Any full chromoly completes for $400?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2016 6:39 PM

I've been out of the bike scene for quite some time and I've been shopping hard for a bike so I can ride with my 8 year old at the skate park and downtown street spots. I sort of have my eye on the fit prospect and the cult gateway but I don't think either are full chromoly. I'm 33 and won't be doing anything crazy like I used to so I'm not sure if full chromoly will be necessary. Any help would be appreciated.

|

2/26/2016 6:59 PM

How tall are you? The Fit Prospect has a 20.25" TT which would be small unless you're like 5ft tall. Not to mention the specs & parts aren't that great, a little more money will get you more.

Look into some of the bikes on sale, the Kink Whip Hamlin bike is on sale for $400 which is the same price as the Cult Gateway, but much better specs compared to it. It has a full chromoly frame, fork, bars & cranks, it's fully sealed and has a double wall rear rim. It's also a 20.5" TT.

Or $20 more gets you the Kink Liberty (Sunny.Jomofo approved!) which is marked down from $450 and comes with everything the Whip bike does, but has a double wall rim in the front as well, and comes with 2 pegs. Also has a 20.85" TT which is better if you're on the taller side. It however lacks brakes, but does include caliper brakes but they're usually not that great so keep that in mind if you're used to brakes. For just stopping they should be okay though.

|

2/26/2016 7:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2016 7:26 PM

Does the Liberty just "come with a brake inside" to say they sold it with one or does it actually function as a brake but just a sh!tty one? Also, no drilling for it? thanks

|

2/26/2016 7:34 PM

4130proselyte wrote:

Does the Liberty just "come with a brake inside" to say they sold it with one or does it actually function as a brake but just a sh!tty one? Also, no drilling for it? thanks

Legally they need to include some sort of brake to sell them, so yes it comes with it but I don't know if it comes pre-installed or not. They work, but not as well as a good u-brake would work especially if you're going to be doing brake tricks. But they'll still stop you from flying out into traffic.

And the hole is already drilled into the seat stay bridge on the frame

These are caliper brakes, the top bolt in the middle is what mounts to the frame

|

2/26/2016 7:36 PM

ahh yes. Ok I understand the mounting now. Thanks you again!

|

2/26/2016 11:57 PM

I think the Stolen Sinner is.

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

2/27/2016 2:49 AM

I'm 5'9" so I was thinking 25.5-20.75 would be good. I bought my sons bike off dans comp and they seem to have the best deals with the 15% off and free shipping. Is there any other place that I might be able to find them at a discount? Any other models that are full cromo at or under $400?

|

2/27/2016 4:08 AM

They have a couple of complete in the $350-$400 range at dans comp

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

2/27/2016 4:23 AM

Complete full chromoly? I like the kink whip and might pull the trigger on it.

|

2/27/2016 5:01 AM

How about Framed bikes? There are a couple full chromoly completes for real cheap on the-house.com.

|

2/27/2016 11:59 AM

KINK Whip. Totally great frame, I run one. Been 3 years now and still going strong. The complete may not be comfortable for taller riders, though. I found myself going for a top load and bigger bars within a month. Got the complete for $290.00 at my local. It's a good beginner bike as well, but I've changed so much on it, all that's left of that complete are the frame and cranks, haha! But if you aren't doing anything crazy, this would be great. 100% Cro-Mo bars, forks, and frame.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

2/29/2016 2:42 AM

Is the Stolen Heist a good complete?

|

2/29/2016 8:09 PM

|

2/29/2016 9:01 PM

https://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102584/2016_Kink_Barrier_Bike.html

You can use code "GLUCK" on 3/16/2016 and 3/17/2016 which would bring the price down $75.
Comes with everything you want, rear brakes, full chromoly, double wall rims, all sealed bearings.

|

3/1/2016 8:18 AM

Well I pulled the trigger on a 2016 Stolen Heist. It should be here tomorrow. Thanks for all the help. Hopefully it was a good choice.

|

3/1/2016 6:25 PM

Nice! I went ahead and ordered the Kink Liberty sexton lhd for my nephew. We both loved the trans green. Hopefully his mom doesn't have a freak out about the brakes...

|

3/2/2016 8:07 AM

We have a few of the Cult Signature bikes that are full chromoly on sale for $399.95

Hawk Signature
http://www.albes.com/cult-chase-hawk-bike/

Dehart Signature
http://www.albes.com/cult-dehart-signature-bike/

Hope that helps someone

www.albes.com

|