Alex Kennedy 2.50 tires

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2016 10:43 AM

So, I've been riding Fit t&a tires for a really long time, love them but these AK 2.50 tires I wanna try but they're so big I don't know if they'll fit my Verde Neyer frame.... Any of y'all think they would fit or stick with the Fit t&a????

|

11/21/2016 10:53 AM

Your being ridiculous

|

11/21/2016 11:23 AM

Waste of money. Who needs tires that big other than complete posers.

|

11/21/2016 11:31 AM

2.1 folding tires represent!

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

11/21/2016 1:44 PM

2.1 GLH mate.

|

11/21/2016 1:59 PM

If they do fit, if your wheel is even a little bent it'll rub. Better buy a spoke wrench with the tires.

|

11/21/2016 4:03 PM

2.4 is retarded , 2.5 is just a bunch of shit lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/22/2016 3:48 AM

I will say my local shop has them. Way lighter than i thought they would be

|

It’s all bmx

11/22/2016 4:50 AM

2.1 MTT here! Those huge tires these days are ridiculous

|

11/22/2016 5:46 AM

I was thinking about getting the same tires, they'll fit some specific frames other than a cult but from what I hear they only fit on cult forks
pick em up if you're feeling it, thicker tires are great for street. thinner tires don't offer that great of support

|

11/22/2016 10:33 AM

If you're running them flat then yeah you will get that extra contact from the tyre. Otherwise there is no reason for huge tyres.

|

11/22/2016 9:57 PM

Those tires serve no purpose other than... eh, nothing. It may make your bike look like it can hydroplane but it won't help you on those street as heck maneuvers. I run 1.95" tires and I've never been disappointed after a year. Besides, 2.3" is probably the fattest anyone should go, IMO.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/22/2016 11:12 PM

Looks like in the only big tire guy here. I love mine and they fit nicely in my frame and fork. I'd go to a shop that has them in stock and try and eyeball it to see if they'll work. I have them on bike and at 55 psi they never slip and are comfy in the wrists. If they fit go for it!

|

11/23/2016 9:48 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

Looks like in the only big tire guy here. I love mine and they fit nicely in my frame and fork. I'd go to a shop that has them in stock and try and eyeball it to see if they'll work. I have them on bike and at 55 psi they never slip and are comfy in the wrists. If they fit go for it!

have you have any tire you could compare the feel of them to? ive been looking at a pair after my rubens went bald especially after finding out they're surprisingly light

|

11/23/2016 3:30 PM

joshcooldude wrote:

have you have any tire you could compare the feel of them to? ive been looking at a pair after my rubens went bald especially after finding out they're surprisingly light

Feeling wise, compared to my chase hawk tires, dehart tires (regular ones not the slicks), and my FAF 2.25 it is easily the most grippiest i've found. If your riding really, really loose dirt then obviosuly it is not the most grippiest but it's help up great against sand gravel, slick concrete, wooden ramps. I'd be on the careful side against skidding though. you can do it but if you skid everywhere all the time you're going to get a hole in them soon. I only skid when im at the park and skrting my tire is not enough to slow me down and they've been doing well for about the half year i've had them. Good tires I reccomend them if they fit. I'm a big tire dude so for me the bigger the better

|

11/23/2016 7:23 PM

Really the only downside I can find to bigger tires is the added weight. I went from 20.2 in the front to a 20.4 and it felt 100% more stable and comfy. Bigger tires do add more rotating weight because of the increased size and air mass when they're filled but if that's not a big deal for you I'd say get them! I dont regret getting mine at all.

|

11/23/2016 8:40 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

Really the only downside I can find to bigger tires is the added weight. I went from 20.2 in the front to a 20.4 and it felt 100% more stable and comfy. Bigger tires do add more rotating weight because of the increased size and air mass when they're filled but if that's not a big deal for you I'd say get them! I dont regret getting mine at all.

They're only 25 oz so they're not heavy compared to other similar size tires

|

11/23/2016 10:31 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

Coopers25 wrote:

They're only 25 oz so they're not heavy compared to other similar size tires

Yeah, that is still quite light for a tire that size... what I was referring to was that the greater size means that it holds a greater air volume which translates to greater weight especially because it's on the extremity of the wheel. The further your mass (air in this case) is from the center of the wheel, the more outward force it generates when turning so you would feel the weight more than a tire that is say, only 2.1 but also weighs 25oz because of the air mass difference.

|

11/24/2016 4:27 PM

Seem retarded but dan foley is shredding em okay.

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_