Any tips for wrapping a seat

Related:
Create New Tag

12/21/2013 12:38 PM

I have this horrib le Mongoose seat and ive taken offf the cover and padding so its just like a normal plastic bmx seat,but it is butt ugly, i was think about gluing some material to cover it, What glue/fabric/tips for it, thanks smile

|

12/21/2013 12:40 PM

Use crazy glue, lots of it.

|

12/21/2013 12:41 PM

Don't use crazy glue. Just stapel it

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/21/2013 1:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2013 2:01 PM

It'd be worth it to buy a new seat.. they're not expensive.

did you rip off the previous cover or undo whatever was holding it? I've used a modified odsy pc seat in the past, those come with plastic 'hand grips' screwed on under, which were also there to help hold the fabrics securely. I used those to keep my materials on.

-Find something comfortable, like any type of flat spongy shit.. maybe even a sponge itself. Cut that to size and combine to plastic seat with a glue stick... for now.

-Now find yourself some sturdy material.. leather, stuff like that that won't rip easy.( i used a double layer of denim myself) Cut that to the shape of your seat.. slight larger than though. Wrap the seat tightly and fasten whatever was keeping the previous cover back on.

You may need to use needle and thread to sew the bottom of your new cover. It's not hard at all, just takes time.
(or be lazy and get a fuck load safety pins and pin that shit)

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/21/2013 1:37 PM

i was going to use Leopard skin style tights / t shirt to wrap it so more thinner stuff

|

12/21/2013 2:02 PM

datguycal wrote:

i was going to use Leopard skin style tights / t shirt to wrap it so more thinner stuff

I wrapped an old seat what I did was I took off the old cover (carefully), cut the material I was using to the right shape, used some aeresol spray glue on both the cover and the seat, wrapped it, then used a staple gun to staple it on the bottom. Worked pretty well.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/21/2013 2:57 PM

You could send it to native..

|

Bang Bang bmx