Another shoe question!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/25/2017 11:30 PM

So, I recently got a pair of etnies marana's, size 8 UK, they're too small. I've been an 8/8.5 for years and my old etnies jameson eco 2's were an 8 and fit perfectly (pretty sure the last few pairs of etnies I've had were 8, and all fit). I've found a pair of vans I want to get for work, how do vans sizes compare to etnies? The shops only got a 9 in stock, but I like my shoes pretty snug.

|

4/25/2017 11:47 PM

In my opinion Vans usually fits a tad bigger , for example I'm about a 9.5 foot and I got 9.5 Sk8 highs and they had extra room , I got a size 9 Sk8 highs this time and they fit better for sure .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/26/2017 1:43 AM

I can't compare them to Etnies, but I do think they are a bit larger as well. When I was ordering a new pair in the same size of my old shoes, they were too big, so now I have a pair of Vans that will likely not see use until I'm older.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/26/2017 7:28 AM

I can't comment on Etnies either (though I do want a pair of those Maranas!), but here is my breakdown of shoes. Maybe there's one you can baseline off of? All sizes US men's.

Vans Slip-Ons: 10
Vans Half-Cab: 10.5
Vans Rowley XL3 (yes, I still have a pair of these!): 10.5
Van Era 59: 10.5
Adidas Busenitz: 11
Adidas Adiease: 11
Chucks: 10

|

4/26/2017 7:47 AM

GMGuinn wrote:

I can't comment on Etnies either (though I do want a pair of those Maranas!), but here is my breakdown of shoes. Maybe there's ...more

Get the marana vulc, the soles on the ones I got are terrible! But the vulc soles are the same as on the jameson's, which are pretty damn awesome.
Unfortunately, it gets pretty confusing with etnies soles. The fader have a different vulc, and it's bad. Generally the cheaper ones have bad soles, but I hear it's the same with vans too

|