Albes Wheel Shipment Review

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2014 10:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2014 10:58 PM

Meaning to post this earlier. As most know , I got a freecoaster from Albes (Still haven't ridden it , re-doing whole bike plus need a adjustable wrench to change slack) but I just wanted to place my thoughts.

I've ordered online from Danscomp and Vein , never from Albes.

The hub was 150$ with a rim was about 200$ and with spokes was about 215$. I also picked up a hubguard , so about 250$ total. The shipment went in and was confirmed about a day or 2 later. I got my tracking code with the email , which was easy to use. I tracked it twice , it was updated regulary. The shipping took about a week , although I didn't pick it up until later. I used basic ground shipping and it was about 25$ to the states (Washington , Bellingham) . I live in BC so it was easier to ship it there. With dollar exachange rates , the total of the order plus shipping and currency change came to 280$

When I got my package , I was disappointed to see the axle protruding out of the box. It was slightly poking out , maybe a centimeter or 2. It wasn't huge but I expected it to be prestine. I'm picky with that stuff. Anyways when I opened it , it was shipped in a basic box and paper. Not the best but it was fine , plus basic shipping as stated. The wheel looked amazing. It was built up to my specifications and although not ridden , it seems true to about a millimeter off. Which is really good. It took about an extra day to leave the factory just because it was a custom wheel hand made.

In all , I had no problems. The axle was a slight negative first impression but it is a sharp protruding shape , so I'll cut them slack. It was the shipping anyways. The wheel seems great although I wish they put the hubguard on , but I don't think they're allowed to. Slack washer came in a nice little bag , along with stickers and my order on paper. Overall , I give them an 7/10. People talk highly about them but it seemed no difference between Danscomp or Vein, which already were good.Props to the wheel making though , definately a good job.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/9/2014 4:27 AM

I ordered form albes and everything were pretty awesome, always updated tracking, the even sent me an sms when it came to madrid.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/9/2014 8:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2014 8:18 AM

albes is awesome. i always order from them or empire before i order from dans.

also did you use the vital code to save i think 16%? code is vitalboard

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

2/9/2014 10:33 AM

Mail orders are NOT a shipping service.
I guarantee that happened while the wheel was in the possession of the shipping service.

|

2/9/2014 11:37 AM

you should wait till you put your tire on and then see if it rubs to say if its true or not

i had gotten a wheel off there and it was shipped the same way you said axle protruding through the box slightly. wasnt that big of a deal. i looked at it and was stoked it looked awesome it looked almost perfectly true.

i go and hook it up to my bike put my tire on and everything and i had to spend about 30 minutes truing it myself because it was unridable with how untrue it was. it rubbed on both sides of my forks. i was kinda upset but hey it was a free wheel build so it still saved me a lot of time and possible errors in building up the wheel and then getting all the spokes tightened up

|

2/9/2014 11:57 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

Mail orders are NOT a shipping service.
I guarantee that happened while the wheel was in the possession of the shipping ...more

I mentioned that in my post. Still slightly disappointing but it didn't affect anything.

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/9/2014 12:23 PM

I decided to use Albes once beacause at the time Dans Comp did not have Paypal. It was the first and last order Ill do with Albes. It was simple, I ordered some brake pads, the caliper style that bolt on and they sent me the V-brake style ones. The description on the invoice was correct and everyhtind too, It was just the wrong type. So Im guessing whoever works in the parts and shipping department screws up quite often. But Ill never order from Albes again. I have been ordering all my stuff from DANS COMPETITION for 16 years. Dans Comp is the best and always will be. 16 YEARS! and not one problem EVER! Plus they alwasy have killer promotions and you cant beat there REWARDS program. Also, for all you members tou there Dan's will be having DOUBLE POINTS Feb 11th and 12th. So you spend like $500, thats $100 in REWARDS credit. Anyways, DANS COMPETITION, no contest.

|

2/9/2014 12:32 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:

I decided to use Albes once beacause at the time Dans Comp did not have Paypal. It was the first and last order Ill do with ...more

Dude I've run vbrake pads a couple times with no problem. And Empire is way better than Dan's

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/9/2014 12:43 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:

I decided to use Albes once beacause at the time Dans Comp did not have Paypal. It was the first and last order Ill do with ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Dude I've run vbrake pads a couple times with no problem. And Empire is way better than Dan's

"Dude" Im talking about the way they go on, not the pad itself. Between a threaded bolt style or the cantilever post style.

|

2/9/2014 12:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2014 1:24 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:

"Dude" Im talking about the way they go on, not the pad itself. Between a threaded bolt style or the cantilever post style.

You said you bought pads, not the actual brake.

Got it here before you change it: "michael.eckhart wrote: I decided to use Albes once beacause at the time Dans Comp did not have Paypal. It was the first and last order Ill do with Albes. It was simple, I ordered some brake pads, the caliper style that bolt on and they sent me the V-brake style ones. The description on the invoice was correct and everyhtind too, It was just the wrong type. So Im guessing whoever works in the parts and shipping department screws up quite often. But Ill never order from Albes again. I have been ordering all my stuff from DANS COMPETITION for 16 years. Dans Comp is the best and always will be. 16 YEARS! and not one problem EVER! Plus they alwasy have killer promotions and you cant beat there REWARDS program. Also, for all you members tou there Dan's will be having DOUBLE POINTS Feb 11th and 12th. So you spend like $500, thats $100 in REWARDS credit. Anyways, DANS COMPETITION, no contest."

|

2/9/2014 7:34 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Empire is better... But for the brake pads that cool you didnt have a problem but he didnt pay for v brake pads... He payed for something he didn't get... I wont use them simply becuase i ordered a chain a seat post and a dvd and they called a week later to tell me they had none of it... I would totally use empire more if it wasnt so far! Dans shipping only takes a day to get to me and empire is like a week =/ but tom is awesome!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

2/9/2014 7:39 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Empire is better... But for the brake pads that cool you didnt have a problem but he didnt pay for v brake pads... He payed ...more

I can understand being upset it's not what you ordered. But that's like saying :I ordered Fly pads but got Odyssey, so I won't run them"

|

2/10/2014 12:31 AM

Plain and simple, I odered Eagle claws with THREADED POSTS instead they sent me ones with SMOOTH POSTS. GOT IT!!! so there for I was physically unable to use these pads on my brakes. And I surley was not going to send them back and wait a week an a half to get the corect order. It was just a simple order and they screwed it up . Bad first impression.
Also, how can anyone be better than DANS. I save a shit ton of money on like ever oder because of promotion and catolog coded plus REWARD POINTS.

|

2/10/2014 6:11 AM

You had trouble with albes, doesnt mean the other have to. I have always heard good stuff about albes

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/10/2014 12:10 PM

Empire isn't that great
I ordered my ribcages like a few years back and got them scratched up as if they were laced but then returned and repackaged
Dans is the definitely the way to go you get
NEW parts from dans and has more new parts that aren't out dated

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

2/10/2014 1:01 PM

I ordered a helmet from Albes and got it just fine. Ordered tons of stuff from Dans, never an issue, once they blew me away and had it at my door in under 24 hours (paid for regular shipping). I have yet to order from Empire.

Ultimately I will look locally first, to see who has what and how long it will take to get, THEN order. I prefer to support the lil guy over the big mail order places.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/10/2014 6:09 PM

Danscomp has my orders at the moment. They were really good to my godfather ordering parts as gifts to me , which I hold highly.

Albes was great too , but nothing has really set them apart as I've seen people brag about.

|

My Cult 2 Short