Alienation's New Tubeless Rim System

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2013 11:38 AM

What are your guys' thoughts on the new tubeless system that Alienation is developing? It will obviously save a shit ton of weight. Who is planning on jumping on these when they come out?
Photo

|

8/19/2013 11:44 AM

Blood n guts racing............yes.
Every day riding.........pia no way.
Mtber's have been doing this for a few years now.
Does not seem worth the trouble.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

8/19/2013 11:54 AM

great idea, no more pinch flats and easier all around as well as lighter

|

8/19/2013 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2013 12:44 PM

No. They use the felon rim which is 13 ounces. I wouldn't trust that in my wildest dreams. Oh an alienation tires suck. I tried them and killed one in a week

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/19/2013 1:08 PM

I think the idea has POTENTIAL. As of right now with the types of tires they are using, they suck. They need to redesign a few tires. And if i am correct, there are other biking things that use this same system. I think once the idea is refined, itll be something everyone has. But right now a tube will be better.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/19/2013 1:46 PM

Guys, if you don't like this idea, you're obviously a hater, you're also a piece of shit, you are not BMX, and I could beat you up. Buy my fucking garbage or you're a piece of shit.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/19/2013 1:46 PM

or you can do home tubeless and save cash and use any tire...

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/19/2013 5:03 PM

OK i'm confused. How would this be a tubeless rim?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/19/2013 5:10 PM

It has potential,no tube means more rubber can be used on tyres for longevity or you could be a weight whore.I mountain bike and well lets just say your going to be there a while fixing a leak and pumping it up again.
I like the inner tubes as they are more economical if you get a lot of punctures.

|

Instagram: MrDannyLeo

8/19/2013 5:13 PM

Video demonstration of how this works..

|

8/19/2013 11:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2013 11:20 PM

What bothers me about these are what happens when you ride over a nail or something. If you make a hole through the tire it isnt going to hold pressure

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

8/19/2013 11:32 PM

JoeDavidson wrote:

there not lite as you have to put in slime or no flat witch is heaver then a tube

|

ride or die

8/19/2013 11:36 PM

Switching tubes Does not bother me....... I run 100 to 110 psi anyways I never get flats if its not broken don't fix it

|

8/20/2013 12:39 AM

I don't know much about rims or tyres but this just seems like more stuff that could go wrong, as well as the small amount of weight it saves it doesn't seem to be worth it. Lift some weights if you ask me.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

8/20/2013 7:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2013 7:51 AM

blackrose wrote:

there not lite as you have to put in slime or no flat witch is heaver then a tube

Wrong. A regular heavy duty tube is 16oz each. You only need 2oz of the fluid per tire - that's a total of 4oz.

|

8/20/2013 8:18 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

blackrose wrote:

i used to ride road bikes as well as bmx and had these, they are lighter as you use a tiny bit of fluid. you get far less punctures with them as you cant get pinch punctures which majority of punctures i get are through casing. and a tube is far heavier than the tiny amount of fluid

|

8/20/2013 8:22 AM

I think I'll just stick with regular rims.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/20/2013 8:37 AM

it's only their tires/ felon rim. I don't like either.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/20/2013 9:44 AM

if they could get other companys to be involved with them this would be great

|

8/20/2013 9:44 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

blackrose wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Wrong. A regular heavy duty tube is 16oz each. You only need 2oz of the fluid per tire - that's a total of 4oz.

yes, but tubeless would be comparable to a dans ultralite tube which is less than 4oz im pretty sure so.... tubeless makes no sense unless you only ride park and dirt

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/20/2013 10:14 AM

i think its a great idea for racing, street not so much

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

8/20/2013 1:26 PM

blackrose wrote:

Fondue wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

yes, but tubeless would be comparable to a dans ultralite tube which is less than 4oz im pretty sure so.... tubeless makes no sense unless you only ride park and dirt

Except for the fact that a Dan's ultralite tube, once punctured, needs replacing. The fluid instantly seals the puncture on these.

You guys should really spend a little time learning from the vids posted. You're making yourselves look like closed-minded idiots.

|

8/20/2013 2:25 PM

Idea has potential, just needs more companies to start working int heir own system.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

8/20/2013 5:43 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I think the idea has POTENTIAL. As of right now with the types of tires they are using, they suck. They need to redesign a few tires. And if i am correct, there are other biking things that use this same system. I think once the idea is refined, itll be something everyone has. But right now a tube will be better.

After learning more, i have to agree with this.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/20/2013 6:26 PM

When you case hard it will "burp" the tire.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/20/2013 6:40 PM

4D drilling?
6069>7000 series?

Fuck you alienation.

|

8/20/2013 6:42 PM

tomdon wrote:

What's wrong with the felon rim?

|

8/20/2013 6:44 PM

tomdon wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

Seriously?

|

8/20/2013 6:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2013 7:05 PM

mrjimyjohn wrote:

4D drilling?
6069>7000 series?

Fuck you alienation.

You know.... just cause 7000 is higher than 6069 doesn't mean it's stronger you have to look at the metals each aluminum is made up from.

Alienation has a 7up rim which is made from 7003E T6 (7000 series) and it is 15% stronger than the 6061 T6 series. If you go over to their Felon rim you'll notice it's made up from 6069 T6 series which is 30% STRONGER than 6061 T6. Now mathematical skills will tell you that the alienation felon rim which is composed of 6069 T6 series is 15% stronger than 7003E T6 AND 30% stronger than 6061 T6 series. Therefore making your 6069 >7000 series statement incorrect because I just gave you the facts.

4D drilling seems like a great idea!!!
Straight from Alienation's website "We call it 4D. The four directions chamfer-drilled allows the spoke nipple to follow the line of the spoke with no bending load. Too by chamfering the spoke bed we’re spreading the point load thus the material is less stressed." For someone to have a great wheel it must be assembled properly. That means if you fuck up on the spokes you can potentially hinder the life of your rim or your hub or the whole wheel. The 4D drilling allows for the load (pressure) put on the wheel to be spread out more, WHICH allows for the rim to be less stressed. If your 6069 series is less stressed that means you can get a longer life span out of that rim and it reduces the fatiguing of the metal or in our case (rim).

Little side note to everyone:

I don't think it's very appreciative that people come on here putting alienation down for coming up with innovative creations that excel the sport of Bmx. On other threads I've seen some of you same guys who post here root for the companies that support Bmx and HOORAH all the dudes that want to see the betterment of Bmx. Yet here you are talking shit on Alienation who, In my opinion, is doing something great with the sport of Bmx. You don't practice what you preach. The only thing I ride alienation are my rims that came with my Stock bike 2 years ago.... Their beat to shit but they still run great. I'm not bashing on anyone's opinions I'm just simply stating we shouldn't dismiss ideas so easily.

I didn't intend to call mrjimyjohnout I'd just appreciate if people got their facts straight before talking shit on companies that actually seem care about the sport. Hey I know alienation doesn't make some G-Sport quality Rims or Hubs but they do their best. Can't hate on trying.

|

8/20/2013 6:55 PM

tomdon wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

mrjimyjohn wrote:

Seriously?

Yes SERIOUSLY..... please explain to me what's wrong with it. Give me factual evidence on how it doesn't live up to expectations of people.

|