Anybody got a line on some Haro bars?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/12/2020 11:06 AM

Gents,

I am in the market for a taller set of bars, and for as much as I understand that it is acceptable to mix brands on a bike, I am old and set in my ways so I want to keep everything on my bike Haro. I also would like to make sure that whatever I get looks halfway decent, so I believe as far as color goes... I will have to either go with the one option that Haro offers in turquoise (the kneesavers), or go with straight chrome.

As we all know, parts supply is thin. Unfortunately for me (and my back), that has created a situation where I have cash in hand, but cannot find what I want/need in stock for purchase anywhere.

What I am seeking, is a set of Haro bars that with at least an 8.5” rise (preferably 9-9.5”) in either chrome, or the elusive turquoise kneesavers. I have been eyeballing the all chrome Haro 78’s, but nobody seems to have them.

If anybody can point me in the right direction, please do. I am really hoping to buy some higher bars soon, and can’t bring myself to buy any that aren’t Haro brand.

|

“Don’t quote me boy cuz I ain’t said shit” - Ghandi

10/12/2020 11:11 AM

Hit up John Buultjens on IG. If anyone has answers (and respect for the fact you're trying to keep everything Haro), it's John.

https://www.instagram.com/johnbuultjens/

|

10/12/2020 11:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2020 11:38 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

Hit up John Buultjens on IG. If anyone has answers (and respect for the fact you're trying to keep everything Haro), it's ...more

Thanks for the lead man. I really appreciate it. I have never used Instagram before, so it should be a learning experience as well. Lol

***EDITED TO ADD... That after setting up an Instagram account, it appears that this guy has his profile set to private so I can message him. I sent a request, and hopefully will hear back.

|

10/12/2020 11:20 AM

maybe try get some premium bars if push comes to shove? pretty sure they're a sister company to haro so they're made by the same people they just have a different name on them.

|

10/12/2020 11:36 AM

Michael Cranston wrote:

maybe try get some premium bars if push comes to shove? pretty sure they're a sister company to haro so they're made by the ...more

Yeah... that’s my hangup. I just don’t want a different name on my bike. Frankly, even the Lineage stem on my bike kinda bugs me because they made the name Lineage stand out above the small Haro logo.

|

10/12/2020 11:42 AM

Michael Cranston wrote:

maybe try get some premium bars if push comes to shove? pretty sure they're a sister company to haro so they're made by the ...more

Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

Yeah... that’s my hangup. I just don’t want a different name on my bike. Frankly, even the Lineage stem on my bike kinda bugs ...more

you could take all the stickers off the premium bars and it wouldn't look out of place in terms of everything matching. but i definitely know how you feel, i want all odyssey on my bike and my current stem is made by sunday, a sister brand to odyssey so technically there's no difference but that Sunday logo on the stem just makes me want to change it haha.

|

10/12/2020 1:28 PM

Just get whatever chrome bars and a haro sticker

|

10/12/2020 2:45 PM

|

It’s all bmx

10/12/2020 5:25 PM

Thanks for the link my guy... I’ve placed my order with instructions to cancel if they are not in stock. Hopefully, they are in stock and I will have them soon.

|

10/13/2020 12:39 AM

Francky wrote:

Just get whatever chrome bars and a haro sticker

I was gonna say this, lol.

At first glance, I don't think your average BMX rider would question it if they say the brand's sticker. XD

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/13/2020 7:41 AM

Here's all you need to know about haro bars i guess, you can order too:
https://harobikes.com/collections/bmx-handlebars

|

10/13/2020 11:33 AM

Looks like your suggestion is a winner. I have already received shipping info for my order, so it appears they had them in stock when nobody else did. And... they had them listed at a lower price than I could have gotten them direct from Haro.

Feel free to drop me a private message with a name and address, and I will send you a little something in appreciation. I really needed some taller bars and I wasn’t going to settle for something other than Haro. You made it so that I will be able to keep riding when I otherwise might have been down in my back and sidelined.

|