Anybody else ever dislocated their knee cap?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/1/2014 10:49 PM

I dislocated my knee cap about 4 weeks ago and I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this, I don't know how it will be when I get back on my bike, I'm afraid it will be fairly easy to dislocate again and want some extra input.

|

3/2/2014 7:43 AM

Can't say I have, but I imagine the timeframe would be similar to a knee dislocation (the actual joint, not just the kneecap) to allow ligaments/tendons to heal up.

Knee pads. Get some.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/2/2014 8:20 AM

I dislocated ny knee playing football a few years ago, haven't since then so i wouldn't say it'll easier to dislocate again does hurt and pop sometimes but a knee brace usually stops that

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/2/2014 8:34 AM

When I was in middle school I knew a kid that did that skating.

We skated, rode bmx, got into mad fights, played football and all types of shit.

He never seemed like it bothered him at all after it healed.

|

3/2/2014 8:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2014 8:46 AM

I'm guessing you probably tore some ligaments to......Ligaments take a Long time to heal don't rush it I was off my bike for 3 months from an ankle ligament injury and it still hurt to ride

|

3/2/2014 10:29 AM

Thanks for the input and advice guys, but i didn't tear any ligaments I just stretched them slightly so I have to regain the muscle in my knee so it tightens up around the ligaments, I just didn't know how it would be when I get back on my bike, I am wearing a really good brace, I can jog on my knee now so it's getting stronger, the doc said I could get back on my bike this week but im going to give it an extra week to build up a little more muscle before riding again. I would hate to dislocate it again.

|

3/2/2014 11:08 AM

I Fucked my infernal knee ligaments
once, i was riding g again in 2 weeks.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/2/2014 11:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2014 11:38 AM

T-rider wrote:

I Fucked my infernal knee ligaments
once, i was riding g again in 2 weeks.

Probably not as "fucked" as it sounds.

I had a swollen fluid sac in my knee, took about 3 months to go away, couldn't walk for a week and couldn't ride for all 3 of those months for more than a few pedal strokes without it flaring up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/2/2014 12:10 PM

ik how you feel about the nervousness, i snapped my femur in march of 2013, and i will always feel the physical and emotional effects

|