Annual x games thread

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2018 12:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2018 12:42 AM

Feel like I once a year make an x games post , might as well keep it going , tonight Vince Byron won back to back golds for the first time since bestwick went on a 9 run winning tear , bestwick getting second after stomping a run and mailing it in on his second and zach Newman killing it first run and making riding look fun all night , dmc at 51 and stomping the 900 was my highlight of the night forsure , looks like street and mega ramp tommorow, dirt Saturday and park ending x games Sunday night , .......thoughts and predictions ?

|

7/20/2018 1:00 AM

I still don't understand how park and street are different, when they are both ridden in a park?? Bonkers to me.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

7/20/2018 1:34 AM

the skatepark looks mostly street.
could it be that the park-competition is going down in the bowl?

|

IG: @_almost_crook

7/20/2018 5:34 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Feel like I once a year make an x games post , might as well keep it going , tonight Vince Byron won back to back golds for ...more

Are you watching online or are you in Minnesota? I live an hour and change from the stadium but due to baby# 2 being ready to go any day now I won't be there this year.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/20/2018 6:00 AM

Park is basically a bowl contest and street is park contest setup for manny lines.

|

7/20/2018 8:42 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Feel like I once a year make an x games post , might as well keep it going , tonight Vince Byron won back to back golds for ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Are you watching online or are you in Minnesota? I live an hour and change from the stadium but due to baby# 2 being ready to ...more

Watched bmx vert last night on espn1

|

7/20/2018 9:00 AM

It's hard for me to get into the street stuff, and I prefer street riding over almost any other discipline.

I think the problem is that mega/big air/vert/dirt are all so colossally huge in scale, that the street setup ends up being way too spread out and you end up seeing pretty similar tricks that can really only be linked by manuals.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/20/2018 10:49 AM

Garrett's gonna win street, Logan in park, either Baldock, Walker, or Peraza in dirt.

I think... XD

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/20/2018 11:23 AM

Dirt qualifiers today , I’m rooting for Brian fox and Dawid godziek in that discipline

|

7/20/2018 8:00 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

It's hard for me to get into the street stuff, and I prefer street riding over almost any other discipline.

I think the ...more

Yeah, the real problem with those street courses is that the obstacles are always so small we only see the tech side of street riding.

Last year I watch the contest, everyone was going slow and tech ànd... Dak showed up and pedaled fast on shits, best run ever but the robo...Garrett, won again.

|

7/20/2018 9:34 PM

I've been enjoying watching dirt the most . Those guys are nuts . I don't even know all the guys riding it but the one dude trying double frontlflips in practice is a nutcase. SO much style too , I love Peraza , hes the best .

Simon Tabron in very had the best vert runs, he was extending everything and looked so comfortable. He should have been 3rd . Happy Bestwick got dethroned. Felix Prangenburg in street was sick for the first time in the x games , 6th place under heavy hitters is amazing .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/20/2018 10:04 PM

That mega ramp final was sick , was rooting for wade and foster and foster got back to back gold and wade got second , figured r willy would choke , you can’t just skip up to the biggest quarter in the game and expect to kick ass , I’m glad that quarter didn’t kill him , hopefully satterfield isn’t too banged up that was a rough looking slam

|

7/22/2018 1:29 AM

It's funny how rigged all these comps are

|

7/22/2018 2:15 AM

Mr. Blood wrote:

Not sure how rigged they are in bmx, but they were definitely rigged in Tony hawk's favour back in the day. There was a documentary on Netflix about the pappas brothers, and it touched on how Tony hawks wife worked for whatever TV channel it was, and tas wasn't allowed to continue trying the 900, but they let Tony try it until he pulled it. Tony hawk definitely wasn't the first to ever land a 900. And he was never the best vert skater.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were same shady backhanders going on.

I've never really cared for x games

|

7/23/2018 6:47 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Not sure how rigged they are in bmx, but they were definitely rigged in Tony hawk's favour back in the day. There was a ...more

Tony was Definitely the Best Contest Vert skater for like 15 straight years.

|

7/26/2018 12:03 AM

I would like to see a competition were riders are marked down for barspins and tailwhips.

Don't get me wrong they are great tricks and I'd love to be able to do them on demand like these pro guys but it's so boring seeing the same tricks constantly

|

7/26/2018 5:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2018 5:54 AM

Unfortunately didn't watch a single second

|

7/26/2018 7:11 AM

RumHam wrote:

I would like to see a competition were riders are marked down for barspins and tailwhips.

Don't get me wrong they are great ...more

Agreed 100% I honestly got bored with Logan Martin's run. People like Enarson and Larry Edgar really are fun to watch. Not a trick machine.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/26/2018 7:58 AM

RumHam wrote:

Don't get me wrong they are great ...more

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Agreed 100% I honestly got bored with Logan Martin's run. People like Enarson and Larry Edgar really are fun to watch. Not a ...more

Its just the fundamental difference between Contest riding and riding. Doesn't matter if its BMX, skateboarding, snowboarding... Contest riders gotta be figure skaters to win.

|

7/26/2018 11:22 AM

I was laid up from knee surgery so I saw every second on YouTube, dirt and mega were the most insane.

|

7/26/2018 2:45 PM

Mr. Blood wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Not sure how rigged they are in bmx, but they were definitely rigged in Tony hawk's favour back in the day. There was a ...more

I’ve never cared for the media aspect of action sports in general. Good riddance of bmx magazines and television, leave bmx in peace. I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried the same shady shit for the 2020 Tokyo olympics.
Doesn’t matter to me anyways, flatland lost public attention years ago.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

7/26/2018 4:38 PM

Mr. Blood wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

I’ve never cared for the media aspect of action sports in general. Good riddance of bmx magazines and television, leave bmx in ...more

Good riddance to bmx magazines ? Seriously ? You are the Donald Trump of bmx , just saying ridiculous stuff that makes no sense

|

7/27/2018 8:03 PM

why do these riders have pegs? why does scotty cramer sound like a douchey radio dj all the time?

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

7/27/2018 8:14 PM

I enjoyed it all, Tho Street looked to laid back.

|

7/28/2018 2:37 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

I’ve never cared for the media aspect of action sports in general. Good riddance of bmx magazines and television, leave bmx in ...more

eskimojay wrote:

Good riddance to bmx magazines ? Seriously ? You are the Donald Trump of bmx , just saying ridiculous stuff that makes no ...more

Think about it; a new bmx magazine comes out, millions of people everywhere decide to go buy a bike. At least 3 kids has a haro on every block. Now picture this, those kids go suck up every street spot in town, literally forming lines to ride a spot. People are going to notice this. That awesome 7 stair rail you like to ride? It’s got skate strippers welded on now. What about that little DIY quarter you made in that parking lot? Destroyed, got too much attention and the owners want the kids off their land. What about that park you like to ride at? Either the kids suck up all the room in the park, snake like hell, or got bikes banned because it’s skater focused and they’re all like “muh PVC coping!” Eventually, every spot and park like this in your town gets capped or banned, and you are left to ride in your driveway, all thanks to the publicity that bmx got. Note that its not just kids that’ll do this, when something gets popular, news outlets like to paint it as “evil” or “bad”, and that’s the LAST thing bmx needs.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

7/28/2018 2:45 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Good riddance to bmx magazines ? Seriously ? You are the Donald Trump of bmx , just saying ridiculous stuff that makes no ...more

HavokDJ wrote:

Think about it; a new bmx magazine comes out, millions of people everywhere decide to go buy a bike. At least 3 kids has a ...more

You're retarded LOL , I see it as more friends to ride with and more places to go . You can build jumps with these kids and destroy skatestoppers with these guys.

Mindset bro

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/28/2018 3:50 PM

eskimojay wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

Think about it; a new bmx magazine comes out, millions of people everywhere decide to go buy a bike. At least 3 kids has a ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

You're retarded LOL , I see it as more friends to ride with and more places to go . You can build jumps with these kids and ...more

I guess it’s been too long since I’ve had any friends to ride with. I’m literally the only active rider in my city.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican