Alienation

Related:
Create New Tag

12/21/2008 8:08 AM

I've heard some bad vibes about Alienation recently, but I've had their Black Sheep rim and PBR rim (front rim), and both have held up fine. Also, they had the best Interbike presentation of any that I saw, and their website has all necessary wheel building information, which would save me the trouble of emailing/calling the company, and is actually a huge plus for me. I'm not looking for a freecoaster or a race cassette hub (I need a 14mil cassette hub 48h), so I probably won't be buying anything from Alienation for my wheels, but I'm just wondering where in the name of Hubert Blaine Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff, Sr. did this bad reputation come to Alienation...I mean, you can say the PBR rims suck, but they're single wall and cheap.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

12/21/2008 11:06 AM

i had the runaway back rim and the deviant front rim...and i put quite a few dents in the back... but i beat the shit out that poor thing... haha there was this construction in our town a few weeks back and there was this huge gap from one slab of concrete to another .... probably about 10 foot... maybe more? idk... but i came hauling ass at it... and i hit a bump right before i bunnyhopped and it through me funny and i cased so hard it dented the FUCK out of my rim and pushed the bead of the tire off the rim... it looked like i really messed it up when really i just had to deflate the tire and rebead the tire hahhahahah but they arent too bad... haha not shitty... but not the best rim i have riddin... also i FUCKIN hate the spell check on here... like half my words are underlined in red... haha

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?

12/21/2008 2:12 PM

48 holes suck they only put 48 hole on peice of shit single walls

|

12/21/2008 2:18 PM

fuck 48's. tibug is a scrawny bitch. lol

|

Tibug is a scrawny, whiny bitch. 48's suck. I'm weight conscious- get over it.

12/21/2008 2:19 PM

alienation is not a rider owned company- so why support?

|

12/21/2008 2:21 PM

You guys don't know what you're talking about...

Maybe you'd listen to George at Gsport?

A. 36 spoke wheels are a LOT weaker than 48s. While some 36s are quite a bit lighter this is usually more to do with the rim or hub than the number of spokes itself. Just comparing the actual spokes, a 36 is about 1.5ounces lighter, but over 30% weaker than the same set-up as a 48. If you want to save weight look elsewhere first.

|

12/21/2008 2:22 PM

StuckInWinston wrote:

fuck 48's. tibug is a scrawny bitch. lol

Ya...I can only do 126 pushups...scrawny as fuck.

|

12/21/2008 2:23 PM

tibug wrote:

You guys don't know what you're talking about...

Maybe you'd listen to George at Gsport?

A. 36 spoke wheels are a LOT weaker than 48s. While some 36s are quite a bit lighter this is usually more to do with the rim or hub than the number of spokes itself. Just comparing the actual spokes, a 36 is about 1.5ounces lighter, but over 30% weaker than the same set-up as a 48. If you want to save weight look elsewhere first.

YOU ONLY GET 48 HOLES FOR PEICE OF SHIT SINGLE WALL RIMP
|

12/21/2008 2:27 PM

bikes r cool wrote: YOU ONLY GET 48 HOLES FOR PEICE OF SHIT SINGLE WALL RIMP

Why? 48 hole is stronger no matter what rim you have.

|

12/21/2008 2:33 PM

48's are stronger. ok- feel better? but they are over kill. un necessary weight- everybody rode them in the 90's including me, but when wheels were being made with better quality and more advanced techniques- 36's were found to be of appropriate strength for "freestyle" purposes

|

12/21/2008 2:38 PM

StuckInWinston wrote:

48's are stronger. ok- feel better? but they are over kill. un necessary weight- everybody rode them in the 90's including me, but when wheels were being made with better quality and more advanced techniques- 36's were found to be of appropriate strength for "freestyle" purposes

5 ounces....and according to George at Gsport, it's actually about 3 ounces of gained weight...less than 1/5th of a pound....

They're overkill for some people...for others, they're just stronger and not much heavier.

|

12/21/2008 2:51 PM

G.I. Joe says, "knowing is half the battle".
Tibug- at least you've recognised that you have a problem

|

12/21/2008 2:52 PM

tibug- maybe if you Man-up one day, people will stop pushing your shit in.

|

12/21/2008 2:53 PM

StuckInWinston wrote:

G.I. Joe says, "knowing is half the battle".
Tibug- at least you've recognised that you have a problem

So gayness is a problem? You hate gay people? Did you know that the Nazis hated gay people? Do you like the Nazis? I don't like the Nazis.

|

12/21/2008 2:53 PM

i would put 48 in the back and 36 front...and idk alianation seems pretty nice

|

FI

12/21/2008 2:55 PM

48s are good to have in the back

there nothing wrong with them there alot stornger

|

12/21/2008 2:59 PM

ALIENATION IS NOT A RIDER OWNED COMPANY!

|

12/21/2008 3:01 PM

StuckInWinston wrote:

ALIENATION IS NOT A RIDER OWNED COMPANY!

OMG...OKOKOKOKOKOK...YOU ALREADY SAID THAT!!!

|

12/21/2008 5:49 PM

who gives a shit guys, its his wheel and his bike hell do it the way he wants.

|

12/21/2008 5:53 PM

gewgew wrote:

who gives a shit guys, its his wheel and his bike hell do it the way he wants.

Thank you. And I went with 48 for two reasons...it's stronger...and it's cheaper, at least on Odyssey's webstore they had 7KAs and Ribcages for 50$ each and a Homer front hub for 25$...just because they were 48s and no one wanted them...I don't know if they're still available...but I'm so glad.

|