Anybody use a practice bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2013 12:06 PM

I have a Haro Nyquist backtrail X4 from who knows when, which was my first bike and is a TANK. I put four stock pegs on it and i think it may be damn near close to 50 pounds. I go out and ride this bike for an hour or so a day and try and do all the stuff i do on my bike and then put that bike away and get on my normal under 25lb bike and do everything a lot cleaner. Has anyone ever done this?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/31/2013 12:07 PM

I want to.
I was going to buy a 9lb db frame for one

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/31/2013 12:08 PM

Nope. All my old bikes have been taken apart, thrown away/sold or are going to be sold soon.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/31/2013 12:08 PM

Nah I just ride 1 bike.
I have tried riding some old ass wallmart bikes and it's so fun to see kids faces when you land shit and go like "I didn't know it was possible on THAT bike"
Too many kids blaming the bike for their shitty skills.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

3/31/2013 12:09 PM

Four wrote:

Nope. All my old bikes have been taken apart, thrown away/sold or are going to be sold soon.

Oh haha i kinda hoard all my old stuff because i have to fix like everyone in my neighborhood's bike so i never know what they are gonna break...

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/31/2013 12:10 PM

andyferly wrote:

Nah I just ride 1 bike.
I have tried riding some old ass wallmart bikes and it's so fun to see kids faces when you land shit and go like "I didn't know it was possible on THAT bike"

haha true... i enjoy riding heavy bikes because of the shear energy you need and when you get on your own its insane how different it is.

|

3/31/2013 12:11 PM

andyferly wrote:

Nah I just ride 1 bike.

Coaster brakes are the best.
Dont move when you start to fakie & it becomes a freecoaster.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/31/2013 12:12 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I want to.
I was going to buy a 9lb db frame for one

haha for sure, i bet if you looked around on the internet you could find someone to sell you an old heavy complete. The nice thing about these heavy bikes is that they hold up to hell. haha i have had this thing forever and it still rides amazing!

|

3/31/2013 12:13 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Oh haha i kinda hoard all my old stuff because i have to fix like everyone in my neighborhood's bike so i never know what they are gonna break...

I keep my good spare parts. I'm working on building a second bike now. I give some parts to my friends or let them borrow them if they need it. I just don't keep my bikes from 10+years ago running since I have better stuff now.

|

3/31/2013 12:14 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

oh shit, i had a mongoose with a kickback break. it was weird as hell. if you went backwards, the bike pedaled backwards, but if you tried to pedal backwards itd lock up and stop you. i took the hub apart and still have no idea how that thing worked

|

3/31/2013 12:17 PM

Four wrote:

I keep my good spare parts. I'm working on building a second bike now. I give some parts to my friends or let them borrow them if they need it. I just don't keep my bikes from 10+years ago running since I have better stuff now.

yeah, out with the old in with the new! i like to rebuild bikes for kids to ride that wouldnt be able to otherwise.

|

3/31/2013 12:23 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

yeah, out with the old in with the new! i like to rebuild bikes for kids to ride that wouldnt be able to otherwise.

Yeah that's rad to do, I always let my friends use parts that aren't on my bikes or if I'm not using them.

|

3/31/2013 12:32 PM

Four wrote:

Yeah that's rad to do, I always let my friends use parts that aren't on my bikes or if I'm not using them.

forreal. i think if a person wants to ride, they should.

|

3/31/2013 12:35 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

forreal. i think if a person wants to ride, they should.

Yup bike parts are expensive and hard for kids without a job to afford.

|

3/31/2013 12:39 PM

Four wrote:

Yup bike parts are expensive and hard for kids without a job to afford.

yeah i agree. haha i always liked building stuff too so its a win-win for me. haha

|

3/31/2013 12:52 PM

andyferly wrote:

Nah I just ride 1 bike.

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

oh shit, i had a mongoose with a kickback break. it was weird as hell. if you went backwards, the bike pedaled backwards, but if you tried to pedal backwards itd lock up and stop you. i took the hub apart and still have no idea how that thing worked

My friends messed up Odyssey Hazard v3 hub is so messed up that it sometimes become kind of like a free coaster, he just rolls back and his pedals wont move.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"