Am i crazy?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2016 8:54 PM

so i'm on danscomp picking parts to make my own complete and in total it's over $1000...am i crazy....

|

4/4/2016 9:02 PM

Nope, unless you're picking half of your parts from scratch and dent, from the lower end of parts, or from the sale category, that's completely normal of a custom complete.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/4/2016 9:02 PM

A brand new custom should be over 1000 dollars.
Stop making so many fuckin threads

|

4/4/2016 9:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2016 9:05 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

A brand new custom should be over 1000 dollars.
Stop making so many fuckin threads

i just have so many questions

|

4/4/2016 9:05 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Nope, unless you're picking half of your parts from scratch and dent, from the lower end of parts, or from the sale category, ...more

ok well then how do i explain this to my mom ._.

|

4/4/2016 9:09 PM

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

You don't. You simply go onto Craigslist or whatever selling apps you can find, and look for custom completes or individual bike parts. You're in California, so don't tell me you don't have access to any of that, especially when you're on an online forum.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

4/4/2016 9:10 PM

1000 bucks that's like a wheel set

|

4/4/2016 9:18 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Nope, unless you're picking half of your parts from scratch and dent, from the lower end of parts, or from the sale category, ...more

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

You don't. You simply go onto Craigslist or whatever selling apps you can find, and look for custom completes or individual ...more

what if i get ripped off, or what if it breaks on me

|

4/4/2016 9:25 PM

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

what if i get ripped off, or what if it breaks on me

Well, you gotta know about bikes and look for the right stuff.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

4/4/2016 9:29 PM

got my bike jacked and the best plan seems to be putting in 300 a month till its all built up again id reccommend that to you too if you REALLY want a custom and cant find a complete for 500

|

4/5/2016 5:08 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

you say: "Hey mom, i am going to go get a job so I can start saving up for this cool bike I am thinking of building..."

that's what I did back when i bought my first good bike in 1980. Worked for a year to buy my own Mongoose Supergoose...was in 5th grade. Mowed lawns, shoveled snow,cleaned out basements of older people, delivered things for the local pharmacy....there were ways to get that money!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/5/2016 7:35 AM

When it is all said and done, and you eliminate parts that you don't like but looked good online that 1000 dollars starts looking real cheap. Maybe you aren't as picky on your bike parts as I am though......

|

4/5/2016 7:48 AM

That's actually pretty cheap for a custom, if it's only $1,000. Mine is going to be around $1.600

|

4/5/2016 7:50 AM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

That's actually pretty cheap for a custom, if it's only $1,000. Mine is going to be around $1.600

Mine is actually around the same price

|

4/5/2016 7:52 AM

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

Part list?

|

4/5/2016 7:56 AM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

Part list?

I'm not home right now to look at my cart, but Im getting a fit savage frame 20.75 in raw and odyssey r-series forks 25mm and say the rest later

|

4/5/2016 10:26 AM

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

4/5/2016 11:38 AM

I spent around 600-700 when I worked in a shop and bought things at COST. Retail would have clocked around 1500 or so.

It's a drop in the bucket compared to dialed MTB's or Road bikes. I've seen road bikes EASILY clear 10-15 GRAND.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/5/2016 11:52 AM

seems about right, also if youre old enough I would recommend working and paying for the bike on your own instead of relying on your parents to buy it for you or at least buying a decent complete first then building on to it.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

4/5/2016 11:55 AM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

seems about right, also if youre old enough I would recommend working and paying for the bike on your own instead of relying ...more

This. And whatever you do, TAKE CARE OF IT, it helps with a lot more than just having a dialed bike. Parents will see it is well kept, friends will see, and they will think you are more reliable. Next thing you know, Mom and Dad are going away for the weekend and you get the house to yourself! WOOO

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/5/2016 1:50 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

This. And whatever you do, TAKE CARE OF IT, it helps with a lot more than just having a dialed bike. Parents will see it is ...more

Totally this!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

4/5/2016 2:44 PM

Photo

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

4/5/2016 3:10 PM

makes perfect sense to me lol

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!