Alienation Products

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2020 9:53 AM

What is the general consensus on their products? I see quite a bit of reviews on their rims, but no reviews on their bars.
I'm interested in putting a set of their 9.25 bars on my Stolen Saint, but haven't been able to find any reviews on them.

|

1/26/2020 10:21 AM

Eeeh i havent heard too many good things about their bars. I would suggest getting s&m, sunday, fbm, or odyssey bars, theyre all great.

|

I like riding my bike.

1/26/2020 1:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. I've have looked at others, The only reason I was considering the Alienation bars is the because they're the only ones that have a 9.25 bar available in blue.

|

1/26/2020 2:32 PM

They’re made in the same factory as most other Taiwanese made bars. They’ll be fine & certainly an upgrade from the stock handlebars on that bike.

If you’re riding excessively hard or have an issue with breaking bars, then maybe look into something stronger. Otherwise I say go for it!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/6/2020 10:42 AM

Alienation used to be everywhere on mid-range complete bikes. The only thing I really like them for is decent quality rims at super cheap prices, but they're still best for budget builds.

|

2/6/2020 11:30 AM

I like their rims, that’s the only experience I’ve had with their products. Blacksheep in the rear and the Skylark up front.

But as said above, a lot come from the same factory. I’d say it’ll be fine.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

2/6/2020 11:50 AM

They got a tubeless system that looks interesting

|

2/6/2020 4:16 PM

Tubeless Bmx seems like a no win. You’d have to carry an entire spare tube when out street riding verses a tiny patch kit.

|

2/6/2020 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2020 8:32 PM

williambmac wrote:

What is the general consensus on their products? I see quite a bit of reviews on their rims, but no reviews on their bars.
I'm interested in putting a set of their 9.25 bars on my Stolen Saint, but haven't been able to find any reviews on them.

I had a pair of the 9.25s. Loved them until I found they were bent about 8mos later. Maybe the bike landed on them on a big bail that would bend any bars, maybe they're just weak and bent from regular use.
Pros: light, pretty, good geo, feel good on the bike
Cons: found out they were bent 8mos later while changing my stem.
Long story short, I won't buy them again. If you're not riding that heavy, they may hold or if you just need some nice bars to get you through for a bit they may be practical.

|

2/7/2020 6:59 AM

You will be fine with their bars. just buy them.

|

2/7/2020 7:00 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Tubeless Bmx seems like a no win. You’d have to carry an entire spare tube when out street riding verses a tiny patch kit.

So much less likely to get a flat though.

|

2/8/2020 5:17 AM

Thanks for all the input guys. I really wanted to do a little retro look to my bike, so I thought blue bars and 24"blue tuff wheels. Unfortunately you cant get 24" tuff wheels with a 9 tooth cassette, so I nixed the whole idea.
I was down at sc action sports last week and picked up a pair of snafu Jackson bars along with a new seat post and front sprocket. all in the jet fuel flavor.

|