Albes

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2012 12:53 PM

I am going to be ordering some fit shiv 2 and kink lynx bars within the next month and i was wondering if their are any other recommendation for forks or bars that come in chrome and does anybody know when the next albes coupon code is for like 10% off

|

1/23/2012 12:54 PM

ohh and i only have around 180- 190$

|

1/23/2012 1:03 PM

If you ride hard, and you want your forks to last, stay away from chrome. Hydrogen embrittlement is real. If you're smooth and don't land hard on your forks, go for it.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/23/2012 1:13 PM

I've got matching vultus forks and bars and they've held up great. I think they are a bit over your price range. I had the fit blade 2s and they were much sturdier then those shivs.

|

Life is like a Penis, simple, soft, straight, relaxed and hanging freely! Then women make it hard,.. \m/

1/23/2012 1:22 PM

Fit and kink makes great stuff id say your good.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/23/2012 1:23 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

If you ride hard, and you want your forks to last, stay away from chrome. Hydrogen embrittlement is real. If you're smooth and don't land hard on your forks, go for it.

I read a thing on that, maybe the G.F. stuff on the G-SPORT sight? anyway, crazy stuff that, the hydrogen getting trapped and trying to escape out of any cracks in the chrome making for weak spots, or something like that.

I keep telling myself that's why dynos and GTs always broke in the 90'slaughing

|

1/23/2012 1:37 PM

Get fit blades in chrome.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

1/23/2012 1:39 PM

They're usually pretty cool about giving discounts. Just e-mail Flip and see if he'll help you out.

Oh, and "freeship" always works on their site for free ground shipping.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

1/23/2012 1:49 PM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

They're usually pretty cool about giving discounts. Just e-mail Flip and see if he'll help you out.

alright thanks

|

1/23/2012 1:51 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

i dont ride to hard i mostly ride smooth trails and park and i dont grind so these should be fine

|

1/23/2012 1:51 PM

FIT MAC BARS-CHROME
FIT BLADE 2-CHROME

/END THREAD

|

1/23/2012 1:53 PM

you have bought so many useless parts in the last couple months.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

1/23/2012 2:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2012 2:19 PM

supremelylazzy wrote:

I read a thing on that, maybe the G.F. stuff on the G-SPORT sight? anyway, crazy stuff that, the hydrogen getting trapped and trying to escape out of any cracks in the chrome making for weak spots, or something like that.

I keep telling myself that's why dynos and GTs always broke in the 90'slaughing

After I had training at work for plating parts, I realized how fortunate I was that my Mongoose didn't snap on me. I have seen nice, thick parts snap due to hydrogen embrittlement, and fortunately there was no loss of life because of it. Edit. At first, I thought your dog was swimming in chocolate!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/23/2012 2:21 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

After I had training at work for plating parts, I realized how fortunate I was that my Mongoose didn't snap on me. I have seen nice, thick parts snap due to hydrogen embrittlement, and fortunately there was no loss of life because of it. Edit. At first, I thought your dog was swimming in chocolate!

ellaborate this enbrittlement please

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

1/23/2012 2:35 PM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

Flipper is the man. just the most chill guy, always looking to help people out.

and here are some code to run by. check the dates on them though, because some might be expired form sales past.--------> link

|

1/23/2012 2:41 PM

One thing to keep in mind when buying online, is shops are not supposed to discount S&M/FIT and Odyssey parts. Very rarely are the included in discounts.

|

1/23/2012 2:41 PM

im probably gunna go with flat black bars and forks and keep a chrome frame from the enbrittlement stuff

|

1/23/2012 2:44 PM

somebody elaborate on this embrittlement. I just bought chrome bars and am about to buy chrome forks.... now im scared

|

(bigddy56@gmail.com if you need anything)
REFS obiwan chromoly*_brendan*VAM999*Joe Green*louie101202*Night Light*ticaleb*phocraken*RiverSideRider*A08*andynahnah*Chuck8273*

1/23/2012 2:47 PM

soo i changed what i want to Volume alpha bars and fit blade in flat black would that look stupid on my bike with a chrome frame ?

|

1/23/2012 2:48 PM

genesis wrote:

One thing to keep in mind when buying online, is shops are not supposed to discount S&M/FIT and Odyssey parts. Very rarely are the included in discounts.

i did not know that thanks lmao

|

1/23/2012 2:52 PM

well, i could go into the exacting details of why it does weaken metal, but i'll keep it simple:

chroming is done using various chemicals and acids. these do eat away at metal, and will also weaken their atomic structure. weaker bonds between atoms, and having the surface of all chromed parts having small amounts removed results in an overall weaker structure.

if anyone wants to really go nuts and research more on it, you can find stuff on hot rodder forums everywhere discussing this and providing links to viable sources from actual metal treatment web sites.

|

1/23/2012 3:07 PM

code ''tape'' might still work

|

/ / /M POWER (OO=[][]=OO) /O==[][]==O\