Animal Wedge Post

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2009 8:56 AM

Does anyone run this post that has pictures of their bike with it? Or anyone else's bike for that matter.

I was thinking of buying it for Christmas and would like to see what it looks like on a bike.

Thanks

|

"Oh You Mad Cuz I'm Stylin On You?"

12/3/2009 8:59 AM

its like sex i cut me seat tube off so that shit is soo clean and low haha

|

Ill Be Riding Fit Till I Die Nigga!!!!!
Email: jonbryceland@gmail.com

12/3/2009 9:00 AM

FITAMRIDER wrote:

its like sex i cut me seat tube off so that shit is soo clean and low haha

Is there pics on your profile?

|

12/3/2009 9:03 AM

um no i did this like yesterday

|

12/3/2009 9:05 AM

FITAMRIDER wrote:

um no i did this like yesterday

oh right.

|

12/3/2009 9:06 AM

i have it also. i love it, ive been running it for over a year now. here is an old picture of my bike with it...[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

12/3/2009 9:08 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

i have it also. i love it, ive been running it for over a year now. here is an old picture of my bike with it...[LINK TO IMAGE]

you have a wedge with a build in seat clamp? haha

|

12/3/2009 9:10 AM

i had the wedge with a dif frame that didnt have it and then got this frame with the built in seat clamp.

I trimmed of the seat clamp now it it looks super clean.

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

12/3/2009 9:12 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

Sweet. Looks pretty awesome!

Thanks

|

12/3/2009 9:19 AM

thanks man. i just got a new frame and i am going to do the same thing and trim the integrated seat post clap off again and keep running the animal post.

|

12/3/2009 9:32 AM

I've got one on my backup bike. Don't really like it cuz it moves a lot.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

12/3/2009 9:55 AM

no. i dont have it. but i mad one out of an old goosneck stem, and a pivitol post

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

12/3/2009 10:02 AM

mine has never moved.

|

12/3/2009 10:04 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

mine has never moved.

That;s what the reviews I read on the shops sites were saying.

|

12/3/2009 10:48 AM

I have it. Its awesome i got some pictures on my vital profile i think. I have a pic when my seat is slammed and when the post is up.

|

REFS- purplerain814, robamullen, TommyBoy, letsride123

12/3/2009 10:55 AM

bmx24 wrote:

I have it. Its awesome i got some pictures on my vital profile i think. I have a pic when my seat is slammed and when the post is up.

I checked them.

It looks super clean. Defo getting it.

|

12/3/2009 11:38 AM

yea dude get it, I've had mine for almost a year now

|

12/3/2009 12:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 11:16 PM

It's like a pivotal. No joke you can't tell the difference by looking at it on a bike.

You can cut the seat clamp area off your frame (I suggest don't, in case you sell the frame or change your mind...)

Outside of that it works really well, I have had mine for over a year now, and haven't had any real issues. Hasn't really moved much more than a normal seatpost/clamp. I have it about 2-3 inches up now too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/3/2009 12:34 PM

they look sick i actually made my own. kinda trashy looking but i liked it

|

12/3/2009 12:38 PM

yes, get the ti bolt too

|

12/3/2009 12:50 PM

fuh q wrote:

yes, get the ti bolt too

Really? You're that much of a weight weenie? It's like half an ounce...

I bet you run carbon steer tube spacers too...saving all 5 grams each...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/3/2009 12:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2009 12:56 PM

Hey, i've been riding for 5 years. I know what I'm doing.

I have the money, I would give it a shot.

|

12/3/2009 12:59 PM

fuh q wrote:

I don't really care about weight too much and can't afford it/don't want to waste money on making my bike half a gram lighter.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

|

12/3/2009 1:03 PM

but if you kinda go all out with ti cranks bolts, axle there will be a tad difference

|

12/3/2009 1:12 PM

fuh q wrote:

And I have been riding for 10+. How long you have been riding has nothing to do with it. A set of ti bolts won't shave more than maybe 1-2 ounces OVERALL, which is barely enough to notice, especially when you factor in that Ti is much more brittle than aluminum or Chromoly, meaning it will be more likely to snap. To me, not worth it at all, I will just continue to ride my bike as is, and if I feel it is too heavy (which it is not) I will lift weights, or keep riding to balance it out.

I have better things to spend my money on, but hey, that's all you if you want to replace that bolt with Ti.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/3/2009 1:12 PM

fuh q wrote:

but if you kinda go all out with ti cranks bolts, axle there will be a tad difference

Well if one day I can afford to upgrade my shit to Ti, I'll do that. But for now, I'll just stick with Crmo.

|