Alienation freecoaster hub upgrade

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2013 7:08 AM

I got an old alienation rush coaster from a friend that had a stripped axle. I took it apart and everything else is fine. Problem is everywhere I look they only carry the upgraded axles and I'm not sure if this will fit my hub. I'm assuming I have the original rush hub since its fairly old and has a 6905 and 6202 bearings. Dans has this upgrade kit: http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/439083/KHE_Freecoaster_Adjustable_Axle_Upgrade_Kit.html. It says it will work in my hub but it comes with a set of bearings that dont even fit my hub. So my question is if i buy just the v2 axle alone, will my original driver work with it? I dont see why not but i dont wanna buy the axle and then have to find the right driver. Help me out

|

5/3/2013 7:10 AM

email aleination

|

5/3/2013 8:56 AM

It's supposed to be an upgrade for the v1 and it comes on v2. So yes it will work

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/3/2013 8:58 AM

It will work. The bearings are in the driver... can i see a pic of your old axle?

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/3/2013 10:57 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

It will work. The bearings are in the driver... can i see a pic of your old axle?

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

I cant get the nut off from the non drive side thats why the small bearing and spacers are still on. I can always get new bearings since they're cheap. If theres nothing special about the driver that comes with the v2 upgrade kit then I'll just get the v2 axle and hub bearings. Dont wanna spend too much since I only wanna get a feel for riding a coaster.
|