Airless / Cut-out tires

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2013 12:06 AM

Craziest thing I've seen for a while. The tire is like a semi-solid the hooks onto your rim? Crazy cut outs too !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/19/2013 12:47 AM

Seems like a great idea, but I bet it will cost the earth.

|

5/19/2013 6:45 AM

it's ugly as hell, but function over beauty. i agree ^ it probably will cost an arm and a leg

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

5/19/2013 7:03 AM

it would prob be good for road bikes but for bmx i dont think its going to catch on. and personaly i like some good old fashion rubber.

|

Go big or go home

5/19/2013 7:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2013 7:54 AM

It looks like a moron.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/19/2013 8:54 AM

I like it! But it would Probably break in half and kill ur rim lol

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/19/2013 9:08 AM

Minus the holes i think airless tyres are a great idea! No more pinched/exploded shitty inner tubes!!

|

5/19/2013 9:41 AM

Topsey wrote:

Minus the holes i think airless tyres are a great idea! No more pinched/exploded shitty inner tubes!!

I didn't really pay much attention to the video, but I though the holes are there so that it flexes a bit, and doesn't feel completely solid?

|

5/19/2013 9:44 AM

Well i would imagine for MTB thats good having to ride through mushy dirt with numerous rocks & shit like that. However BMX Street & Park most people run 100PSI+ so a solid-ish tyre would more than likely suit most.

|

5/19/2013 9:58 AM

Topsey wrote:

Well i would imagine for MTB thats good having to ride through mushy dirt with numerous rocks & shit like that. However BMX Street & Park most people run 100PSI+ so a solid-ish tyre would more than likely suit most.

Not everyone rides that high PSI, around here everyone runs 70-80ish. And a completely solid Tyre would feel horrible, plush it would weigh a LOT. And those holes probably don't make that much difference in the flex anyway. But I get what you mean.

|

5/19/2013 10:04 AM

I run 65psi myself, i know it wouldnt be fantastic for some but i think it would be good for the masses! Im sure they could work out different compounds to get it to feel like different PSI's.

|

5/19/2013 10:09 AM

Topsey wrote:

I run 65psi myself, i know it wouldnt be fantastic for some but i think it would be good for the masses! Im sure they could work out different compounds to get it to feel like different PSI's.

Yeah, true. I think this system has a long way to go before we start seeing it on most bikes.

|

5/19/2013 10:13 AM

its ok i wouldnt do it

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/19/2013 2:12 PM

Not sure how this is going to work I have a feeling they would break or snap with street abuse.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/19/2013 4:57 PM

andyferly wrote:

Not sure how this is going to work I have a feeling they would break or snap with street abuse.

With progression of parts I wouldn't doubt that a bmx option could be made. But grinding with cut out sidewalls would be weird.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/19/2013 5:09 PM

that would not hold up to street, plus it would annoy the shit out of me if a stone got in there and was rattling around as i rode. and from the MTB perspective that would clog up so quickly with mud when riding

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram