Any Recommended Grips/ bar ends

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2018 1:01 AM

I have been using FBM Double Fister Grips and love them, but no one seems to have them in stock anymore. Does anyone have any recommended grips?

|

5/18/2018 2:07 AM

I've got the fbm black heart grips and they're awesome. But they're also hard to find now. Odi longnecks are the go to grips really. The bar ends that come with them are alright. Odyssey par ends are cool if you want better plastic bar ends. A few brands still make alloy bar ends, but if you want something with extra cool points, get arboc bar ends, made by matt beringer. I've got 2 pairs of black alloy 6 shooters for sale..........

|

5/18/2018 4:45 AM

FBM black hearts are good. So are Animal Edwins and S&M hoder grips. I switch off between the Hoder and Edwins. I run the Odyssey Par ends though bc theyre cheap, look clean, and last a long ass time. Btw the Edwins feel soooo good once theyre broken in

|

5/18/2018 5:38 AM

I've been riding GT grips and they're pretty comfortable. As for bar ends I'm running a 20+ year old set of Peregrines so I can't really recommend those. Just get good metal ones with bolts that are larger than like 4mm.

|





5/18/2018 6:27 AM

LikeRats wrote:

FBM black hearts are good. So are Animal Edwins and S&M hoder grips. I switch off between the Hoder and Edwins. I run the Odyssey Par ends though bc theyre cheap, look clean, and last a long ass time. Btw the Edwins feel soooo good once theyre broken in

I personally don't like the Edwin grips as much as longnecks, I found they kind of hold sweat more. I was constantly drying my hands when I had them. They were really comfy though

|

5/18/2018 6:29 AM

I run Longnecks and Par Ends. Out of all the non-metal, we'll say, bar ends I've had, the Par Ends have been the best.

|

5/18/2018 6:30 AM

GMGuinn wrote:

I run Longnecks and Par Ends. Out of all the non-metal, we'll say, bar ends I've had, the Par Ends have been the best.

This. Longnecks and Par Ends are where it's at...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/18/2018 6:54 AM

i just started riding the aaron ross grips and they feel pretty good

|

It’s all bmx

5/18/2018 6:58 AM

odi sensus are like odi grips but with a thicker base and thinner ribs, also a little bit softer. i like them.

also any alloy screw in barend is good, maybe par ends but i havent ridden them

|

Hmmm

5/18/2018 7:12 AM

I've just stuck on S&M Hoder grips, they feel great. But I'm pretty sure any ODI grip will see you good. I also run Shadow Alloy bar ends, which I can't complain about.

have always wanted a pair of Arbocs, but just can't justify the price.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

5/18/2018 8:08 AM

Animal, fo sho. (Edwin)

|

5/18/2018 8:46 AM

Odyssey Broc Raifords. They're very comfortable and they last ages.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/18/2018 8:50 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I've just stuck on S&M Hoder grips, they feel great. But I'm pretty sure any ODI grip will see you good. I also run Shadow Alloy bar ends, which I can't complain about.

have always wanted a pair of Arbocs, but just can't justify the price.

I was hoping to make a few quid out of the arboc bar ends I bought, but got stung on import tax! After posting them out I don't make anything. But, I still think £35 for bar ends hand made by matt beringer is a fair price. I'd offer you a discount, but then I'd be money down! He said he's adjusted the postage cost outside the US, might be worth checking his bigcartel

|

5/18/2018 8:54 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I was hoping to make a few quid out of the arboc bar ends I bought, but got stung on import tax! After posting them out I don't make anything. But, I still think £35 for bar ends hand made by matt beringer is a fair price. I'd offer you a discount, but then I'd be money down! He said he's adjusted the postage cost outside the US, might be worth checking his bigcartel

This is another reason I didn't buy them, I get sketched out ordering from the US due to all these stories. TBH I'm really happy with my deadbolts and need to save my money towards new forks, get the bike were I want it.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

5/18/2018 12:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2018 12:11 PM

I have had good experience with shadow deadbolt alloy bar ends. Still going strong. Par ends on my main and stolen thermalites on my backup.

