An emotional weekend

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2018 11:26 PM

Saturday was Boyley jam, it was awesome! Really good day. We got there just as things were starting, and left as it ended. So I didn't get to fan boy Steve crandall much. Loads of good riding and people sending it. Bomber (works for 4down) introduced me to crandall which was rad!
Sunday I helped host a jam at our trails in memory of an old friend. I was overwhelmed by how many people showed up. There were some guys from Hastings I was hoping would show up, but they were a bit worse for wear after the Boyley after party. Seventies and 4down gave us some stuff to give away which was awesome! Fids, robbo and Jimmy rushmoore showed up which was a treat! We raised some money for Ben's wife and kids (he tragically took his own life last year after battling with some demons).

Saturday also would've been my dad's birthday. And yesterday was a year since my father in law passed away too. I feel like I done something positive and had fun in their memory. But it's still a weird feeling.

I'm just going through my footage of our jam now, hopefully there's enough to put a, quick edit together. And I'll get some pics uploaded!
Photo

|

8/21/2018 2:46 AM

Looks ace mate, glad it was a success. I want to see you on some trails.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

8/21/2018 2:55 AM

Joey's Jam 2k18
Hopefully I'll be through em by the end of the weekend :/
|

8/21/2018 8:09 AM

Nice mate-I seen a few clips on insta and it looked a blast,shame us ‘ard northers could come down for the weekend

|

8/21/2018 10:20 PM

philbaines wrote:

Nice mate-I seen a few clips on insta and it looked a blast,shame us ‘ard northers could come down for the weekend

It was such a good weekend! We're hoping to have our jam the day after boyley every year. But I'm quickly losing patience with one of the guys that digs (he literally lives in a tent in the woods, thinks the trails are his, and generally takes the piss far too much)

|

8/22/2018 2:13 AM

Just watched Props Passport 2002 with the Boyley tribute. Dope rider and from what I hear, great guy. Sad to see him go. It was a back to back hit for BMX. Tiseo than Boyley.

|