Animal BPE pedals

Related:
Create New Tag

11/15/2016 10:53 PM

Whos got/had them? How they hold up? Wondering more about the strength of the axle since I bent both the axles in my Merritt pedals in like 3 months.

Cheers peeps

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/16/2016 2:57 AM

I haven't had them but I've seen them and they look pretty awesome. Loads of mtb companies have gone the same route using a bush instead of bearings and they seem popular too. Bloody expensive though!

|

11/16/2016 3:08 AM

Ye ive always liked the look of them, and i guess if more people are going with bushings and an over sized axle it cant be too bad. And ye, but i fpund some trans blue ones (perfect colour for me too) for under half price, too good a deal to miss!

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/16/2016 3:36 AM

If the price isn't a concern, just go for the Eclat AK pedals, these are like the best pedals ever. No bearings, an axle they are so confident with so it's life warranty, the pedal is super wide and comfy, and last but not least... steel pins !

|

11/16/2016 3:50 AM

How can they be if animal makes the BPEs? Best pedal ever bruv! For serious tho, fuck spending that much on a pedal, and i dont like metal pins either, i like a minimum for how stuck my feet are to the pedals. Nothing scarier than going to bail and your foot gets stuck on a pin! They do looks good tho, and theyd go great with the AK sprocket (when i vet round to buying one aha) but ye metal pins are price make it a no no. Only considering animal BPEs coz i found them for £25, which is a fuck steal!

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/16/2016 3:41 PM

i have them and am a huge fan. i've been stockpiling pedal bodies lol. i haven't been able to find them for a while and animal deleted my insta comment asking about them so i am assuming they aren't coming back. great pedal nonetheless. slide great, last a long time. only complaint is that pedal comes loose if you don't apply some thread lock. even so, easiest pedal body to replace.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check