Another Premium Question

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2014 12:48 PM

http://www.danscomp.com/products/452113/Premium_1948_Spline-Drive_Cranks.html

I am thinking about getting these in all honesty, they have wrap welded pedal and spindle bosses, so they should be fine for SOME TIME, I honestly want these because they include the sprocket for the price profiles, and most other cranks.

I am pretty sure a lot of you guys will say no, but more specifically it is either these or this set of cranks
http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/452607/Mutiny_Cinch_Spline_Drive_Combo_Cranks.html

I do not mind the whole combo thing, it just sounds a little more convenient.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

1/14/2014 12:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2014 12:53 PM

I've seen too many Premium cranks snap, include one of my friend's (Snapped on a step up at our old trails). I wouldn't trust them. I would definitely go for the Mutinys. No contest really.

Also, wrap around is not necessarily stronger, in fact non wrapped cranks tend to have much better lateral strength. If you look at Thunderbolts, they don't have wrapped bosses and they're pretty much the strongest cranks you can buy. Obviously Stampy showed they beat all other cranks, but they did even better in a lateral strength test. Of course you cant just take any crank with non wrapped bosses and say they're better, but it is a better design if done properly.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/14/2014 1:22 PM

If id have to choose between one of those id get munity´s

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/14/2014 1:31 PM

Mutiny. Even the sprocket that comes with is better.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/14/2014 1:36 PM

mutiny, no contest. also, 2.5 piece is way more convenient, imo. i went from profiles to subrosas and now i am rich and live in a mansion and eat captain crunch everyday.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

1/14/2014 9:07 PM

Mutiny , Premium's would snap , I've seen a guy snap them doing a Tbog and landing back heavy.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/15/2014 4:12 AM

look into the stolen team cranks, they are lifetime warranty and since they came out they have had few warranty clams

|

1/15/2014 10:38 AM

Get the mutiny cranks!

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars