Any opinions?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2016 11:42 PM

Okay, so i have been riding for about a year now and since then i can fakie, bunny hop, half cab, double peg and feeble, 180 disaster, bunny hop out of fakie and im even going to get full cabs dialed in a couple of weeks i think, cuz im pretty close to it. But then there's the 180....the trick that's been haunting me since the day i found out what a bmx is. I simply can't do it. I am the kind of guy that learns at a very slow pace but dude ive been trying it for a year and still cannot land it. I just rotate and put my foot down just before i land. If i go a little faster, i put it down after i land. It just doesnt work. So here's the thing: Everyone's telling me to learn 180s but i just dont want to try them anymore...yesterday this dude told me that if i dont want to try 180s, that i should try to spin a 360. What do you guys think? Is the 360 easier (especially in this situation) than the 180? Thanks for the time smile

|

6/19/2016 11:47 PM

180's are essential as a trick , especially in combos . Learn them when you can and once you do , take it from there like 360's , 180 out of grinds , etc

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/20/2016 12:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2016 12:08 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

180's are essential as a trick , especially in combos . Learn them when you can and once you do , take it from there like 360's , 180 out of grinds , etc

Just keep practicing, look up videos or articles on the web for advice. Like Brayden stated, the 180 is a clear staple in BMX. Sure, 360 spins are cool too, but 180 tricks offer more combos.

You said you could bunnyhop in fakie, so things like that are a perfect example of why it'd be great to get 180 spins. Not to mention tons of tricks out there can be done in fakie. Barspins, tailwhips, turndowns, SO MANY tricks! No ramp-rollback required!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/20/2016 1:30 AM

So I shouldnt hurry with the 360, then...okay, thanks for your help!

|

6/20/2016 1:41 AM

Nosferatu443 wrote:

So I shouldnt hurry with the 360, then...okay, thanks for your help!

If you can do them then do them , but I've seen kids who can't bunnyhop up curbs learn flyout 360's and then just stop biking because they don't have the patience to learn the "rollback" part of a 180 , and they can't 360 out of small banks / flat or hop on ledges for grinds so they just quit . Learn what you can and build from there . Not having a trick is fun . Because once you learn it , it's not as fun as when you first land one and the feeling of finally getting something you were mad at haha .

I've probably done a couple thousand 180's easily in my life , and I do not get tired of them . Always fun , flat , flyout. , etc.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/20/2016 6:43 AM

Stay in a straight line, carve a lot less than you are. The reason you put your foot down is because you're carving too much and landing with the bike leant over. When you get 360's dialled you can get them more consistent than 180's but they're not easier, you just don't need to worry about the fakie

|