Bsd dan payley grips are super comfy but dont last long. I also really like the kink samurai grips but they also dont last very long. Im going to hop on the odi train as soon as my next set wears through.

|

5/18/2018 12:28 PM

Anybody knows any steel barends?
Other than the WTP Patrol ones?

|

5/18/2018 12:35 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

Anybody knows any steel barends?
Other than the WTP Patrol ones?

Why steel? Aluminium is plenty good enough, a much cheaper material, easier to machine(therefore, cheaper again) and won't rust.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/18/2018 12:44 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

Anybody knows any steel barends?
Other than the WTP Patrol ones?

Similar to a steel stem, steel barends would be a downgrade from what is currently on the market

|

Hmmm

5/18/2018 12:48 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Why steel? Aluminium is plenty good enough, a much cheaper material, easier to machine(therefore, cheaper again) and won't rust.

I need something that can pack a bigger punch than Allaughing

|

5/18/2018 1:19 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

Anybody knows any steel barends?
Other than the WTP Patrol ones?

I think shadow makes metal ones. I have very old SE ones that are metal ends but a plastic body.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/18/2018 1:45 PM

I used soft odi longnecks up until recently. I needed new grips and no shops had them so I went with some bad passenger grips and really like them so far.

|

5/18/2018 2:41 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

Anybody knows any steel barends?
Other than the WTP Patrol ones?

p1p1092 wrote:

Why steel? Aluminium is plenty good enough, a much cheaper material, easier to machine(therefore, cheaper again) and won't rust.

am-shaegar wrote:

I need something that can pack a bigger punch than Allaughing

I have the WTP Patrols. They don't rust as they're in stainless steel.

Shadow Deadbolt bar ends are lighter and seem to have a bigger diameter- which is good as the Patrols don't protect at all from dirt ingress.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/18/2018 2:48 PM

I remember those FBM grips, my first proper set of grips. They used to be the Nice Miso grips. Anyways, kinda boring but


ODI Longneck XL all fucking day bitch

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/18/2018 2:50 PM

As for grips, I recommend the Subrosa Genetic grips.

They are basically a copy of ODI longnecks with an inverted rose on it, BUT: they are one of the longest grips on the market (not taking into consideration the monstrous noodle obscenities of course) and as such have more contact area for tricks and hand position.

I highly recommend them as they are relatively fat, comfy and soft, without being too mushy, fragile or deadening. The deep grooves make sure that your hands don't slip on them when you're sweating (which was the case on the Kink Samurais I had) and the comfort and control is very close to ODI Longnecks (with that additional length + good feeling about supporting a BMX brand rather than a big house grip brand).

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/19/2018 11:15 AM

Wethepeople Hilt grips and kink lightest barends.

|

5/19/2018 1:20 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

Anybody knows any steel barends?
Other than the WTP Patrol ones?

p1p1092 wrote:

Why steel? Aluminium is plenty good enough, a much cheaper material, easier to machine(therefore, cheaper again) and won't rust.

I dont think Aluminum, unless we are talking a quality inferior to 6000 or 7000 series, is cheaper than steel. I could be wrong, of course.

|

5/19/2018 1:28 PM

I got some S&M Hoder grips yesterday, they feel alot softer than the ODI Longneck ST grips... really like them alot...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/19/2018 1:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 1:46 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I dont think Aluminum, unless we are talking a quality inferior to 6000 or 7000 series, is cheaper than steel. I could be wrong, of course.

I was referring to 6061, which is just over half the price of say, 4130 of the same size. 7000 series would be an absolute and utter waste in that application.

6061 is just over half the price of the same size of 304/304L stainless too.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/19/2018 10:37 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Why steel? Aluminium is plenty good enough, a much cheaper material, easier to machine(therefore, cheaper again) and won't rust.

Bulletpup wrote:

I dont think Aluminum, unless we are talking a quality inferior to 6000 or 7000 series, is cheaper than steel. I could be wrong, of course.

p1p1092 wrote:

I was referring to 6061, which is just over half the price of say, 4130 of the same size. 7000 series would be an absolute and utter waste in that application.

6061 is just over half the price of the same size of 304/304L stainless too.

And it's a lot easier to machine, so manufacturing costs are lower

|

5/22/2018 9:27 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I got some S&M Hoder grips yesterday, they feel alot softer than the ODI Longneck ST grips... really like them alot...

I got Hoders last week, they are really soft, loving them too.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.