Am I a coward or what?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/19/2013 4:17 PM

So a while back I was convinced on learning 180's. I can do the quick cheap 180's and every now and then a half decent one. Some times I forget to tuck my back tire when I lift up, but my biggest problem is "looking into/ over my shoulder". When ever I try it I either forget to hop because i'm so set on twisting my upper body , or i get in the air and half ass it. I'll jerk my upper body and bars to the right pretty quick and then straighten out in the air.... and dont usually get a good height or rotation. Do you guys think it'd help to try off a stair or curb? Also, today is the first time i've riden in 3 months if that means anything.

|

12/19/2013 4:20 PM

try off a curb
or on flyout to get rotation down
just practice, that will help the most

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/19/2013 4:37 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

try off a curb
or on flyout to get rotation down
just practice, that will help the most

Aights, haha gonna get out again tomorrow. Would you say its better to hop and twist or sort of manual (at an angle) into a hop?

|

12/19/2013 4:43 PM

manual a bit, but only like 20 degrees, otherwise you wont get far off the ground
remember to turn your head, and persevere, practice makes perfect
180s are one of the hardest tricks because it is one of the first actual hard tricks you learn

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/19/2013 4:53 PM

Learn them out of a small kicker.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

Maybe carve into it...............".....

|

Bang Bang bmx

Also :

Wear a helmet if it takes the fear away

|

12/19/2013 4:54 PM

Lol I never learned 180's

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/19/2013 4:57 PM

SickDude wrote:

Chris admits to never learning 180s.

|

12/19/2013 4:59 PM

SickDude wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Chris admits to never learning 180s.

Yup lol. I'm not trying to impress anyone here anymore. I would spin and take my foot off :/. That's the same thing I do for scoot truckdrivers.

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/19/2013 5:32 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Also :

Wear a helmet if it takes the fear away

Left my helmet at home because I always felt odd wearing it... might be just what I need. haha

|

12/20/2013 7:39 AM

Yeah, just go out and ride... it really does come to it, learn to look back... if you fall, you fall... if you want to get over the fear of falling, go for it... if you land one great you fall... great now you know what to expect for the most part, just don't make it a habit of bailing... you'll get them.

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

12/20/2013 12:41 PM

Gotta do what I did pedal to your closet stair set and before you even stop as you pedal up to the spot just 180 it. Hesitation will keep you from doing it.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

12/20/2013 1:48 PM

try em off a curb, just keep at it... practice makes it perfect.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/20/2013 2:25 PM

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/20/2013 9:02 PM

Nice. The beginning was kind of random hahaha

|

12/21/2013 9:01 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZPL4mEdu0

wawa011 wrote:

haha yea, when i look back on this i can tell how off i was, im happy im clean and sober now, can't wait to make more how to videos and maybe redo the ones i made, best believe there will still be humor in them =D

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/21/2013 9:28 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZPL4mEdu0

wawa011 wrote:

haha yea, when i look back on this i can tell how off i was, im happy im clean and sober now, can't wait to make more how to videos and maybe redo the ones i made, best believe there will still be humor in them =D

redo them smile

|

12/21/2013 9:53 AM

try hopping first (no carve ) then turning your head you will probibly end up at like 90 degrees but maybe that will build up confidence

|

12/21/2013 10:01 AM

i personally don't look over my shoulder . i look straight ahead.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/21/2013 10:44 AM

chad88 wrote:

try hopping first (no carve ) then turning your head you will probibly end up at like 90 degrees but maybe that will build up confidence

I'll try that.. it'll get me used to looking into a rotation.

|

12/21/2013 10:45 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

i personally don't look over my shoulder . i look straight ahead.

So you dont guide your shoulders with your head?

|