Animal Bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

3/17/2015 9:14 PM

Ok what is going on with them? Is dans just not carrying them anymore or are they revamping the product line? Maybe the refusal to make trendy parts is putting a hurt on them? Does anyone have an answer? I have always loved animal and would be deeply saddened if they went out

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

3/17/2015 9:17 PM

It's because they haven't jump on the "trend bandwagon". They keep parts real no goofy color parts.

|

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV)
Sold to: storeboughtchild,Maximusbikes,cro tec,Showtime402,Kevinbrock338,dktechethan,Robinson79
Traded: livefreeordie2332(x2), Aebasher.
TXT Me (480)340-7551

3/17/2015 9:20 PM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

It's because they haven't jump on the "trend bandwagon". They keep parts real no goofy color parts.

Very sad when keeping it real hurts more than helps

|

3/17/2015 9:21 PM

I'm waiting for my favorite mail order to have Butcher 4.5's in stock. They've been out of stock for a long ass time.

Maybe their supply can't keep up with the demand.

|

3/17/2015 9:23 PM

I asked this on here like 2 years ago and the answer I got was basically that they could just be having issues with their overseas manufacturers or something.

I doubt they're going out seeing as how they just recently got on board with another US distributor (QBP) but that isn't necessarily concrete proof either, just means they're going to be more available to bike shops and stuff which is always a plus though.

I hope they don't go under, they're one of my favorites. So hopefully they're just revamping their product line. Didn't they have some new products shown at Interbike months ago when that was going on?

|

3/17/2015 9:26 PM

They are supposed to have the coaster, new cross lace rims, a benny l wheelset, and some other stuff come out soon. My guess is they are having it all made/shipped now and it is taking longer than it's supposed to.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/17/2015 9:29 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I asked this on here like 2 years ago and the answer I got was basically that they could just be having issues with their ...more

All that stuff was supposed to be available in december. My wife wanted to buy me the javelin coaster for xmas but couldnt since it never dropped. And none of that stuff they had at interbike has surfaced yet Hopefully blaaaaaaaaa is right and the taiwanese factory just got a little laggy or something simple

|

3/17/2015 9:36 PM

During Christmas time my brother was going to order me an animal mutitool but it was out of stock so he called dans comp and one of the employs mentioned how they weren't going to receive shipment from them until maybe February 2015. So I'm just assuming they have been having problems with shipping. I doubt animal will be going anytime soon since so many people rock there stuff. I'd say its one of the more popular bmx companies out there.

|

3/17/2015 9:40 PM

I just realized the lack of animal on my bike. Sad. Feel like buying 4 pegs now lol

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/17/2015 10:00 PM

If anyone keeps up on the news a giant strike just ended at some major shipping ports. There was a shit ton of various containers hung up for quit some time.

|

3/17/2015 10:15 PM

bobPA wrote:

If anyone keeps up on the news a giant strike just ended at some major shipping ports. There was a shit ton of various ...more

This, the shop i used to work for as been struggling to get bikes in because of this!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/18/2015 4:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2015 4:58 AM

Called up my local bike shop 2 weeks ago cos I wanted Animal tyres and apparently they are on pause cos of financial reasons or something. They haven't been having any new stuff manufactured and are only selling stuff already on the shelves. Animal's Aussie distro has also gone broke so now we can't get any Animal stuff here which sucks as well.

|

3/18/2015 5:15 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

They are supposed to have the coaster, new cross lace rims, a benny l wheelset, and some other stuff come out soon. My guess ...more

Where did you see the info about the new rims? Id like to check them out.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

3/18/2015 5:37 AM

I'm waiting on the silva nuts as wellsad

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

3/18/2015 6:24 AM

peggiesmalls wrote:

I'm waiting on the silva nuts as wellsad

That's what I want real bad. It'd make being pegless more fun, plus they look cool.

I'm sure it's shipping errors and that strike that happened is what's causing all this.

Which sucks because i want some tires and those Silva nuts.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/18/2015 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2015 11:56 AM

wrong thread

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

3/18/2015 10:01 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

They are supposed to have the coaster, new cross lace rims, a benny l wheelset, and some other stuff come out soon. My guess ...more

The Horror Contact wrote:

It was an interview that i saw in like december

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/18/2015 12:02 PM

They're near to being out of business I believe.

|

3/18/2015 3:06 PM

Interbike 2013

http://bmxunion.com/blog/interbike-2013-animal-bikes-skavenger/

I thought for sure I saw a more recent one but I guess not, then again I didn't really do a lot of digging haha.

|

3/18/2015 3:13 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Interbike 2013

http://bmxunion.com/blog/interbike-2013-animal-bikes-skavenger/

I thought for sure I saw a more recent one ...more

There was one 2014 also but it had pretty much the same stuff

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/18/2015 3:20 PM

I like Animal, hope they don't go out of buisness. :/

|

3/19/2015 9:34 AM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

meh i thought they always had tons of colors for stuff. plain colors. but tons of them

i dont really pay attention much though. and i dont know what you mean by trend bandwagon lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/19/2015 5:20 PM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

meh i thought they always had tons of colors for stuff. plain colors. but tons of them

i dont really pay attention much ...more

They never made 10" rasta oilslick bars

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/19/2015 7:14 PM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

i dont really pay attention much ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

They never made 10" rasta oilslick bars

Or 2.4 gum colored tires.

|

3/20/2015 6:24 AM

same I love animal but starting to see less and less of their parts hope they don't go out, I have animal stem bar ends and tires, animal glh tires are the best I think that's what they are called ahah

|

3/20/2015 7:26 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they folded.

This is all kinda going down like it did in the 80s/ 90s. First companies to fold were the ones that didn't seem to care (2-hip). Next the companies that weren't very smart folded (Eastern), then some of the legit companies got into supply/distribution issues and they folded (Animal, if they don't make it, and by all appearances, Hoffman).

|

3/20/2015 7:37 AM

Still don't have any dead on verified answers but I'm hoping its just slow due to the shipping strike and they'll soon throw out parts like crazy into the market

|

3/20/2015 10:03 AM

Jareds new bars were 9.1, so they were getting there.

|

3/20/2015 11:01 AM

ScramHype wrote:

Jareds new bars were 9.1, so they were getting there.

The presidentals? Those were 8.5".

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling