Alienation 7up Review / Hazard Lite Comparison

Related:
Create New Tag

11/4/2013 9:26 AM

Bought a set of these a year ago, simply because they were $30 on dans and I wanted mint rims due to not being able to find another set of Teal FAFs.
I swapped out my Odyssey Hazard Lites for these, and immediately felt the difference in stiffness (used same hubs and spokes). These are preferably the stiffest rims I've ever rode. I have only trued them once and that was a week after being laced (spokes stretched out, as to be expected with any fresh laced wheel), compared to my hazards which I would true every 2-3months.
So far, I've put them through a year of progression which included some hard hits and bails. Im not a great rider, but i am heavier set (230lbs) and land pretty rough riding mostly street. They stay true and haven't developed any flat spots or wobble. They are a bit thinner than hazards, so doing tire maitenance is noticeably easier, though I've had no experiences with sidewalls bubbling out or not staying put. I noticed my bike gained a significant amount of weight when I put these on but not enough to make a big difference. The powdercoat on them is pretty legit, my front rim looks new, but my rear lost its paint in less than 2months with brakes. They haven't had any dents or cracks anywhere so far.

Overall, these rims are amazing. I give them 5stars, and Hazards 4stars.

Pro's: very stiff, never come untrue, look great, easy to maintain, no flex, come in a variety of colors

Con's: a bit on the heavy side, powdercoated instead of anodized so doesn't last too long with brakes

Any questions about my experiences with either rim are welcomed. Ill post pics when I'm not too lazy to take some.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/4/2013 9:56 AM

Maybe you just got better at building wheels? I built my front Hazard.. still straight after a year +. But those 7ups sound great for 30 bucks.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/4/2013 10:04 AM

BMXism wrote:

Maybe you just got better at building wheels? I built my front Hazard.. still straight after a year +. But those 7ups sound great for 30 bucks.

Nah I built the hazards up once, then had them built professionaly twice, I went through a few diff color schemes with them and different hubs. Had them on my current hubs for a year. Front needed true 4-8months, also had the 7ups built by same person professionaly. Hazards are amazing dont get me wrong, but I def love my 7ups more.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/4/2013 10:29 AM

cant wait to get my 7 up laced

|