Another helmet thread

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2013 5:45 PM

So I have the bucky helmet right now and the other day thank god I had my full face helmet on, I was mountain biking and misjudged a jump to (say the least) and went face first into the other side of the jump. I realized since I usually use my bucky helmet for mountain biking and bmx that I'll probably die lol if I go head first on my mountain bike because I love going fast downhill but don't always wanna wear my full face if its not a hard trail. So I'm thinking of getting the Fox Transiton helmet. Anyone know if its any good? I like it because it seems safer than the bucky helm ket and it looks kind of like a cross between mountain bike and bmx which is what I do. And does anyone know what the difference between the Transition hard shell and the regular one?

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/7/2013 5:55 PM

Ok here's the thing. Burn the bucky, they actually do very little in protecting heads. Now get the transition. The hard shell is like.a bucky. The normal is not and will save your life if you take a hard hit. Also, always get cpsc approved helmets. So in all, get the transition NORMAL, NO HARDSHELL. HARDSHELLS LURE RIDERS INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY.

|

10/7/2013 5:57 PM

Id wear the full face when moutainbiking or riding trails.. better to have and not need than need and go brain dead or smash your face

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/7/2013 6:02 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Ok here's the thing. Burn the bucky, they actually do very little in protecting heads. Now get the transition. The hard shell ...more

Yeah but the hard shell actually says it passes the same standards plus 2 more that's why I'm confused.

|

My Fit

10/7/2013 6:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2013 6:05 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

Id wear the full face when moutainbiking or riding trails.. better to have and not need than need and go brain dead or smash ...more

Yeah but I usually ride trails that are more mellow and have a lot of climbing so I can't even wear the full face climbing up because it gets so hot. There is only one or 2 trails around me that you would need a full face but I need something for when I'm not bombing down a single track.
Edit: I should still get a better helmet for bmx that's part of the reason I'm gonna try to get a new one.

|

My Fit

10/7/2013 6:05 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Ok here's the thing. Burn the bucky, they actually do very little in protecting heads. Now get the transition. The hard shell ...more

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Yeah but the hard shell actually says it passes the same standards plus 2 more that's why I'm confused.

Fuck wat I said, it needs the hard Styrofoam stuff in it.

|

10/7/2013 6:07 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

fitbikerider14 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Fuck wat I said, it needs the hard Styrofoam stuff in it.

So hardshell or no hardshell?

|

My Fit

10/7/2013 6:07 PM

|

My Fit

10/7/2013 6:08 PM

|

10/7/2013 6:11 PM

|

My Fit

10/7/2013 6:42 PM

|

10/7/2013 6:46 PM

Get rid of the Bucky and get a tsg.....I got a full face I use when riding downhill dirt or big vert quarters its nice to have but gives me troubles with tech park tricks so nice to switch back and forth

|

10/7/2013 6:50 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Get rid of the Bucky and get a tsg.....I got a full face I use when riding downhill dirt or big vert quarters its nice to have ...more

This is good too

|

10/7/2013 7:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2013 7:04 PM

I wouldn't share a helmet between BMX and MTN. Get one of these for MTN:
http://oneindustries.com/bike/helmets

Specifically the ones with MIPS are the safest.

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

10/7/2013 7:47 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Get rid of the Bucky and get a tsg.....I got a full face I use when riding downhill dirt or big vert quarters its nice to have ...more

Yeah I know what you mean thats why i want a regular helmet but I like the Fox helmet

|

My Fit

10/7/2013 7:48 PM

motogrizz wrote:

Specifically ...more

Whats wrong with sharing helmets?

|

My Fit

10/7/2013 10:05 PM

motogrizz wrote:

Specifically ...more

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Buy a better park helmet first of all, buckys are not protective at all. Like nothing, nada, zippo protecto. Get the fox, then use it on light trails, on tough stuff, go full face.

|

10/7/2013 10:30 PM

I'm assuming when you say Bucky, you're referring to the Pro-Tec Bucky Lasik (*spelling?*) helmet right? If so, Pro-Tec makes biking and skate specific helmets. If you're not using a biking specific helmet...you're wrong! Seriously though, the skate helmets aren't rated to protect you while in a biking related accident. I have a Pro-Tec Chase Hawk helmet that is up to standards, but it isn't full face so I don't know if you'd want to use it on the MTB.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/8/2013 7:20 AM

motogrizz wrote:

Specifically ...more

fitbikerider14 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Buy a better park helmet first of all, buckys are not protective at all. Like nothing, nada, zippo protecto. Get the fox, then ...more

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do once I get the Fox.

|

My Fit

10/8/2013 7:25 AM

Madtown608 wrote:

I'm assuming when you say Bucky, you're referring to the Pro-Tec Bucky Lasik (*spelling?*) helmet right? If so, Pro-Tec makes ...more

Yeah I know it was stupid of me to buy that helmet, I knew it wasn't as safe as certified helmets but I didn't know by how much. Right after I bought it I hear about what happened to Mad Dog and all this crap and I'm like shit lol. Idk if I want another Pro-Tec because I had one of the regular ones that was certified I think it was the B2 and it felt really heavy and fit weird.

|

My Fit

10/8/2013 8:53 AM

Laser helmets are solid!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/8/2013 9:01 AM

The fox transition is a great helmet, i need to replace my Bucky bad, its old and not meant for bikes. Probably get a Protec Classic

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em