Annoying Grip Thread

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2014 12:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2014 1:20 PM

Looking to try some new grips. Need to either have vertical AND horizontal lines or diagnal ones. Decently deep treading, around the depth of ODI Longnecks atleast. Reasonably thick, I just had the paper thin Fit Techs and although they were everything I want, they were way too thin and stretched out to the point where I could pull them off my bars. Preferably around 145-150mm. 140 if its really worth it. Let me hear some suggestions!

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


3/13/2014 12:50 PM

Odyssey adam banton grips, probably some of the best grips I've used only had to use two pairs in alittle over a year
Photo

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/13/2014 12:50 PM

I'm trying Odyssey Dugan grips for the new bike, they might be what you're looking for.

Deluxe Shovelhands are great if you like thicker grips. They're awesome if you have big hands like me. They're really soft and they feel great, and they last a decent amount of time.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/13/2014 12:55 PM

Let me add- ODI Longnecks last around 4months with me. Grips that last for "a decent amount of time" for you dont last for shit with me. Lol.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


3/13/2014 12:59 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Let me add- ODI Longnecks last around 4months with me. Grips that last for "a decent amount of time" for you dont last for shit with me. Lol.

My odi longneck xl have been in my bike for at least 3 months, wearing gloves there is literally no wear.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/13/2014 3:09 PM

cult dehart grips

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/13/2014 3:23 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

cult dehart grips

I have riden them, they lasted like 6 month or so. Good grips if you ask me.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/13/2014 3:24 PM

I like the look of the bantons but dans doesn't carry them and Empire/Albes dont have the rest of what I need. I wont let a cult part touch my bike though.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


3/13/2014 3:32 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I like the look of the bantons but dans doesn't carry them and Empire/Albes dont have the rest of what I need. I wont let a cult part touch my bike though.

lol. Cult is not that bad, they have some legit stuff.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/13/2014 3:52 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I like the look of the bantons but dans doesn't carry them and Empire/Albes dont have the rest of what I need. I wont let a cult part touch my bike though.

T-rider wrote:

lol. Cult is not that bad, they have some legit stuff.

hes a bit stuck up about his brands... lol



Truthfully you described the odis.. just get the longneck super softs...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/13/2014 3:56 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

hes a bit stuck up about his brands... lol



Truthfully you described the odis.. just get the longneck super softs...

They dont have horizontal or diagnol. I really hate just verticals.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


3/13/2014 3:56 PM

animal edwins

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

3/13/2014 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2014 4:01 PM

Animal edwin. My demolition enarsons work well.

|

3/13/2014 4:03 PM

TheRadDragon wrote:

animal edwins

Ive heard that they last a short time, is that true?

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/13/2014 4:08 PM

I think ODI's are gonna be your best bet, I dont think that their are grips that are as comfortable and last as long, but if you find some please let us know

|

3/13/2014 4:10 PM

Try the new Kink Samurais, they are made by ODI

|

3/13/2014 4:16 PM

i use motocross grips, and moon grips if i can find them

|

3/13/2014 4:29 PM

Odi lock on s&m grips I love them pretty thick and no throttle grip check those out of you don't care about spending 30 bucks on grips

|

3/13/2014 4:48 PM

Anyone know any really really soft grip?

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/13/2014 5:02 PM

merrit crosscheck's have a sort of diagonal tread and are fucking heaven

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

3/13/2014 5:53 PM

The Fit Tech grips might suit you well, both vertical & horizontal patterns & if I remember correctly, they're either just as deep as the ODI Longnecks, or just slightly less deep. Been awhile since I've seen a pair in person.

Also the Subrosa Villicus v2 grips are really comfy too & have a diagonal patter going on

|

3/13/2014 6:18 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

The Fit Tech grips might suit you well, both vertical & horizontal patterns & if I remember correctly, they're either just as deep as the ODI Longnecks, or just slightly less deep. Been awhile since I've seen a pair in person.

Also the Subrosa Villicus v2 grips are really comfy too & have a diagonal patter going on

Straight from my op "Reasonably thick, I just had the paper thin Fit Techs and although they were everything I want, they were way too thin and stretched out to the point where I could pull them off my bars."

Are the Villicus worth it? A long time ago I had Subrosa grips (dont remember which.) They were hard as rock but lasted for damn ever.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


3/13/2014 6:25 PM

If you get anything but Dugans or Chase Hawks (discontinued) you aren't living right. Dugans are THE BEST. The gum ones last AGES and are super super comfy. I wont run much else. They are amazing!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/13/2014 6:25 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Straight from my op "Reasonably thick, I just had the paper thin Fit Techs and although they were everything I want, they were way too thin and stretched out to the point where I could pull them off my bars."

Are the Villicus worth it? A long time ago I had Subrosa grips (dont remember which.) They were hard as rock but lasted for damn ever.

It's funny cause I read that & kept it in mind when looking at grips but then forgot haha.


But they're super comfy, they've had varying lengths of life among the couple people I know who've had them so idk how well they'd last for you

|

3/13/2014 6:35 PM

Took some time and looked for all grips that ypu might like.
Animal edwin
Bsd forever
Duo homan (love em)
Fbm double fister
Federal contact
Kink samurai
Kink delta
Kink alpha
Merrit cross check
Merrit sawyer
Odsy aitken
Shadow conspiracy 138
Shadow conspiracy chula
Stolen money
Subrosa villicious 2

|

3/13/2014 6:39 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Took some time and looked for all grips that ypu might like.
Animal edwin
Bsd forever
Duo homan (love em)
Fbm double fister
Federal contact
Kink samurai
Kink delta
Kink alpha
Merrit cross check
Merrit sawyer
Odsy aitken
Shadow conspiracy 138
Shadow conspiracy chula
Stolen money
Subrosa villicious 2

Thanks biggy ill look into them. I was wondering about the homans, they look superb. The edwins were going to be my next pair but they just look way too short, and I have big hands.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


3/13/2014 6:46 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Took some time and looked for all grips that ypu might like.
Animal edwin
Bsd forever
Duo homan (love em)
Fbm double fister
Federal contact
Kink samurai
Kink delta
Kink alpha
Merrit cross check
Merrit sawyer
Odsy aitken
Shadow conspiracy 138
Shadow conspiracy chula
Stolen money
Subrosa villicious 2

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Thanks biggy ill look into them. I was wondering about the homans, they look superb. The edwins were going to be my next pair but they just look way too short, and I have big hands.

Homans are good. My friend has some odsy grips that are a horizontal wavy ribbed pattern. They are nice. I don't like the stolen money grips, with sweat they are horrible. I'd rather ride the hard plastic grips on Walmart bikes. Those are my personal experiences.

|

3/13/2014 6:53 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Animal edwin. My demolition enarsons work well.

these^^^^^and arron ross's keyboard grips r the shit

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

3/13/2014 7:07 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I like the look of the bantons but dans doesn't carry them and Empire/Albes dont have the rest of what I need. I wont let a cult part touch my bike though.

If you want to try them i can see if Odyssey is selling them again at their distro warehouse sale again ( where i bought mine) and sell em to you haha

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/13/2014 7:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2014 7:09 PM

Oh no it's almost spring time.....I think the flooding of what grip should I get threads has just begun !!!!

|