Anyone try the plastic Mac pedals ?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2016 9:51 PM

Going to an indoor park tommorow in Edmonton , I'm stoked they got a vert ramp I want to ride , but their rules are plastic pegs and pedals , taking the pegs right off and I'm going to have to stop by transition tommorow and pick up some plastics , never been a fan of plastic pedals so looking for some experienced suggestions , I love my alloy Mac pedals , are the plastics worth getting or should I go with something else ?

|

1/14/2016 10:06 PM

They're good but I like wider pedals the the primo jj palmere, odyssey grandstand or bsd safari

|

1/14/2016 10:14 PM

I tried some wide Ezra plastics once snapped them real quick , I'd totally go for a wide pedal with alloy but I don't trust then plastics to much

|

1/14/2016 10:46 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I tried some wide Ezra plastics once snapped them real quick , I'd totally go for a wide pedal with alloy but I don't trust then plastics to much

just get the macs then, you can quickly switch em out when ur not riding there.

|

1/14/2016 10:48 PM

I heard the spindles suck and are easy to bend, but if you haven't had any problems with your metal ones then you should be fine.

I'd also recommend Cult pc ones. They're a bit bigger in shape, but not too wide. Good amount of pins, I won't ride anything but them.

|

1/14/2016 10:52 PM

Transition has the cults I'll have to give them a look to , anyone know the difference in pc and graffite ?

|

1/15/2016 12:11 AM

They're amazing . I bought them because I had the intent of buying metal pedals and I know Macs came in them so I bought plastic ones to test the shape and feel before metals .

Not going to lie , at first so thought they were slippery . I think it's like a tire with that layer of wax , when you break them in they're better ? Same with these pedals . The shape is awesome for bigger feet , and they're grippy enough but not CRAZY so if you need to put your foot down you can , but I haven't slipped yet . The design looks good and the pin placement seems durable because my grinds haven't worn a bunch out , most are all tall still .

I'm riding them now after a couple months and I'd say they're great so far , if you want some get some .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/15/2016 2:46 AM

I've been riding them for a year now and mine are still going strong. nice comfy shape, no compaints

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/15/2016 10:56 PM

Comes to Transition the day I'm not working... haha... Also buys the most punk rock thing we've got at the shop... sounds about right haha.

How did you like the park?

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/15/2016 11:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2016 11:59 PM

I know I was bummed man I'll have to catch you next time forsure , got the Dugan grandstand pc pedals I'm stoked on those always wanted to try a bushing style pedal they worked well and that s&m hoody is rad as fuck stoked I noticed it had to snatch it up , I'll be giving you a call sometime the end of next week to put some money down on a bonesaw frame when I get paid that frame looks so sick in person

I didn't ride the park a whole bunch cause those burnout tires are death on that floor , but I love that vert ramp , was getting about a foot out of it , pictures don't do it justice how massive that thing is its scary as hell I deffinatly wanna work on getting more amplitude on that in the future, pulled 3 540s on it and crashed one and gave myself a concussion , 540s weren't over coping by any means but deffinatly the biggest ones I've done , glad I had my full face or probably would have been knocked out , deffinatly need different tires to fully enjoy that place but it was a rad day

|

1/16/2016 5:02 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I know I was bummed man I'll have to catch you next time forsure , got the Dugan grandstand pc pedals I'm stoked on those always wanted to try a bushing style pedal they worked well and that s&m hoody is rad as fuck stoked I noticed it had to snatch it up , I'll be giving you a call sometime the end of next week to put some money down on a bonesaw frame when I get paid that frame looks so sick in person

I didn't ride the park a whole bunch cause those burnout tires are death on that floor , but I love that vert ramp , was getting about a foot out of it , pictures don't do it justice how massive that thing is its scary as hell I deffinatly wanna work on getting more amplitude on that in the future, pulled 3 540s on it and crashed one and gave myself a concussion , 540s weren't over coping by any means but deffinatly the biggest ones I've done , glad I had my full face or probably would have been knocked out , deffinatly need different tires to fully enjoy that place but it was a rad day

Cool man! It will be sweet to get you on a Bonesaw, and yes we can take a deposit over the phone.

I was just at the park earlier, and yes any kind of slick tires are a little sketchy on the floor there. I find something with more tread to make a big difference.

Sorry to hear about the concussion, but hey, at least you got to ride your bike in the middle of Winter haha.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx