Create New Tag

12/7/2017 10:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2017 10:45 AM

Check out the "used" gear they have for sale:

|

12/7/2017 11:01 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Lol, I saw this a couple weeks ago looking for cranks for my friend...I was like wtf.

Im sure they washed it but its still an odd item to re- sell.

|

12/7/2017 11:32 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Lol, I saw this a couple weeks ago looking for cranks for my friend...I was like wtf.

I'm guessing it's either a "used item" that was on a mannequin, or something that was bought & returned "unused" but they can't sell it as new any longer. OR, perhaps they are just being funny.

|

12/7/2017 11:35 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I'm guessing it's either a "used item" that was on a mannequin, or something that was bought & returned "unused" but they can't sell it as new any longer. OR, perhaps they are just being funny.

I had considered they were joking as well.

But it seems too hidden to be a joke imo.

Good thought on the possibility of a mannequin wearing them.

But some of those mannequins have a dirty past...used to date one back when I was hangin with the wrong crowds...

|

12/7/2017 12:00 PM

Those have been there for years...

|

12/7/2017 12:55 PM

It would be funnier if they had been marked up since they were used. And I think (I hope) that it's a joke and they don't actually exist.

|

Hmmm

12/8/2017 8:37 AM

Get the survival kit instead

|

12/8/2017 9:19 AM

Looking on Albes makes me sad because parts are not the UK costs of much more.

|

Hmmm

12/8/2017 9:20 AM

Edman123 wrote:

You should get a friend in the states to ship them for you.

|

12/8/2017 10:20 AM

Ah. The mannequin's name was Hilary and she was dating Scott (our shipper) at the time the photo was shot. Selling them at a discount because they were "used" was a joke. Obviously if we were to sell them we would have charged more. hahaha

www.albes.com

|

12/8/2017 10:21 AM

Edman123 wrote:

We ship to the UK everyday. Sometimes shipping rates a more than it's worth but it really depends on what you are looking to order.

www.albes.com

|

12/8/2017 11:20 AM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

Ah. The mannequin's name was Hilary and she was dating Scott (our shipper) at the time the photo was shot. Selling them at a discount because they were "used" was a joke. Obviously if we were to sell them we would have charged more. hahaha

www.albes.com

Winner, winner! Chicken dinner!

|

12/8/2017 11:29 AM

Edman123 wrote:

We ship to the UK everyday. Sometimes shipping rates a more than it's worth but it really depends on what you are looking to order.

www.albes.com

Yeah I think next time I make a big order it will be with Albes is it a fixed rate for shipping or does it vary?

|

Hmmm

12/8/2017 12:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2017 12:30 PM

Edman123 wrote:

www.albes.com

Albes give me free shipping code!for the states please

|

12/8/2017 12:41 PM

Edman123 wrote:

www.albes.com

Manny Perez wrote:

TAPE is the code. Well, it isn't "free shipping" but it is a discount code. I just ordered some stuff yesterday & I basically had a little over free shipping.

|

12/8/2017 1:54 PM

www.albes.com

Manny Perez wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

TAPE is the code. Well, it isn't "free shipping" but it is a discount code. I just ordered some stuff yesterday & I basically had a little over free shipping.

I actually had to re order my bike, had an issue so I canceled the order of the KINK whip and I'm about to order a KINK liberty, kinda happy since I wanted the larger TT size, this place called jr cycles bmx superstore, they just offered me 10% and free shipping, super nice people I highly recommend them, you can call and ask for discounts and free shipping and they will most likely give it to you if your spending a couple hundred bucks

|

12/8/2017 3:12 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Manny Perez wrote:

I actually had to re order my bike, had an issue so I canceled the order of the KINK whip and I'm about to order a KINK liberty, kinda happy since I wanted the larger TT size, this place called jr cycles bmx superstore, they just offered me 10% and free shipping, super nice people I highly recommend them, you can call and ask for discounts and free shipping and they will most likely give it to you if your spending a couple hundred bucks

Nice! Decided to bite the bullet & go a little bigger, eh (not bigger size-wise, bigger, more bike)? Congrats! Same goes... Throw up some pics!

|

12/8/2017 4:06 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Manny Perez wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Nice! Decided to bite the bullet & go a little bigger, eh (not bigger size-wise, bigger, more bike)? Congrats! Same goes... Throw up some pics!

I think its more or less the same quality.. just a bigger TT.. only thing I didn't think about is where this bike has brake mounts

|

12/8/2017 4:07 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Manny Perez wrote:

I think its more or less the same quality.. just a bigger TT.. only thing I didn't think about is where this bike has brake mounts

just found my old dyno air from like 2000 lol xD I wonder if someone would buy it

|

12/8/2017 4:52 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Manny Perez wrote:

Manny Perez wrote:

just found my old dyno air from like 2000 lol xD I wonder if someone would buy it

Yes as long as it is in good shape no telling what you can get for it. A local shop that sells new and used stuff had a GT Pro Series frame and fork (with headset and bottom bracket) and it sold for $530.00. It was in great shape but not perfect.

Go look at BMX Museum and Ebay for one of the exact same models. You probably will find it on eBay faster. And see even if it’s just a frame what it’s selling for. Then you have to decide if you want to sell it or not. I sold a Kastan frame for $375 about a year ago it was a 2000. Now if it was a VFR or something nobody would be interested

|

12/9/2017 1:41 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Manny Perez wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

Yes as long as it is in good shape no telling what you can get for it. A local shop that sells new and used stuff had a GT Pro Series frame and fork (with headset and bottom bracket) and it sold for $530.00. It was in great shape but not perfect.

Go look at BMX Museum and Ebay for one of the exact same models. You probably will find it on eBay faster. And see even if it’s just a frame what it’s selling for. Then you have to decide if you want to sell it or not. I sold a Kastan frame for $375 about a year ago it was a 2000. Now if it was a VFR or something nobody would be interested

What's a vfr? I was in 5th grade when I got my gt, now I'm I'm 28, must of been a 2000 is year model

|

12/9/2017 3:13 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

Manny Perez wrote:

What's a vfr? I was in 5th grade when I got my gt, now I'm I'm 28, must of been a 2000 is year model

VFR was some odd Dyno that was I think aimed at young kids who want a brand name. Everything on it was lower end and it had caliper brakes. The next year I think they put V brakes on. It was only about $250 or so. Kinda a complete like Walmart and the half ok Mongoose bikes. Might have been a way to boost sales too.

|

12/9/2017 3:38 PM

My was 389, I still remeber lol, I was so hyped

|

12/9/2017 3:39 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

Manny Perez wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

VFR was some odd Dyno that was I think aimed at young kids who want a brand name. Everything on it was lower end and it had caliper brakes. The next year I think they put V brakes on. It was only about $250 or so. Kinda a complete like Walmart and the half ok Mongoose bikes. Might have been a way to boost sales too.

Mine was 389 I think, I still remeber

|