All these hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2013 12:25 PM

Will someone please explain to me the difference between Profile Totems and Elites and that Subrosa one and the Shadow hubs? All just look the same except re-shelled in the subrosa case.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

8/16/2013 12:39 PM

The Elites have more points of engagement and a 6 pawl Driver, and better bearings. And I think that is pretty much all the Subrosa hubs are, re-shelled Shadows

|

8/16/2013 12:43 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

The Elites have more points of engagement and a 6 pawl Driver, and better bearings. And I think that is pretty much all the Subrosa hubs are, re-shelled Shadows

Ah, the price makes a bit more sense now.

|

I got refs

8/16/2013 1:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2013 1:02 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

100% on the Profiles. The Subrosa Hubs are slightly different though, The Axle on the Rear Hub looks slightly better than the Shemale Axle option you get with the Shadow Raptor Hub & its LHD/RHD swtichable & the Raptor isn't.

|

8/16/2013 1:09 PM

Topsey wrote:

100% on the Profiles. The Subrosa Hubs are slightly different though, The Axle on the Rear Hub looks slightly better than the Shemale Axle option you get with the Shadow Raptor Hub & its LHD/RHD swtichable & the Raptor isn't.

I can't stand Subrosa or Shadow and I've seen one kid break so many Raptor axles so I suppose a new axle's probably a good idea

|

I got refs

8/16/2013 1:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2013 1:12 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Topsey wrote:

The raptor axle is legit female. I had it. It's a 14mm center axle with 3/8 by 24tpi bolts and press fit hardware.

EDIT: Just checked. It's the subrosa with the shemale shit going on

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/16/2013 1:37 PM

Profile totems are the exact same as the Mini hubs with a different shell. The totems do look like the elites but they are entirely different.

This here is what an inside of an Elite Driver looks like, 6 pawls/6 springs. below it is the Mini/Totems driver 4 pawls, 4 springs. You'll also notice the difference in ratchet rings. Elite is instant engagement with no slack while the Mini/Totems will have some play like a regular cassette. If you are unsure of what this is, move your cranks arm back and forth. You'll notice a slight gap with movement in the cranks between each time it clicks. Elites dont do this.

Also, if you look at both drivers youll see a hump between the spring and driver(on the driver). Profile change this design, now the spring stick out/are raised like most other cassettes. I was told this was done to put less tension on the springs and give them longer life.

Photo

Photo

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/16/2013 1:44 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Profile totems are the exact same as the Mini hubs with a different shell. The totems do look like the elites but they are entirely different.

This here is what an inside of an Elite Driver looks like, 6 pawls/6 springs. below it is the Mini/Totems driver 4 pawls, 4 springs. You'll also notice the difference in ratchet rings. Elite is instant engagement with no slack while the Mini/Totems will have some play like a regular cassette. If you are unsure of what this is, move your cranks arm back and forth. You'll notice a slight gap with movement in the cranks between each time it clicks. Elites dont do this.

Also, if you look at both drivers youll see a hump between the spring and driver(on the driver). Profile change this design, now the spring stick out/are raised like most other cassettes. I was told this was done to put less tension on the springs and give them longer life.

Photo

Photo

Cheers man, I'm riding a Mini now and was intreguied, I'll still maintain that a Primo Mix is the best hub ever.

|

I got refs

8/16/2013 11:12 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Photo

Photo

zenith111 wrote:

Cheers man, I'm riding a Mini now and was intreguied, I'll still maintain that a Primo Mix is the best hub ever.

the primo mix surely is one of the best out there, and I managed to get one in a complete wheel for 45 bucks

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

8/16/2013 11:13 PM

Just get some Chris king hubs

|

8/16/2013 11:19 PM

eskimojay wrote:

arent those racing hubs though haha

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

8/17/2013 5:40 AM

eskimojay wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

So are the Profile Elites, which the OP was asking about.

|

8/17/2013 7:59 AM

eskimojay wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

Fondue wrote:

So are the Profile Elites, which the OP was asking about.

Elites can be freestyle hubs too, just not great for pegs. They come with a 9T, which is not a race thing.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine