Any of you guys riding Profile Elites? Worth it?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2018 8:52 PM

I know there has probably been a ton of threads like this but Im seriously on the fence about getting some elites. Just wanted to see if you guys have had any experience with them. Putting together a new bike and wanted to go all out and get dream bike but not sure if they're worth it. Obviously they're expensive as hell and probably not worth the price, or at least worth spending 200 more than say some Antigrams or something but if any of you guys were happy with yours. I mainly ride trails and pools but I some street riding as well. Know a lot of people dont like the instant engagement for fakies and all that but that doesn't bother me at all. Honestly just want a hub thatll last me a long ass time and comes from a company I dig. PS I have some minis that I like a lot. Sorry this is all over the place haha.

|

7/22/2018 9:31 PM

Get them . I want one so badly

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/23/2018 7:08 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Get them . I want one so badly

Lol Im really debating it. So damn pricy though lol. The sound of some elites laced to some Sun Big ballers sounds sexy though

|

7/23/2018 8:06 AM

A friend of mine swapped his elite for a mini the day he got it because he hated the sound that much. And drag......
I've got totems and can't fault them. But they're not easy to get now. They have the exact same internals as minis but with a smooth shell

|

7/23/2018 8:13 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

A friend of mine swapped his elite for a mini the day he got it because he hated the sound that much. And drag......
I've got ...more

I mean you could just get a Madera....

I'd ride an Elite if I got one for free, but I can justify the $300 price tag myself... if I were to get another cassette I'd get a Madera...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/23/2018 8:33 AM

I love mine , got the 14 mm titanium gdh axle , 9 tooth titanium driver , best hubs I’ve ever had

|

7/23/2018 10:13 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've got ...more

Yeah the sound can be a bit much but it doesnt bother me all that much

|

7/23/2018 12:01 PM

WAY too loud for me.

|

7/23/2018 1:07 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've got ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I'd ride an Elite if I got one for free, but I can justify the $300 price tag ...more

Yep madera are the same as mini's too. But I personally don't like the machining on them. And over here (not sure about anywhere else in the world) they come stock with the 14mm male axle, so I'd have to buy a female axle kit too. They don't offer the build your own hub with madera.

The drag would be the biggest off put for me with elites, as well as the noise. I like doing a few cranks then coasting without losing speed. I've heard people say the drag is really noticeable

|

7/23/2018 1:08 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've got ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I'd ride an Elite if I got one for free, but I can justify the $300 price tag ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Yep madera are the same as mini's too. But I personally don't like the machining on them. And over here (not sure about ...more

What do you mean the "drag"?

|

7/23/2018 1:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2018 1:18 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Yep madera are the same as mini's too. But I personally don't like the machining on them. And over here (not sure about ...more

LikeRats wrote:

Drag as in the friction from the pawls and springs slow you down faster than a hub with less pawls and weaker springs.

I personally hate listening to a loud instant type engagement hub and I guarantee there will be many around you that feel the same if you go to a skatepark.

But if you like it and/or you have a reason to go with a hub with super fast engagement I cant fault you for it.

|

7/23/2018 1:19 PM

Not meaning to thread Jack or anything but speaking of drag my friend has a double sprung hope pro4 on a freestyle MTB and that thing won't spin freely if there isn't the weight of someone making it coast

|

Hmmm

7/23/2018 1:19 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

LikeRats wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Drag as in the friction from the pawls and springs slow you down faster than a hub with less pawls and weaker springs.

I ...more

Oh damn, I guess that makes sense. Never heard about that with the Elites but I dont doubt it. Really dig the elites but debating if getting a simian in the front and antigram in back would be better. A lot cheaper and I feel like Id worry about them less bc theyre tanks but idk lol. The thought of some elites just sounds sexy

|

7/23/2018 2:10 PM

The main question really should be if you use pegs or not. Elites are made primarily for racing, and although a chromoly axle will stand some abuse, wouldn't you want something a bit more tanky that you don't have to worry about? If you don't use pegs, and you really want them, go for it.

I don't use pegs and I'd snap up a g sport ratchet if the right one came along! I'm seriously considering an antigram, just to switch things up a bit

|

7/23/2018 2:47 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

The main question really should be if you use pegs or not. Elites are made primarily for racing, and although a chromoly axle ...more

Yeah you’re right. I use pegs. Honestly a simian and antigram might be best. Not as sexy but they’d last me forever and I wouldn’t have to ever worry about them. Especially with the pegs

|

7/23/2018 2:50 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

The main question really should be if you use pegs or not. Elites are made primarily for racing, and although a chromoly axle ...more

LikeRats wrote:

Yeah you’re right. I use pegs. Honestly a simian and antigram might be best. Not as sexy but they’d last me forever and I ...more

14mm female bolts are where its at!

|

7/23/2018 7:53 PM

I could be totally wrong about this but I have heard that because they engage so quickly, landing from a 180 can be more of a pain. You need to start back pedaling sooner and faster...

again. I have no experience doing this but someone mentioned it once so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Can anyone confirm ?

|

7/23/2018 8:30 PM

pnj wrote:

I could be totally wrong about this but I have heard that because they engage so quickly, landing from a 180 can be more of a ...more

yeah fakies instantly engage.

|