Any tips on footjam tailwhip?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2012 4:56 PM

I have literally been trying this trick for about 6months i believe? on and off and it gets frustrating because i was getting the full rotation within a couple of days and i got stuck on the landing. When i go to jump, i scoop my pedal with my back foot and jam my tire but by the time the frame gets around the pedals arent in the place where they were at the start? Has anyone else had this problem? Ive tried many ways scooping, not bending my knees, tightening my chain a bit more, scooping both my feet, jumping and landing on my front tire then jumping the frame and kicking it idk.... >.> frustrating but i still look forward to landing this trick CONSISTENTLY ive landed it before but not consistently any advice would help thanks in advance =)

|

6/22/2012 5:06 PM

footjam whips are gay.

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

6/22/2012 5:13 PM

Thats your opinion and i respect it =) BUT i also except you to respect my question and answer if your not going to answer to help me out then why answer?

|

6/22/2012 5:52 PM

What works for me is scooping the pedal upwards while kicking it around at the same time.
Check out this video, at one point he explains it:

|

6/22/2012 5:54 PM

Fad3r wrote:

What works for me is scooping the pedal upwards while kicking it around at the same time.
Check out this video, at one point he explains it:

Yea ive seen the video and i have tried scooping the pedal but i guess what happens is that as i jump i scoop the pedal and they move backwards any way to stop that?

|

6/22/2012 7:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2012 7:06 PM

Only other things i can suggest are:
Tighten your cranks down alot
Make sure chain isn't loose
If that doesn't help i've seen people put a piece of an old tire between their bottom bracket and crank arm to keep them from moving

|

6/22/2012 7:13 PM

aight thanks for the help =)

|