An Update On My Foot

Related:
Create New Tag

9/21/2013 7:40 PM

For those of you who care, I get my cast off on Tuesday! I made a thread about 4 weeks ago about how I fractured my foot and I wouldn't be able to ride for a while! On Tuesday, I'm going to the hospital and getting my cast off and hopefully I'll be able to ride! It really sucks not being able to ride and not being able to progress! Do you guys have any tips for me about getting this cast off and what I should and/or shouldn't do? I've heard from a lot of people that my foot is going to hurt pretty bad and I shouldn't do much of anything for about a week. Is that true?

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/21/2013 8:42 PM

Do as many foot plant/footjam tricks with that foot as possible. Jk. Just pedal around town lightly for a couple days. Preferably on a road bike or something with a lower gear ratio. Then spend a couple more on your bmx and just cruise around. Raise your seat up, do whatever to get comfortable while riding around. Then start doing flat tricks when it feels okay to do so. No big drops or crazy flyouts.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/21/2013 9:24 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Do as many foot plant/footjam tricks with that foot as possible. Jk. Just pedal around town lightly for a couple days. Preferably on a road bike or something with a lower gear ratio. Then spend a couple more on your bmx and just cruise around. Raise your seat up, do whatever to get comfortable while riding around. Then start doing flat tricks when it feels okay to do so. No big drops or crazy flyouts.

This. haha i think you should do what i do when i mess up my feet, wear like 3 socks on that foot so its all padded so it doesnt get ruined again haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/22/2013 1:42 PM

I would say see how if feels. Your foot muscles have atrophied (weakened) so you will need to re-strengthen them to get them going back to normal.

I would take it easy, a little carving, some light pedaling and see how you feel. LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura