Broadcaster vs el blanco loco

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2014 6:31 PM

Im looking for a new frame. I was set on getting a skavenger el blanco loco 20.75 but i just found a sunday broadcaster new for $240. I know both are great frames, but i'm really torn here. Something about the skavneger just makes me love it but you cant beat the price of the sunday. I ride almost all street with a little park and maybe some trails. If i get into riding vert also, will the sunday be to twitchy? Also, this may sound like a stupid question but is the broadcaster frame that comes built as a complete the same as the frame you buy by itself?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/6/2014 6:46 PM

The broadcaster isnt heat treated which means it isnt covered by 41thermal warranty. Get the Skavenger.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/6/2014 6:46 PM

The Sunday is pretty much Tech Street Specific, I'm not saying You CANT Ride anything else on it. BUT, the El Blanco Loco would be suited for pretty much everything You ride! Plus, The Sunday doesn't have the Warranty the other Sunday Frames have! Mind You I'm not exactly sure what Skavengers Warranty process is like, but I know they beefed up the Newer Frames after the Original ones dented a fair bit! The El Blanco Loco was like a Product of those previous mistakes with Tubing Thicknesses, I'm pretty sure the El Blanco Loco is damned near UN-Breakable! I'd go with the Skavenger AAAAALLLLLL Day, EVVVVVVEEEEEERYDAY!!!

|

1/6/2014 6:56 PM

Skavenger for sure. El Blanco Loco is rad as hell, and will do much better on trails than the Broadcaster. Plus, I feel like Animal/Skvr have a decent warranty, even if it's not listed.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/6/2014 6:56 PM

Man this is tough. I just found a broadcaster only $200! That's $120 cheaper than the skavenger. Also i don't see anything about skavenger having any kind of warranty. The reason i'm considering the sunday is because i wont have much income till spring and getting the skavenger would pretty much wipe me out.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/6/2014 6:59 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Man this is tough. I just found a broadcaster only $200! That's $120 cheaper than the skavenger. Also i don't see anything about skavenger having any kind of warranty. The reason i'm considering the sunday is because i wont have much income till spring and getting the skavenger would pretty much wipe me out.

A lot of good companies will still warranty/crash replacement your parts, even if they don't have a warranty listed.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/6/2014 7:02 PM

The broadcaster will be a good frame, but it isnt heat treated or warrantied which is what sunday is known for.

Go to solid's website. They had a ton of their frames on sale for $150

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/6/2014 7:17 PM

Anyone know anything about the skavengers mugen tubing? They says it's 20% stronger than 4130 chromoly.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/6/2014 7:19 PM

El blanco loco

|

1/6/2014 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2014 7:31 PM

Blanco Loco by a longshot. You have a choice to customize your frame basically , as the 21" has 2 Chainstay options. The mugen tubing does make it stronger and Skavenger is backed by some of the best NYC street riders to date. The specs look great and Skavenger isn't a kid brand.Keeping it real !

Sunday's image is completely not my thing , too many colours and facebook videos of 8 year olds pulling tailwhips , and it's not orginal. Everyone in the bike checks section has a Sunday. Broadcasters geo. is waaayyy too twitchy for most riding , and it's not heat-treated and does not come with a lifetime warranty. Plus the blue it comes in looks gross.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/6/2014 7:37 PM

Alright thanks guys, el blanco loco it is.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/6/2014 10:28 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Alright thanks guys, el blanco loco it is.

Good choice ! Won't be disappointed

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/7/2014 2:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2014 2:19 AM

Skavenger has a one year warrantee against defect and then a discount off a new frame after that. Make sure you send the card off tho.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/7/2014 8:32 AM

Just me that would go with the Broadcaster? It is a solid frame and it has the Wave Downtube, and Hollow Dropouts. Not that the Skavenger would be a bad choice.

|

1/7/2014 12:54 PM

Skavenger because Tom White

|

1/7/2014 12:58 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Skavenger has a one year warrantee against defect and then a discount off a new frame after that. Make sure you send the card off tho.

Thanks

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/7/2014 12:59 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Just me that would go with the Broadcaster? It is a solid frame and it has the Wave Downtube, and Hollow Dropouts. Not that the Skavenger would be a bad choice.

Wouldn't hollow droupouts bend easier?

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/7/2014 6:41 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Nope. Supposedly they"re stronger. But unless your doing gap to grinds , you're fine. As mentioned , Skavenger is about street as you can get. It's fine.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/7/2014 6:57 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

your directors have hollow dropouts bro

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/7/2014 7:24 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

I'm just saying, if it's hollow how is it stronger? I'm not saying it's not, i just want to know why it would make it stronger.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/7/2014 11:31 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I'm just saying, if it's hollow how is it stronger? I'm not saying it's not, i just want to know why it would make it stronger.

They are a lot thicker, I think 8mm compared to the usual 4,5 or maybe 6mm Dropouts.

|