Animal x T1 Tyres?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2018 2:58 PM

I just ordered some in 2.2 front and back. I’m not gonna lie....mainly because they look good!

But I’m now questioning my decision, should I have got GLH or something else?

Anyone riding with these able to tell me I made the right decision? Or not unsure

|

If you build it, they will come

3/31/2018 3:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2018 3:24 PM

Nah bro , legitimately the best tires I have ever ridden . I have 110% confidence in them which is something I never say about tires . They grip to anything , and yet they’ll slide when you want them too . I’ve got like 40 degrees perpendicular to the ground and they still grip and refuse to slide out even when barely any of the tire
touches the ground .

Also , they last FOREVER . Hundreds of kilometres on mine , sliders out of every 180 I do , learning tons of grinds that fuck up the sidewall , and no joke I’ve seen no wear on them ... like seriously . None . My buddy had a pair before he traded them , and he said the exact same thing . I have had mine now for I think a year exactly now , if not a bit more ( I will double check ) and ya they’re in perfect condition still . I’ll post pictures later if you want.

The one downside is that they arent as light as say an Odyssey Path Pro or a Tall Order tire but they aren’t overweight either .

Edit : 2.2 tires are like 2.35 in my opinion , they’re pretty big tires

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/31/2018 3:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2018 3:36 PM

LS1982 wrote:

I just ordered some in 2.2 front and back. I’m not gonna lie....mainly because they look good!

But I’m now questioning my decision, should I have got GLH or something else?

Anyone riding with these able to tell me I made the right decision? Or not unsure

Honestly theyre awesome tires. I have two bikes and one has 2.2/2.4 T1 tires and the other has GLH's. Both are great choices and it kinda just depends on what you want to do, but that being said again, animal x t1 tires are some of the best tires out there. Like brayden said too they last forever. Longer than GLH's imo

|

3/31/2018 4:13 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Nah bro , legitimately the best tires I have ever ridden . I have 110% confidence in them which is something I never say about tires . They grip to anything , and yet they’ll slide when you want them too . I’ve got like 40 degrees perpendicular to the ground and they still grip and refuse to slide out even when barely any of the tire
touches the ground .

Also , they last FOREVER . Hundreds of kilometres on mine , sliders out of every 180 I do , learning tons of grinds that fuck up the sidewall , and no joke I’ve seen no wear on them ... like seriously . None . My buddy had a pair before he traded them , and he said the exact same thing . I have had mine now for I think a year exactly now , if not a bit more ( I will double check ) and ya they’re in perfect condition still . I’ll post pictures later if you want.

The one downside is that they arent as light as say an Odyssey Path Pro or a Tall Order tire but they aren’t overweight either .

Edit : 2.2 tires are like 2.35 in my opinion , they’re pretty big tires

Thanks man, that makes me feel better. I thought the 2.4 may have been too big. I’ve got a set of path pros on my other bike (f2.4/R2.25) and did compare the weight but to be honest, I’m not bothered by a few extra grams.
Yea post a pic brother! My new frame arrives Wednesday but I’ll post a bike check and pics when it’s built up.

|

If you build it, they will come

3/31/2018 7:44 PM

I wish this thread was made 4 days ago before I ordered my GLHs. When I wanted the tire but I couldn't find any reviews on em. Bummer. Gotta wait like a year until I can get animal t1 tires because I heard GLHs last forever. Probably longer than my valors that lasted me 7 months before going bald.

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

3/31/2018 8:38 PM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

I wish this thread was made 4 days ago before I ordered my GLHs. When I wanted the tire but I couldn't find any reviews on em. Bummer. Gotta wait like a year until I can get animal t1 tires because I heard GLHs last forever. Probably longer than my valors that lasted me 7 months before going bald.

I’ve commented the same on multiple T1 x Animal posts here on Vital

|

My Cult 2 Short

4/1/2018 2:10 AM

Still debating if I should get the Animal T1 tire or a Subrosa Grave Digger, I really just want the Grave digger for looks.

|

4/1/2018 7:13 AM

Yo Brayden, I remember you had the BSD Donnasqueaks as well correct? I'm almost due for new tires soon and was wondering what you recommend more? I really like the color variety in the Donnasqueaks, and I think the Animal x T1 tires only come in black...

But which on do you recommend more? Thanks dude!smile

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/1/2018 5:44 PM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yo Brayden, I remember you had the BSD Donnasqueaks as well correct? I'm almost due for new tires soon and was wondering what you recommend more? I really like the color variety in the Donnasqueaks, and I think the Animal x T1 tires only come in black...

But which on do you recommend more? Thanks dude!smile

I’ve had both , honestly I like either of them . If you like one more than the other simply for looks or something dumb , go for that one because there’s nothing wrong with either . Animal T1’s don’t squeak sadly , but they’re durable as fuck . I’d say if you’re into street stuff the T1’s are probably better , I know they’re made for bowls but I think the sticker compound on the BSD would be better for slick park riding

|

My Cult 2 Short