Alright, I've made my mind up. (CAUTION... weight weenie post ahead)

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2014 8:26 AM

ALRIGHT, so before any possibility of getting butthurt over the weight of this build, I really do not mind a light as hell bike, I really don't, over my life I have definitely shifted around in bike weights, starting from a near 38 pound full stock '09 Haro F3, to a sub 24 pound Fit, to lighter and anywhere in between. I am also going to use a better set of forks, my Cult Sect v2 Forks. I am going to buy a different set of tires, which (dramatic pause) **oh shock** are the Tioga Powerblock S-Spec Tires in 2.10 F&R. I will be running a gyro as well, because I do not know why but gyro's feel way better for braking. As well as buying a bunch of tubes. And some other stuff. I am also going to use my Colony Squareback TL Stem and my Fit Highs Bars, instead of the ones in the kit which are 8.85 tall.

I am not buying the brakes right away, but that is what I am currently going to buy in the picture.

The bike is going to weigh in between 19 to 20 pounds, the weight of it, with the forks in the kit plus the powerblocks would be 19.24 pounds. But again, the weight is not something I care much about, I will get used to it eventually.

So let's get to it!

I figured that, instead of just buying a new frame, and a bunch of separate parts, I am going to go with this
Photo

Again, I have made my mind up and am getting this.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

5/5/2014 8:30 AM

I wouldn't recommend it, I rode a justice for a while and the low stand over gets real old real fast. Looks bad and has next to no stability to it plus I found spins harder as there is nothing to press your shins against and if this is still for street power blocks are a terrible idea

|

5/5/2014 8:33 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

I wouldn't recommend it, I rode a justice for a while and the low stand over gets real old real fast. Looks bad and has next ...more

I thought it over, and I kind of figured, I am probably not going to be riding street, but anyway, the kit does come with good street tires, the United Direct 2.3's

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

5/5/2014 9:22 AM

What are you riding then. Cuz that is only good for like flatland and super techy megaramp

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/5/2014 9:26 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

What are you riding then. Cuz that is only good for like flatland and super techy megaramp

This. If you ever plan on getting more than 4 foot of the ground don't buy one, it feels super sketchy even slightly above coping

|

5/5/2014 9:31 AM

If you want the frame buy it.

BMX is not a fashion show or what others want. If you like the ideal go for it.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/5/2014 9:38 AM

Effting wrote:

If you want the frame buy it.

BMX is not a fashion show or what others want. If you like the ideal go for it.

We're giving him some advice so he doesn't waste a load of money on a frame that's only suitable for a very small number of ultra tech riders. I've owned one and even airing a ramp was scary, all of my friends hated it as well.

|

5/5/2014 9:51 AM

Well, I read on a flatland forum that the Mankind Justice frame would not take the beating of street riding. That's why they recommend it for flatland riding only.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

5/5/2014 10:11 AM

The frame should be strong, ive heard nothing but good about them and dont recall seeing any broken ones. I do agree that the standover is too low for majority of people. Lowest I find reasonable is an 8". Unless youre riding flatland, you shouldnt have any issues getting your feet/legs over an 8" for say tailwhips, can cans, hop over jam variations, etc. Only reason the extremely low stand over is good for flatland tricks is because you may have to consistently hop over the frame in one line/trick.

As for the tires, my friend hates his Streetblocks and gets flats pretty often, werent too great when I rode his bike. Wouldn't imagine the Powerblocks would be better at all. Too thin and if theyre anything like the Streets they wont be very grippy and wont have much protection against flats. The tires in the kit should be fine. If you really want ultra light tires, grab some 2.25 FAF-Ks, Animal Folding tires, Odyssey K-lytes, Maxxis tires.

The kit seems really nice, but if youre not even going to use half the parts in it, you should just buy a bunch of aftermarket parts. Im pretty sure that since you dont need forks, bars, or a stem you can buy everything else you need for the same price as the kit and have better parts.

In the end, get what YOU want, but take what we have to say into consideration so you dont buy something youll end up hating and having to replace anyway.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/5/2014 10:36 AM

Why don't you just buy whatever is broken instead of a whole kit?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/5/2014 11:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2014 11:19 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

The frame should be strong, ive heard nothing but good about them and dont recall seeing any broken ones. I do agree that the ...more

Great point, but what I said I will be switching out from the kit, is only the forks, stem and bars, I am using everything else, also, if I do not like the Powerblocks, I am pretty sure I will like the tires that comes with the kit, which are the aftermarket ones, the 110psi United Direct 2.3's

As for the people who have said do not get the frame, in terms of stability and other things, with my general riding, I have rode a justice frame, on a friends bike at the park, it was a 20.5 and I loved the feeling of it and I ACTUALLY liked how twitchy it was, now, I am getting the 20.75 which not much difference but that still means it will be very twitchy, I do not care much for barspins either so not being able to pinch is fine with me.

Now some of you may think "well, if you dont do bars, why get a gyro?" that is a good question, I do not truly understand as well, but I just like how solid a gyro can feel, I honestly can say gyros are way better for taps and what not, because for me at least, I feel way, way, WAY more flex in a single cable over a gyro.

Back to people who say not to get the frame because it will feel sketchy for dropping in and what not, I have dropped in on my friends 20.5 Justice many times, none of them felt sketchy.

All in all, I see no long term issues with getting the frame. When I get it, how about this, after a while, I will make a thread about my thoughts, and I will give my input, as a reference to this post.

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

5/5/2014 11:21 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

I can definitely say, that I ride park a lot more, only because that is what is the most available.

|

My Youtube / RainBMX