An Honest How To Get "Sponsored" Video

Related:
Create New Tag

12/12/2017 5:03 PM

|

12/12/2017 6:35 PM

I thought the whole sponsorship fetish kids used to have was over.

|

12/12/2017 6:49 PM

How to get sponsored
1.Git gud
2.Git noticed
3.?
4.You're sponsored

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

12/12/2017 6:57 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Not completely. Had a kid message me on instagram just today who's name line on there was "HELP ME GET SPONSORED"

|

12/12/2017 7:26 PM

Fancy seeing you here.

|

12/12/2017 8:00 PM

Will the air quotes ever end?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/12/2017 8:04 PM

jbales wrote:

Fancy seeing you here.

I KNOW THAT GUY!!!!

|

12/12/2017 8:14 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

God I hope so

|

12/12/2017 8:56 PM

Ridingismylifex1 wrote:

Not completely. Had a kid message me on instagram just today who's name line on there was "HELP ME GET SPONSORED"

Gross gross gross.

|

12/12/2017 9:12 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Ummmmm check out @sponsormonsterdm

Even though this is more from the skate culture but yeah thats basically what it is.

|

12/12/2017 9:57 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I know of a couple people who go to the skate park around here who think they should be rounding up sponsors just cause they learned 360s (270 to tire tap the rest of the 3) out of flyouts

I mean I get it, they're stoked but come on.

Also, Ben Lorson. PS Ben, still haven't watched your edit

|

12/13/2017 4:36 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I thought the exact same thing at the 3rd "implementation"

|

12/13/2017 5:04 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I know of a couple people who go to the skate park around here who think they should be rounding up sponsors just cause they learned 360s (270 to tire tap the rest of the 3) out of flyouts

Ben’s dead baby, Ben’s dead.

|

12/13/2017 5:04 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I thought the exact same thing at the 3rd "implementation"

I’m sorry! I’ve failed you all! Hahaha
This whole video feels more like something people would listen to rather than watch. Who wants to see my stupid face talk for 20 minutes?! Haha

|

12/13/2017 5:15 AM

Ridingismylifex1 wrote:

I’m sorry! I’ve failed you all! Hahaha
This whole video feels more like something people would listen to rather than watch. Who wants to see my stupid face talk for 20 minutes?! Haha

Are you kidding? Who could resist watching? Fricken hot stuff. I mean look at that hair!

|

12/13/2017 5:56 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Awesome.

THat kid was literally EVERYTHING this video is against. HA!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/13/2017 6:05 AM

Damn it guys....he's local to me. haha

|

12/13/2017 7:41 AM

Ok... I counted 36 "quotes". LOL.

But, whatever. I really don't care what anyone really does if it's what they want to do & it doesn't hurt anyone. More power to them.

|

12/13/2017 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2017 7:53 AM

How to get sponsored for BMX;
Step 1. Buy yourself a bike
Step 2. Congratulations you've officially received your first bike from your sponsor!

How else to get sponsored for BMX;
Step 1. Place order with Time2Shine
Step 2. When they don't send you anything, write a bad review on Vital/Google/Instagram
Step 3. Wait for them to beg you to take down your reviews
Step 4. Request sponsorship & free stuff
Step 5. Write more reviews any time you need anything w00tgringrin
|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/13/2017 8:20 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

But, whatever. I really don't care what anyone really does if it's what they want to do & it doesn't hurt anyone. More power to them.

About 37 too many! haha

Yea I generally dont care much about what others are doing. But when it comes to educating younger riders and maybe having a positive impact on them I'm all about it.

|

12/13/2017 8:58 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Ridingismylifex1 wrote:

About 37 too many! haha

Yea I generally dont care much about what others are doing. But when it comes to educating younger riders and maybe having a positive impact on them I'm all about it.

No doubt. We've all been there. I mean, shit, I remember asking any "company person" I who would give me a second if they'd sponsor me to race back in the day. I think that is just a natural progression. You see your fav pro's riding & you know they are "being paid to ride" & think "that'd be awesome!" & "I want to do that!". Just like when kids find out people get paid to test & play video games. It's just a lack of education. Not their fault. They are making judgements on what they perceive to be the truth as they know it.

|

12/13/2017 9:03 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

No doubt. We've all been there. I mean, shit, I remember asking any "company person" I who would give me a second if they'd sponsor me to race back in the day. I think that is just a natural progression. You see your fav pro's riding & you know they are "being paid to ride" & think "that'd be awesome!" & "I want to do that!". Just like when kids find out people get paid to test & play video games. It's just a lack of education. Not their fault. They are making judgements on what they perceive to be the truth as they know it.

