Aitken s3.5 frame thoughts?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2014 2:58 PM

I am recieving a Maroon fit aitken s3.5 frame soon from dmx24. I know the frame is pretty light and it has a teardrop downtube. I wanna know the BB height, and the standover height! And any thoughts on it are appreciated. Yes i have seen the youtube video of it snapping...

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/17/2014 3:20 PM

Found this on Custom Riders

Dent resistant tear drop downtube
Removable brake mounts
Heat treated, butted, air-hardening Supertherm tubeset
New headtube with engraved S3.5 logo (from the hood of Mikey’s car!)
Clearance for massive rear tires
Micro heat-treated dropouts
Tapered/swaged seat stays
Laser cut, vented seat and chainstay bridges
Integrated seat clamp
New engraved Fitbikeco gusset
Made with pride in the USA
Sizes 20.5", 20.75", 21"
Backend length 13.65"
Head-tube angle 75°
Seat-tube angle 71°
BB height 11.8"
BB style Mid
Axle size 14mm
Brake mounts Removable 990 mounts
Gyro tabs optional
Weight 4.2 lbs
|

1/17/2014 3:43 PM

My buddy rides one he won it from a contest its a pretty solid frame.....feels kind of similar to the s&m ltf

|

1/17/2014 3:59 PM

Its good i had it on one of my bikes that where stolen, light and strong it's one of my favorite franes I've owned. if you dobt like it you can always give it to metongue

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/18/2014 1:12 PM

Anyone know stuff about Air Hardening Super Therm Tubing?

Also, this WHOLE frame is heat treated?? :D

Is it strong?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/18/2014 1:18 PM

I'm pretty sure all the tubes are heat treated but it's not post weld heat treated. I'm not 100% certain on that though.

|

1/18/2014 2:05 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I'm pretty sure all the tubes are heat treated but it's not post weld heat treated. I'm not 100% certain on that though.

Ahh okay. How low is the Standover?

|

1/18/2014 3:14 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

dude u gotta find this out before buying. im barely learning all this new style features frames are coming out with. now i feel like if it dont have integrated tensioners and integrated seat clamp and post weld heat treatment then its garbage. lol does standover really matter that much?? i guess if ur doing tricks it matters.

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/18/2014 4:09 PM

RxKing wrote:

dude u gotta find this out before buying. im barely learning all this new style features frames are coming out with. now i ...more

I can ride just about any frame, and i knew enough about the frame to get it and feel confident about the decision. I was just wondering about a few of the small features it has. I got it for 125$ from a dude on here (thank you dmx24, i cant wait to receive it!!!)

And yeah, i mean i wanna know the exact height just because. I know id love the frame, so im not sweating it or anything. haha I just wanna make the point that i have seen reviews and stuff. I saw pictures of the frame, so obviously it isnt LOW or really HIGH, i just wanted to know the exact dimension.

Also, a frame doesnt NEED chain tensioners. I have never had them and 80% of frames out now dont have them. It doesnt make a frame awful. Is it a nice feature? Yeah, necessary, NO! I have never had a frame with them. And for 125 bucks, dont you think that is a pretty great frame? I took what i could get dude. A fully heat treated frame only weighing 4.2 pounds and having a dent proof downtube. That was a 400 dollar frame man. haha And one i have always wanted, forgive me for wanting to know some of the other stuff about it. haha

|

1/18/2014 4:12 PM

And so you know, idk if that remark at the end of your post was saying i dont do tricks or not, but i do a LOT of stuff. I am constantly learning new tricks. I, however, am not going to go thru with you all the tricks i can do.

|

1/18/2014 4:49 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

And so you know, idk if that remark at the end of your post was saying i dont do tricks or not, but i do a LOT of stuff. I am ...more

I said that cuz i dont trick much soo standover height dont matter to me....and it seems to be a great frame for the price.let me.know how that deal goes cuz im too scared to buy anything used on here from anybody unless i know for sure they are legit.

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/18/2014 5:06 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

And so you know, idk if that remark at the end of your post was saying i dont do tricks or not, but i do a LOT of stuff. I am ...more

RxKing wrote:

I said that cuz i dont trick much soo standover height dont matter to me....and it seems to be a great frame for the price.let ...more

Well usually you text them for a while. And Paypal works pretty great. Get a Paypal account and everything is set dude haha

It is my first time buying something and i used paypal. You can do a money order too! Money orders are great, but can take longer.

I sold my frame and am in the process of selling my coaster too. It really isnt hard. Try it man, lots of good deals.

|

1/18/2014 5:26 PM

Ok cool

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/19/2014 12:08 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

RxKing wrote:

dude u gotta find this out before buying. im barely learning all this new style features frames are coming out with. now i ...more

Integrated Chain Tensioners are pretty nifty but not important and I'd rather have a frame with a removable seat clamp personally.

|

1/19/2014 8:46 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

RxKing wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Integrated Chain Tensioners are pretty nifty but not important and I'd rather have a frame with a removable seat clamp ...more

I agree. I would love to have some, but i really dont need them.

I know for a fact that the Chain tensioners in most frames tend to deform.

|