Any restoration bmx projects?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2018 1:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2018 1:30 PM

Rebuilds or bring an older frame back to life. Restorations.

|

brakeless maniac

2/15/2018 1:28 PM

Photo
My 2-hip pork. I've posted it up before but here is before and after.
Photo

|

brakeless maniac

2/15/2018 1:32 PM

Nice! Looks great!

|

2/15/2018 2:58 PM

How do you get old stickers off so you can reuse them. Or do you just buy new ones

|

2/15/2018 3:05 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

How do you get old stickers off so you can reuse them. Or do you just buy new ones

Wd40 takes stickers off in one piece, then use some other adhesive to put them back on

|

Hmmm

2/15/2018 4:45 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

Wd40 takes stickers off in one piece, then use some other adhesive to put them back on

How does that work? Just soak it and peel?

|

2/15/2018 6:19 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

I,ordered a new set of decals from 2-hip luckily they still had some. They didn't have the decal for the head tube tho

|

brakeless maniac

2/15/2018 7:32 PM

Not sure if this counts, but I got a pair of 10” fu bars for cheap from someone who thought rattle can white would be amazing. I’m going to sand them down, get rid of the clear coat underneath the white (originally raw bars) and re-prime them, then paint them pink to match my frame. Photo

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

2/15/2018 7:32 PM

Also that 2 hip pork looks incredible! nice job on that

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

2/15/2018 10:53 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

I use a blow dryer over the sticker and sorrounding area for about a minute or so. This heats up the adhesive between the sticker and paint, and makes it come off the bike clean and in one piece. There might be a small area thats scrunched up from where you use your fingernails to peel up the sticker initially, but thats fine. From my experience, this method mostly also does not leave any sticky adhesive on the bike. I say mostly because the only time I ever encountered a problem with this was on a chrome frame (chrome is smoother; less porous; or something than a normal coating).

Now unless you plan to transfer the sticker to another surface immediately, you might be wondering where to put it in the meantime. I guess go to a skateshop and ask if they have any old backing paper from griptape, and use that part to temporarily paste your stickers in the meantime. Or if you saved the backing paper after using a sticker (doubt it), you can use that.

|

2/16/2018 12:46 AM

That is some change. Looked like a heap originally and it now looks brand new and sort of new school meets mid school.

How heavy are these? I'm guessing very given then name!

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

2/16/2018 3:35 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

thairishguy wrote:

I use a blow dryer over the sticker and sorrounding area for about a minute or so. This heats up the adhesive between the ...more

I was wondering if wax paper would work lol

|

2/16/2018 4:19 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

thairishguy wrote:

I use a blow dryer over the sticker and sorrounding area for about a minute or so. This heats up the adhesive between the ...more

NateBrown62 wrote:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm dunno man. Maybe test it out first with something more disposable than a bike sticker.

|

2/16/2018 4:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2018 5:36 AM

I'm about to update my Sunday first wave, with some newer stuff off my cult hawk. I'm parting out the cult, and selling almost everything. Keeping the Sunday as my main ride, getting rid of all my extra crap I don't need, which is becoming a lot. I'll post some pics up later. Btw, I love the 2hip pork frame! Awesome. Love midschool stuff, those frames had character... Bike check?

|

2/16/2018 6:30 AM

I got an old Haro for nothing and redid it before I bought my Fit.

Photo

Photo

|

2/16/2018 2:37 PM

thairishguy wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

thairishguy wrote:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm dunno man. Maybe test it out first with something more disposable than a bike sticker.

I'll find something. I have a huge sticker on my bad safari that I want to save but I might have to split it up by letter since it covers most of the downtube

|

2/16/2018 6:36 PM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

That is some change. Looked like a heap originally and it now looks brand new and sort of new school meets mid school.

How ...more

I believe the frame is somewhere around 9lbs not quite sure

|

brakeless maniac

2/16/2018 6:37 PM

bassist_nerd wrote:

I got an old Haro for nothing and redid it before I bought my Fit.

Photo

Photo

Sweet!

|

brakeless maniac

2/17/2018 5:38 AM

Here's the bike I'm going to be raffling off at my Jam in April. Premium Frame/Fork with a bunch of random aftermarket parts & a super awesome wheelset courtesy of TheDarkEnergist.cheerful

I'm gonna paint the frame set to match the seat & then polish up the aluminum parts. It's gonna be sweet!

Also, does anyone know anything about that UGP Seat? I've never heard of them but it's been getting a lot of "is that really a UGP seat?!" comments.blink
Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/17/2018 6:53 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Here's the bike I'm going to be raffling off at my Jam in April. Premium Frame/Fork with a bunch of random aftermarket parts ...more

Nice!

|

2/17/2018 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2018 1:20 PM

Here she is. My new main ride, 2007 new/first wave Sunday. Feels amazing. I'm really happy the way it came out. Feels super dialed. I think. Just gonna add an animal glh 2.1 to the back because right now it's a 1.85. I'll do a proper bike check when I take it out for a ride later.Photo

Added my cult sect IC forks 28mm offset, to replace my Odyssey directors, that were 32mm. Odyssey sxtn 48mm stem, standard strip bars 9", fit indents with wellgo magnesium pedals. Oh and demolition bulimia front wheel. Think that's it. Have a new odyssey sprocket, I just want to paint black first. Maybe this weekend.

|

2/17/2018 10:53 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Here she is. My new main ride, 2007 new/first wave Sunday. Feels amazing. I'm really happy the way it came out. Feels super ...more

Looks awesome man

|

2/17/2018 3:03 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Here she is. My new main ride, 2007 new/first wave Sunday. Feels amazing. I'm really happy the way it came out. Feels super ...more

NateBrown62 wrote:

Looks awesome man

Thanks dude.

|