Animal glh's on dirt?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2013 4:03 PM

Anyone use these tires on dirt, I'm getting a pair next week. If so how do they hold up? I know they are a street/park tire which is what i need em for but I do plan in using em @ the trails too, the dirt at the trails is hard packed and not loose at all so I'm guessing they will be ok, but it'd be nice to hear if any of you guys have had any experience with them in the mud.

Any info would be appreciated, no other tire suggestions tho please I'm defo getting these tires.

Nice1

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/20/2013 4:23 PM

they will be fine

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/20/2013 7:26 PM

Why does our opinion matter if you're already definitely getting them?

|

7/21/2013 2:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2013 2:29 AM

brianoob wrote:

Cuz I'm not asking for opinions, I'm asking about people's experiance with them on dirt.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/21/2013 4:51 AM

Slick and dirt don't go together. Why even ask? It's obvious.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/21/2013 5:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2013 10:05 AM

future FBM wrote:

Slick and dirt don't go together. Why even ask? It's obvious.

Like I said, I wasn't asking if slick and dirt go together, I was asking if anyone has used them on dirt and their EXPERIENCE with them, OBVIOUSLY!!! read post before commenting and if you have never used these tires over a dirt jump please don't comment.

I understand these tires are not meant for dirt riding and for the most part they will be used for what they were designed for but I'm switching my setups a little and I'm TEMPORARILY going to be without a dirt setup. Which is why I'm asking.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/21/2013 5:22 AM

I mean I rode a 2.25 up front for a decent while, dirt sucked. I don't recommend it. It's fine get hurt, maybe die.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/21/2013 5:32 AM

brianoob wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Cuz I'm not asking for opinions, I'm asking about people's experiance with them on dirt.

Just wait till you get the tyres and try them out for yourself. Why does anyone else's experience with GLH's matter if you're already getting the tyres?

|

7/21/2013 6:55 AM

brianoob wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

brianoob wrote:

Just wait till you get the tyres and try them out for yourself. Why does anyone else's experience with GLH's matter if you're already getting the tyres?

Would have been nice to know how people got on with them that's all, I wasn't expecting a lot of comments as they are park/street tires, I just figured with all the riders on here there must be at least one person who has been over some jumps with them, a long shot I know but whatever, I guess I'll find out soon enough, that's if I don't get hurt or die maybe (wtfbtw)

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/21/2013 9:33 AM

i used chase hawk tires on dirt. they grip fine. so get the glh tires. they will grip better.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/21/2013 10:01 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

i used chase hawk tires on dirt. they grip fine. so get the glh tires. they will grip better.

Aha finally some real input and not someone answering a question with a question, nice1 bro, that's good to know.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/21/2013 1:10 PM

Bad idea

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/21/2013 1:13 PM

I wrecked really bad last summer riding GLH'S ON TRAILS

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/21/2013 3:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2013 3:26 PM

Good to know, bad to hear, the thing is if these tires are no good (which I kinda expected just hoped otherwise) then I'm going to have to not ride trails for just over a month, its not a permanent thing just while I sort out my trails bike, which is shit for me cuz trails season doesn't last that long here in the uk and I'd be pissed to miss a month of riding dirt but hey that's life.

Thank bro nice1

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/21/2013 4:02 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Not for me, I did a 180 and kind of washed out. And I still had like 90% tread or more.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/22/2013 7:51 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Not for me, I did a 180 and kind of washed out. And I still had like 90% tread or more.

well your not suppose to 180 on dirt.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/23/2013 2:04 AM

Hey if i can ride two Primo comets on dirt you can ride these fine

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/23/2013 6:42 AM

Are you guys on crack? All 4 of my friends love their glhs. They all run glh front and rear. And my one friend rides some pretty big trails and he's never had a problem. They're amazing tires. I think you'll be fine with trails. I don't ride trails but I watch my friend with them and he was fine.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

7/23/2013 7:19 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

well your not suppose to 180 on dirt.

Since when has there been rules to BMX?

|