PM

Yeah, a perfect example is Tom Dugan. Just look at him! Airs in both directions are blowing high and his "switch" airs are even higher! I am goofy-footed and yes, "switch" airing is much easier but I can't get much pop at the moment. Regular airs are easier and can pop but I can't control it as well. Just think of goofy riding as doing frontside tricks on a board. Cuase like regular riding people in BMX, when you do something that requires you to scoop your bike, your back foot will kick inward, but being goofy-footed, only your front foot can do that.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/15/2013 8:37 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yeah haha it always depresses me everytime i go to air something at a park and just cant. haha Everyone says it is so easy and not to overthink it. I always overthink it. The only place i feel kinda comfortable trying it is wheeling skatepark on the pool coping and southpark on the one part haha One of these days haha

Just give it a try haha it's honestly not that bad. going higher is scarier though. just work your way up.

|

12/15/2013 8:38 PM

Fuck I wish I could air high. I always puss out and barely get over the coping.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/15/2013 8:39 PM

Sunday how do you air? I pump hard and only. Go foreward, not back into the qp

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/15/2013 8:40 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Just give it a try haha it's honestly not that bad. going higher is scarier though. just work your way up.

Yeah i gotta grow some nuts. haha i always wanna hop and it freaks me out. haha Ill get it if i focus on it for a while.

|

12/15/2013 8:44 PM

SickDude wrote:

Sunday how do you air? I pump hard and only. Go foreward, not back into the qp

Don't be giving him tips..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/15/2013 8:46 PM

I've been learning how to air recently haha. Used to do nothing but grind but now I love flowing around. Just getting above the coping but I love it now and hopefully I get better soon.

I spin goofy normally, but I air both ways. I just go whichever way I'm heading haha.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/15/2013 8:48 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Fuck I wish I could air high. I always puss out and barely get over the coping.

same, the air on the right I felt like I went too high & almost ate shit, but as you can see it's not that high haha.

|

12/15/2013 9:19 PM

I wish I could air but I can't LOL sad

Don't call me names but I almost could tailwhip out of a bank , yet not air out or feeble grind more than a meter

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/15/2013 11:44 PM

I enjoy doing Opposite Airs as I do goofy Tables.

|

12/16/2013 8:39 AM

Airs are where the party's at switch airs are fun I want to learn lookbacks in switch airs ......switch 3 to fakies would be cool to

|

12/16/2013 11:33 AM

the last time iteyed an air was on a 14 fooot half pipe so idk if i can go above copping , but anyway i suck balls at airs

|