Which reminds me..

I remember back in my young "sponsermee" dayz, I only ever wanted a sponsor because my bike was ass. It wasn't until more recently that I learned some riders actually get paid! Mind blowing.

Deep down we all wish we made money to do what we do anyways. Nothing wrong with dreaming.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

12/13/2017 9:07 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Which reminds me..

I remember back in my young "sponsermee" dayz, I only ever wanted a sponsor because my bike was ass. It wasn't until more recently that I learned some riders actually get paid! Mind blowing.

Deep down we all wish we made money to do what we do anyways. Nothing wrong with dreaming.

In all honesty, I have found that whenever you take something & attach a paycheck to it becomes a much less enjoyable endeavor, sooner or later. It just becomes a job. Not that it isn't possible to do stuff you love for money. It's just that a paycheck usually adds in other obligations that you didn't bargain for. Having to be at events you would rather not take up your time with. competing when you don't feel well or just are in a funk, whatever. It's all stuff a lot of kids don't think about. All they see is the glamour of it all. Sorta like how people think they would love to be famous.... until they get t here & then hate that they have no privacy & are always followed around by paparazzi.

|

12/13/2017 9:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2017 9:12 AM

Yea you guys are both right.
I definitely should've talked about how it's okay to dream and having a broken bike sucks.
Lots of missed points, thats for sure.

This video was mainly made for the people who only care about being sponsored and attempts to educate those who ride for the wrong reasons or just dont know the realities of actually being a sponsored bmx rider. Hoping that maybe a few of them would listen and realize that there's more to riding.

|

12/13/2017 9:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2017 9:17 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Which reminds me..

Mishinn_Control wrote:

In all honesty, I have found that whenever you take something & attach a paycheck to it becomes a much less enjoyable endeavor, sooner or later. It just becomes a job. Not that it isn't possible to do stuff you love for money. It's just that a paycheck usually adds in other obligations that you didn't bargain for. Having to be at events you would rather not take up your time with. competing when you don't feel well or just are in a funk, whatever. It's all stuff a lot of kids don't think about. All they see is the glamour of it all. Sorta like how people think they would love to be famous.... until they get t here & then hate that they have no privacy & are always followed around by paparazzi.

That's all true too. That's why you can always quit.

As a street rider of almost 8 years I feel I could handle riding as a job, I'm already conditioned to the lifestyle and know the game fairly well. But it being a job means putting in a lot more effort which means a lot more trial and error. The body can only take that for so long. Nobody can be pro forever.

I'd personally be super hyped just to stay amateur but live in an area with a huge scene and some professionals. Maybe make some cash on the side filming/working for a BMX Company/Distro/Shop. Host jams and events for the local scene. There's a lot more options in BMX than just being a rider.

|

12/13/2017 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2017 8:35 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That's all true too. That's why you can always quit.

As a street rider of almost 8 years I feel I could handle riding as a job, I'm already conditioned to the lifestyle and know the game fairly well. But it being a job means putting in a lot more effort which means a lot more trial and error. The body can only take that for so long. Nobody can be pro forever.

I'd personally be super hyped just to stay amateur but live in an area with a huge scene and some professionals. Maybe make some cash on the side filming/working for a BMX Company/Distro/Shop. Host jams and events for the local scene. There's a lot more options in BMX than just being a rider.

My views on this are just a little different. Being a sponsored rider to me means that a company is getting behind you and what you do already.
Maybe they want you to do a few things you aren’t already doing, but generally I feel like those who are in a position to represent a company are already doing the things a company might want them to.

Idk if this comes from the fact that my entire life has revolved around BMX since I started riding or just my experiences in riding for the companies I do. Haha Either way, no ones payin my ass to ride. Haha

I’d also like to add that you can host jams and event with no affiliations to companies at all! Those kinds are usually the most fun.
Hand made prizes are the best.

|

12/13/2017 9:06 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote: How to get sponsored for BMX;
Step 1. Buy yourself a bike
Step 2. Congratulations you've officially received your first bike from your sponsor!

How else to get sponsored for BMX;
Step 1. Place order with Time2Shine
Step 2. When they don't send you anything, write a bad review on Vital/Google/Instagram
Step 3. Wait for them to beg you to take down your reviews
Step 4. Request sponsorship & free stuff
Step 5. Write more reviews any time you need anything w00tgringrin

Yes I love the last part!grin grin laughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/13/2017 10:01 PM

jbales wrote:

Fancy seeing you here.

He speaks very well.

|