Alternative To Wearing Gloves

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2014 6:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2014 6:26 PM

I've seen a couple threads floating around from time to time about people who have problems with sweaty hands, and I also have that problem and I found an awesome fix to being able to not wear gloves but still get amazing grip.

So I have worn gloves ever since I started riding street about 2 years ago because my hands just get to sweaty and I can't seem to get a comfortable enough grip to do tricks. I really am not a very big fan of wearing gloves, but it was my only option sometimes I would do 360's and my hand would just slip off and I almost hit my face on the bars a couple times, so I figured I was doomed to wearing gloves. Then recently I was at an open gym where they had rock climbing and I noticed the chalk they were using for grip, and I don't know why I never thought of it before but I asked a guy if I could have some, and it was amazing, just a little bit up chalk powder on the grips every once and a while and I haven't worn gloves since, and it might sound stupid but I feel like my riding has improved.

I went to REI and purchased one of these guys (only $4.50)
http://www.rei.com/product/474075/bison-designs-mini-chalk-ball

It comes in a zip lock bag and I just carry it in my back pocket or bag when I go out riding. It fits in my back pocket just like a wallet and it's not a bother to carry at all. if my grips start to feel a little sweaty I just take it out hit it on the grips a couple times and it's like grabbing a brand new grip.

|

4/28/2014 7:37 PM

Weightlifting chalk

|

4/28/2014 10:08 PM

Devon Smillie does this

|

4/28/2014 10:26 PM

I have done this before, it works quite well.

|

4/28/2014 10:50 PM

seems like a good idea, usually when my grips/hands get really sweaty I just find loose gravel and brush my hands over that to dirty my hands up some, then the sweat problem is gone. Not very sanitary but it works in a pinch haha.

|

4/29/2014 6:31 AM

I hadnt ever think on that but its actually a pretty good idea, i will try it. I am that kind of guy.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/29/2014 8:58 AM

I like dirt.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/29/2014 9:29 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

I like dirt.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/29/2014 10:32 AM

T-rider wrote:

I hadnt ever think on that but its actually a pretty good idea, i will try it. I am that kind of guy.

I think everyone who wears gloves but doesn't like to should try it!

|

4/29/2014 11:43 AM

yep dirt is free and works just as well IMO

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb