Aluminum pegs

Related:
Create New Tag

9/22/2019 7:07 AM

Anyone know who sells aluminum pegs, or who makes the best? I don't grind too often so I don't need streetdawg mega thick crmo pegs. I only know of the treebikeco trick sticks which are really nice but are there any other alum pegs out there?

|

I like riding my bike.

9/22/2019 7:58 AM

|

9/22/2019 9:26 AM

If you want to do “Grinds” then don’t do it. Get yourself a nice set of Plastics with Aluminum cores if weight is a concern.

Aluminum pegs are good for lip tricks on quarter pipes and that’s about it. The soft alloy grips most surfaces and makes it a total pain in the ass to grind ledges, rails, etc.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/22/2019 9:31 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If you want to do “Grinds” then don’t do it. Get yourself a nice set of Plastics with Aluminum cores if weight is a concern.

Aluminum pegs are good for lip tricks on quarter pipes and that’s about it. The soft alloy grips most surfaces and makes it a total pain in the ass to grind ledges, rails, etc.

Aren't skate trucks made of aluminum?

|

I like riding my bike.

9/22/2019 9:35 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

What he said, if you’ve ever tried to grind an aluminium rail with steel pegs, you’ll know that aluminium doesn’t slide well at all! Get plastic pegs with aluminium cores, they’ll be light but still slide when you come to use them.

|

9/22/2019 9:36 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

bmxmanboy wrote:

Aren't skate trucks made of aluminum?

Apples and oranges my friend.

I recommend using the search bar on the site and looking up past threads where people mention their experiences with Aluminum pegs. There is reasons why hardly anybody rides (or even makes) them other than for Flatland/Park-specific purposes.

Again, a nice set of Plastics with Aluminum cores will be just as light-weight and will slide like butter.

Or I’ve even got an old set of MacNeil Fashionably Light Chromoly Pegs on my site that may interest you?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

9/22/2019 9:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/22/2019 9:40 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

meatXloaf wrote:

What he said, if you’ve ever tried to grind an aluminium rail with steel pegs, you’ll know that aluminium doesn’t slide well at all! Get plastic pegs with aluminium cores, they’ll be light but still slide when you come to use them.

That is because aluminum rails are made of a lower grade material, as opposed to 7075 aluminum which is much harder and will slide better on most things.

|

I like riding my bike.

9/22/2019 11:13 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

meatXloaf wrote:

bmxmanboy wrote:

That is because aluminum rails are made of a lower grade material, as opposed to 7075 aluminum which is much harder and will slide better on most things.

Have you actually rode Aluminum pegs? Because I, and many others, have. And they do not slide on any common surfaces worth a damn.

If you’re just grinding skate lite / waxed coping, then I’m sure they will work fine. But don’t say we didn’t warn ya if you go OTB trying to grind a ledge lol

|

9/22/2019 11:18 AM

Plegs...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/22/2019 11:56 AM

watched a friend hop on a handrail with aluminum pegs onto an aluminum rail. lol. didn't slide AT ALL. strait to his face onto the concrete.

I think they would slide a little better at a waxed skatepark but for my money, I'd get plastic pegs with metal inside.

|

9/22/2019 4:38 PM

Plastic sleeved metal core ... do it. Check out stolen thermalites.

|

9/22/2019 4:41 PM

To add to the above, aluminum pegs are a good choice for quarter stalls on coping BECAUSE they don’t tend to slide well. That’s why many park riders prefer the lighter aluminum material and because they don’t abuse them like street riding would.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

9/25/2019 12:14 PM

I'm running Rant Hammer Lite pegs. I put on the plastic sleeves for street and pool coping but most of the time I'm on steel coping without the sleeve. They actually grind faster than the plastic. Also, they don't cost much either. The Tree pegs are great, if you can find them but it doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on pegs you will be bashing up.

|

None of it matters when you are actually riding the bike.

9/25/2019 5:05 PM

been rockin the Tree pegs for several years for park and some street and they grind really well. not to mention they are really lite and last.

Tree trick sticks

|

9/25/2019 5:37 PM

I love my Sunday Seeleys.

|

9/26/2019 7:46 AM

JamieBrown wrote:

been rockin the Tree pegs for several years for park and some street and they grind really well. not to mention they are really lite and last.

Tree trick sticks

Tree makes some of the coolest, most innovative products in BMX. Just about every product they make has a lot of thought put into it.

I've never understood why they haven't been popular as of late.

|

9/26/2019 9:00 AM

Da Biker Boy wrote:

Tree makes some of the coolest, most innovative products in BMX. Just about every product they make has a lot of thought put into it.

I've never understood why they haven't been popular as of late.

I thought they went out of business, no?

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/27/2019 2:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2019 2:32 AM

Commented on accident but since I’m here...just ride steel pegs or I guess just use the steel cores of some plastics as some have said since you don’t need megadog thicksticks but I wouldn’t do that but that’s mostly because I’m heavy and sometimes try to grind rough stuff...I tried plastics and they squirm when you grind and it just doesn’t feel as good and the contact/friction isn’t as satisfying...like banging with/without a condom so get them sturdy pillars and raw dog the consenting shapes (if they’re out there hangin in the streets they’re most likely into it but just give em a little test nibble first and say howdy or hello so as not to frighten or traumatize the receiver and ruin your chances at a lusty&busty grind and release and you don’t catch a case)

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

9/27/2019 4:41 AM

ambisketcherous wrote:

Commented on accident but since I’m here...just ride steel pegs or I guess just use the steel cores of some plastics as some have said since you don’t need megadog thicksticks but I wouldn’t do that but that’s mostly because I’m heavy and sometimes try to grind rough stuff...I tried plastics and they squirm when you grind and it just doesn’t feel as good and the contact/friction isn’t as satisfying...like banging with/without a condom so get them sturdy pillars and raw dog the consenting shapes (if they’re out there hangin in the streets they’re most likely into it but just give em a little test nibble first and say howdy or hello so as not to frighten or traumatize the receiver and ruin your chances at a lusty&busty grind and release and you don’t catch a case)

I like the long parenthesis!

|

9/27/2019 5:09 AM

ambisketcherous wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I like the long parenthesis!

What I got from Ambisextrious’s post was that I now feel like I need to be wrapping my steel pegs with latex before hitting the streets.

|

9/27/2019 6:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2019 6:19 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

What I got from Ambisextrious’s post was that I now feel like I need to be wrapping my steel pegs with latex before hitting the streets.

Can confirm. Steel peg herpes is a real and very debilitating problem...

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

9/27/2019 7:01 AM

aluminum pegs are death

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit