Annyoing crank issue

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2016 5:57 PM

So basically I bought a new BMX and while putting the pedals on the left side one went on buttery smooth no problem, the otherside not so much. It barely links up and wont turn after about 2 turns of the spanner, took a look at the outer part of where the pedal goes and its mildly stripped but the rest of the thread is there and fine. Anyone any ideas? Ive tried everything I can think of but its still just getting stuck.

|

8/18/2016 6:19 PM

Something similar happened to my mountain bike. I was pedaling up to a jump, and my pedal tore out of my crank, taking out the threads with it. I just had my local bike shop put an insert in (it has threads in it) and it works great! If I were you I'd head down to my LBS and ask them about it.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

8/18/2016 6:26 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Something similar happened to my mountain bike. I was pedaling up to a jump, and my pedal tore out of my crank, taking out the threads with it. I just had my local bike shop put an insert in (it has threads in it) and it works great! If I were you I'd head down to my LBS and ask them about it.

Sounds like a plan then, need to visit there to have them line the stem up properly anyways as the supplier for my bike put it on crooked tongue

|

8/18/2016 11:35 PM

Just remember the left pedal has a left hand thread, right pedal has right hand thread. They won't be able to put an insert in it if it's steel but should be able to tap the thread back into it. You may even be able to do it yourself by tightening the pedal into the crank arm from the opposite side, but that will depend on the width of the pedal boss, they're usually wider than the threaded part of the pedal axle

|