Anybody riding a Redline on here?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2019 10:44 AM

Just curious. My local bike shop carries them. They also carry Haro and Cult. I don't have money for any of them but I'm just learning.

I remember Redline being a big name when I was younger.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

11/13/2019 1:28 PM

We don’t have any racers here, we’re all pretty much on the freestyle side of things.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/13/2019 2:02 PM

Well,Redline makes park/street bikes to.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

11/13/2019 2:35 PM

It does seem like they offer more racing bikes. But there were a few options for freestyle. I think one was called the Asset. Then they had some with smaller dimensions for younger riders. Romp and Roam. But they look decent.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

11/13/2019 7:52 PM

They do have freestyle stuff, but their primary focus is racing.

If anything, the Random 20 is the best of the bunch. The other models don’t have full chromoly nor do they all have sealed bearings all around. That being said, if you look into freestyle companies, you’ll find much, much more variety and options for the same cost or less.

If you really want Redline, go for the Random. But I think you’ll be able to find a nicer setup elsewhere.

In short, look for 100% chromoly frame, fork, and bar. Sealed BB, headset, and hub bearings are also a must.

|

11/14/2019 4:25 AM

I would ride one, especially when the Device line of parts were out.

But I also am not picky.

I DO want to get into more rider owned stuff as time goes on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/14/2019 5:27 AM

One of the top oldschool brands for sure. I know a lot of the bmxmuseum.com guys are obsessed with the 80's models. But I never see them these days. Redline just doesn't have the popularity factor of other brands with younger riders. Pretty much every brand popular in the 80's got sold and or became uncool in the decades following.

Once your in the know, best way to buy is based on quality of materials and manufacturing techniques rather than cool stickers. Unless you really have your heart set on a certain bike. I do know that feeling!

|

11/14/2019 9:52 AM

readybmxer wrote:

They do have freestyle stuff, but their primary focus is racing.

If anything, the Random 20 is the best of the bunch. The other models don’t have full chromoly nor do they all have sealed bearings all around. That being said, if you look into freestyle companies, you’ll find much, much more variety and options for the same cost or less.

If you really want Redline, go for the Random. But I think you’ll be able to find a nicer setup elsewhere.

In short, look for 100% chromoly frame, fork, and bar. Sealed BB, headset, and hub bearings are also a must.

Don't all hubs have bearings or do you mean sealed bearings on a hub too?

I'm still learning what is quality. Thanks for the tips guys. I have no allegiance to a brand. I just remember the name. If anything when I buy stuff I'd like it to be American.... Not sure what is and what isn't though. I like that Hoffman is from Oklahoma. My Grandpa who died in WWII was from there. Buried in Muskogee.

|

11/14/2019 10:35 AM

Sealed bearings are where it's at these days. Anything less is just for riding around town. So, yeah, all wheels have bearings (obviously) but your better wheelsets should have sealed bearing hubs

|

11/14/2019 10:37 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Just curious. My local bike shop carries them. They also carry Haro and Cult. I don't have money for any of them but I'm just learning.

If you are looking for a bike, hit me up. I'm local to you (in case you haven't seen my other replies to your posts) and might have something for you, depending on your budget.

|

11/14/2019 10:46 AM

Just don't get suckered into buying a Haro from them.

|

11/14/2019 10:49 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Sealed bearings are where it's at these days. Anything less is just for riding around town. So, yeah, all wheels have bearings (obviously) but your better wheelsets should have sealed bearing hubs

Yep, this.

As far as American companies, S&M is a solid choice for many if you’re willing to pay the price. But many other companies have their stuff made in the same factories anyways.

|

11/14/2019 9:58 PM

I just picked up a used redline syntax, really fun bike but its a little rusted up. I like the bike but the back hub is getting really loose as its pretty rusted up. I think the hub is alienation not redline though

|

11/15/2019 9:56 AM

croberts01 wrote:

I just picked up a used redline syntax, really fun bike but its a little rusted up. I like the bike but the back hub is getting really loose as its pretty rusted up. I think the hub is alienation not redline though

Got any pics???

|

11/15/2019 9:59 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

If you are looking for a bike, hit me up. I'm local to you (in case you haven't seen my other replies to your posts) and might have something for you, depending on your budget.

Thanks man!!! Might do that when I have more money. I want to get started on my el cheap bike and as if I break stuff from actually being able to do stuff, then I'll start to look at upgrading. Only thing is I might want to get a good set of bars off the bat. Possibly. But still need to wait til after Christmas to spend too much money on anything. Need to be spending on other people right now. What little there is. LOL.

|