Anti gram hub issue

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2013 10:07 AM

When i bought my antigram it was incredible. I couldnt believe how much better my bike felt with such a nice cassette, however, this lasted about a week. After the first few skips it started to skip about once or twice every day, but that seemed to settle aside, then the bearings seemed to dull down in a month, and that driver was making subtle noises when peddaling, and eventually i had to inspect the damn thing. Immidiately i knew something was wrong, it looked in bad condition and even had some string snared in there, but that wasnt a big issue, the big problem is a metal ring, kinda like a flat keychain ring, sitting inbetween the outside of the driver and the inside of the peice that inserts into the driver and grips the frame. It seems like it should be pushed further into the driver like some other simmilar rings in there, but it wont fit as it seems alittle larger than the others. Anybody have any idea what could be wrong? The pictures online dont show this metal ring thing loosely sitting there so this is definitly not in its correct place

|

7/7/2013 10:24 AM

Try Odyssey's warranty dept.

|

7/7/2013 10:26 AM

friends anti gram had the same problem, you just gotta get that ring back in the right spot or take it to your local shop

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS

7/7/2013 10:48 AM

Not what I want to see haha I hope mine doesn't shit on me it's skipped a few times now, but I keep my hub clean so hopefully that keeps it going

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/7/2013 11:03 AM

It still seems to ride pretty strong but yeah i figured it could be as easy as popping it back in, but i tried that and its pretty hard to coil it back up into place. Im not sure how much of a difference that will make though, still works, its just i know it has more potential

|

7/8/2013 1:11 AM

take some pictures of that shit brah

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

9/23/2013 7:32 AM

Reading this is making me second guess getting that hub. My profile mini just finally is going and I'm looking for a new hub.

|

Text For Fast Response 6092021871

9/23/2013 9:07 AM

Fuck...

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/23/2013 2:02 PM

Pawl spring/retainer ring is what it sounds like to me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/23/2013 10:23 PM

Odyssey Warranty Dept, they will HOOK YOU UP !

|

9/24/2013 10:19 AM

Had this happen with a v3 when they went to that snap ring design. Still have that hub on a spare wheel but having to always check it or stop and pull my wheel to fix it got very annoying.
For awhile I switched to an older driver with actual bearings from an oddy style (joytec) cassette and didnt have any issues. Not sure if you can do that with an Anti-gram or not though.

|